• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Forced Induction, New Numbers

ediddynsx said:
Jason,

Fastrax Turbo (Jon Kuryama) is one of the most respected premier tuners in the USA and outside the USA. He is the Director of R & D of HKS USA and he is a genius when it comes to Turbos. Most performance shops in the USA and many outside will call him for consultation on Turbo applications or when it comes to tuning.
Thanks for the head up, I am very interested in hearing what he will say regarding the power curve at 2000~3000rpm and achieving this feat with PT70 turbo. Again like I stated on previous post, no one is doubting the peak#, however the low end is just so beyond unreal that it is hard not to be curious.

I got crazy numbers when the RPM signal was being, say difficult to find.

I was reading at about 350rwhp and 450ftlbs @ 9lbs of boost, not completely sure because the map sensor has since found to be mislabled by the Manufacturer.

This was with no timing adjustments, on 93 octane spraying water, not the boost juice. The water meth mix will be added later, as it can run havoc on the AF ratios.

I am not 100% sure about the turbo trim on my car, but other cars that went through the same shop as mine and have 5 speed transmissions have a slightly more aggressive trim. Turbo NSX's Car is a power house if he wants it to be, The 500/500 ratio is easily achieved in the car and it is a Monster..

I am anxious to get a final tune and get the Aquamist programmed into the mix, to be able to lay 2 complete run settings, 93 octane and 100-104 octane.
I have the 9:5:1 build with some custom porting and a robust fuel system to supply the fuel...

The other missing ingredient is the Tuner, someone relatively close, someone that really knows what they are doing..I have the Tech3r and it's a nice setuo, just gotta get everything aligned....

Goodjob to all of you and the Push for Big HP...
I am in the other line, The one for robust transmissions and half shafts...Danny, if you can share what you are doing, I would love to hear it...

Armando, at least you have Awaken the FI boards...
I will be down that way, with car, in March.
Can't wait to compare build philosophies..Because you and your guy(s) Have tackled the most major issue, the motor is still together...NO Holes, crushed pins, or damage.. If it's reliable, that is what will be the big plus. Sounds like you are ahead of the game..

len3.8 said:
Because you and your guy(s) Have tackled the most major issue, the motor is still together...NO Holes, crushed pins, or damage.. If it's reliable, that is what will be the big plus. Sounds like you are ahead of the game..

The car has had 2 runs on a dyno and 2 days of road time. I am not sure you can call that reliable just yet. Though from his previous car, it sure looks like these guys know what they are doing.

NetViper said:
The car has had 2 runs on a dyno and 2 days of road time. I am not sure you can call that reliable just yet. Though from his previous car, it sure looks like these guys know what they are doing.

Where did I call it reliable? Seems as if I said, IF..:rolleyes:
Those 2 pulls and 2 days are more reliable then a lot of other things that were on the road.

I also know that he built the motor, before just pushing a bunch of air.
As I stated, they are ahead of the game...
Don't you have a Z06 or something to drive?:wink:
Wait it's a CTSC, No Basch, No NA, what is it?:biggrin:

ediddynsx said:
I am not sure about your qualification or any experience you have with turbo cars, take the graph and compare to any graph ever posted, you will realized how shocking this is. - NSXSUPRA

Jason,

Fastrax Turbo (Jon Kuryama) is one of the most respected premier tuners in the USA and outside the USA. He is the Director of R & D of HKS USA and he is a genius when it comes to Turbos. Most performance shops in the USA and many outside will call him for consultation on Turbo applications or when it comes to tuning.
I am sure he will chime in tommorrow to answer yours and Danny's question. I figure at least I let you guys know who you are talking to.

Ed,

Jason misread the Fastrax comment and thought Fastrax was at and verifying the MiamieNeSeX dyno runs, instead of the 757 FX run. His comment should have been directed to Sspeed and MiamieNeSeX, not Fastrax. My last post did present the question to Fastrax "If you can honestly explain BIG V8 or even V10 like torque down low without boost from a 3.0 liter V6 with methanol, let us know." Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Danny

lowellhigh79 said:
Ed,

Jason misread the Fastrax comment and thought Fastrax was at and verifying the MiamieNeSeX dyno runs, instead of the 757 FX run. His comment should have been directed to Sspeed and MiamieNeSeX, not Fastrax. My last post did present the question to Fastrax "If you can honestly explain BIG V8 or even V10 like torque down low without boost from a 3.0 liter V6 with methanol, let us know." Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Danny

Hey Danny,
Why does the impressive TQ have to come from the turbo or Nitrous?
Since you seem to to not believe that the car is capable of doing
this, and obviously you have tracked very major horsepower and TQ
number that any nsx has ever made. I will give you a tip and do your
homework. There is a product on the market that blends really well with
methanol and unleaded fuel, It also makes significant power gains. And it
is really does the job at lower cylinder pressure.:cool:

Last edited:
Sspeed said:
There is a product on the market that blends really well with
metanol and unleaded fuel, It also makes significant power gains. And it

Grey Goose? :wink:

This is great, Home Brew !!:eek: , I love it. got to get some:biggrin: Sspeed I am in WPB. having a bear of a time with my turbo and AEM tuning, do you have time for another NSX. Love your posts and thick skin. Armando and sspeed keep up the FI fun factor.

The dyno numbers should probably be about 7-10 % less. Still very respectable numbers, but this is kinda the only way we can support 700 hp
on pump gas.

Sspeed said:
Hey Danny,
Why does the impressive TQ have to come from the turbo or Nitrous?
Since you seem to to not believe that the car is capable of doing
this, and obviously you have tracked very major horsepower and TQ
number that any nsx has ever made. I will give you a tip and do your
homework. There is a product on the market that blends really well with
metanol and unleaded fuel, It also makes significant power gains. And it

Sspeed,

I'm familiar with alternate forms of fuel, including methanol (AFR 6:1) and nitro methane (AFR 1.7:1). If you noticed, I kept referring to "some form of additional oxygen supplementation" in my first post. 2000 rpm without boost in a 3.0 V6 just does not have enough air to support 310 ft-lbs by itself, no matter how much fuel, methane, and timing you throw at it. Again, I'm not questioning your overall achievements. However, Oxygen supplementation is Oxygen supplementation, whether it is NOS, nitro methane or anything else. I eventually referred to it as NOS because that is the form most people are familiar with and can grasp the concept of per-packaged O2 in the fuel mix. If it is Nitro methane, anyone wanting to try this should be aware it can become expensive and dangerous to handle, and can blow up your motor if done without prudent tuning and goals. Furthermore, methanol will require a larger fuel delivery system. A hardcore enthusiast like Armando will gladly make the effort to keep brewing and using the "mix". However, what is the capability of the setup without the "mix”? That is the information that will best serve this community.

I congratulate you on your effort. Your numbers are ground breaking and I enthusiastically applaud your willingness to try new and alternate methods to expand the envelope of NSX street performance.

Best Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
lowellhigh79 said:
I'm familiar with alternate forms of fuel, including methanol (AFR 6:1) and nitromethane (AFR 1.7:1). If you noticed, I kept referring to "some form of additional oxygen supplementation" in my first post. 2000 rpm without boost in a 3.0 V6 just does not have enough air to support 310 ft-lbs by itself, no matter how much fuel, methane, and timing you throw at it. Again, I'm not questioning your overall achievements. However, Oxygen supplementation is Oxygen supplementation, whether it is NOS, nitromethane or anything else. I eventually referred to it as NOS because that is the form most people are familiar with and can grasp the concept of per-packaged O2 in the fuel mix. If it is Nitromethane, anyone wanting to try this should be aware it can become expensive and dangerous to handle, and can blow up your motor if done without prudent tuning and goals. Furthermore, methanol will require a larger fuel delivery system. I congratulate you on your effort. Your numbers are ground breaking and I applaud your willingness to try new and alternate methods to expand the envelope of NSX street performance.

Best Regards,

Danny

Hey Danny,
Very close we use nitropropane, Not as expensive or as dangerous, and is not supposed to cause cancer. As for the deliver system it has a 90 psi pump and a pretty large jet.The ratio to mix with metanol is the tricky part but once you have the combination it works well. As for the tunning, your absolutly correct, If you try to tune this against A/F ratio you will probably blow it up. Need to be a bit more experenced that that. But Here it is for anyone who is willing to push the envelope for the sake of big horspower. I hope that sheds
light on the whole thing. :cool:

Last edited:
Also I will do a few runs on the dyno with just metanol, and a .58 backhousing
I suspect that it will probably take some of the lag out (800 rpm less) and
wel will probably see the horsepower in the 615-630 range, and the TQ around
450-460. But the dyno will tell all. Good luck to all.

Sspeed said:
Hey Danny,
Very close we use nitropropane, Not as expensive or as dangerous, and dosen'tcause cancer. As for the deliver system it has a 90 psi pump and a pretty large jet.The ratio to mix with metanol is the tricky part but once you have the combination it works well. As for the tunning, your absolutly correct, If you try to tune this against A/F ratio you will probably blow it up. Need to be a bit more experenced that that. But Here it is for anyone who is willing to push the envelope for the sake of big horspower. I hope that sheds

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

Sspeed said:
Hey Danny,
Very close we use nitropropane, Not as expensive or as dangerous, and is not supposed to cause cancer. As for the deliver system it has a 90 psi pump and a pretty large jet.The ratio to mix with metanol is the tricky part but once you have the combination it works well. As for the tunning, your absolutly correct, If you try to tune this against A/F ratio you will probably blow it up. Need to be a bit more experenced that that. But Here it is for anyone who is willing to push the envelope for the sake of big horspower. I hope that sheds

Awesome work. I like your choice of Nitropropane over Nitromethane, less power but less chance of detonation. I'm always interested in finding new ways to expand NSX performance and you guys just did . BIG CONGRATS!!!

Best Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
NetViper said:
LOL

I am curious to see what your DYNO would like like without this "super juice".

I would guess at about 650RWHP and still upwards of 480-580ft.lbs. of torque.

Which would make it still a monster and still faster than a lot of anything on the road. The rear eand would still step out at 60-80mph, if it was enticed. It will still eat up 0-60 in 4 seconds or less, depending on gearing.
Put a short gear trans in the car and wide 17inch tires or 16 inch tires and it will be a rocket... AMHIK?

len3.8 said:
I would guess at about 650RWHP and still upwards of 480-580ft.lbs. of torque.

Which would make it still a monster and still faster than a lot of anything on the road. The rear eand would still step out at 60-80mph, if it was enticed. It will still eat up 0-60 in 4 seconds or less, depending on gearing.
Put a short gear trans in the car and wide 17inch tires or 16 inch tires and it will be a rocket... AMHIK?

I meant what it would loook like at under 4000 RPM. I would imagine WAY different. But I agree with everything else. I would guess 0-60 in mid 3's if he can hook up. I think think a veyron will take it though. :)

I remember hearing the same song and dance when we pushed the BBSC envelope, and now we did it with a turbo. Anyone calling BS ther ewillbe a few after NSXPO that will have taken a ride in the car, ask them. If you want to call BS please do so to my face and we can discuss it. I have no reason or nothing to gain by lying about NOS give me a fricken break.

My hats of to Frank and Paul for the tuning and for putting up with all the nay sayers on here. See you girls later I have to go make some noise in Orlando.

Armando

Last edited:
MiamieNeSeX said:
I remember hearing the same song and dance when we pushed the BBSC envelope, and now we did it with a turbo. Anyone calling BS ther ewillbe a few after NSXPO that will have taken a ride in the car, ask them. If you want to call BS please do so to my face and we can discuss it. I have no reason or nothing to gain by lying about NOS give me a fricken break.

My hats of to Frank for the tuning and for putting up with all the nay sayers on here. See you girls later I have to go make some noise in Orlando.

Armando

Hey Armando,

No BS accusations or nay sayers here. Just wanting some clarification on the low end torque, which Frank just gave. It's all cool. Have a great time at NSXPO with your awesome ride. I'm sure there will be many white knuckle reports from those lucky enough to get a ride. Please accept my belated but enthusiastic CONGRATS!

Best Regards,

Danny

Danny, Jason

No worries guys I just wanted to give you guys a heads up thats all. Fastrax is a very nice guy and very knowledgeable.

So yeah I am calling BS on all the fast turbo charged cars.
Therefore you must take me for a ride in it so I can confirm its not BS. :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue: :wink:

So who wants to give me a ride first? Danny? :biggrin:

ediddynsx said:
Danny, Jason

No worries guys I just wanted to give you guys a heads up thats all. Fastrax is a very nice guy and very knowledgeable.

So yeah I am calling BS on all the fast turbo charged cars.
Therefore you must take me for a ride in it so I can confirm its not BS. :biggrin::biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue: :wink:

So who wants to give me a ride first? Danny? :biggrin:

Ed,

No BS here, and don't be a pussy like Jason:biggrin: , just drive it. Jason I'll be down after SEMA. Somehow, being a passenger is MUCH more intimidating than driving it.

Regards,

Danny

MiamieNeSeX said:
If you want to call BS please do so to my face and we can discuss it.
Armando,
It is not groundbreaking achievement if no one have questions. In a way it is even more of a compliment depending on how you take it.

There is no question about the peak #s, but wow that low end. Simply "unbelievable". This can be accepted as praise.

Guys, this is a great thing for all who desire to push the envelope to the max, the most power, the most torque. Look non of us were born with the all the answers, we learn them along the way. Lord knows I have alot of people to thank for helping me get to where I am. I guess all I am saying keep striving for more, because that is what has gotten us were we are today. I am by
no means the guy with all the answers, but if there is anything I can help out with I would be more than happy to help.
Frank Smith
Smith Speed
Formally South Florida Performance
[email protected]:smile:

Sspeed said:
Guys, this is a great thing for all who desire to push the envelope to the max, the most power, the most torque. Look non of us were born with the all the answers, we learn them along the way. Lord knows I have alot of people to thank for helping me get to where I am. I guess all I am saying keep striving for more, because that is what has gotten us were we are today. I am by
no means the guy with all the answers, but if there is anything I can help out with I would be more than happy to help.
Frank Smith
Smith Speed
Formally South Florida Performance
[email protected]:smile:

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the community. Thank you for your efforts and willingness to share. Likewise, any questions you may have, feel free to ask on the forum or in private. There is a wealth of information, some hype, but mostly good. Good luck with all your endeavors.

Best Regards,

Danny

Let me be the second to officially welcome you. Your work is just amazing.

It is amazing to me how far the turbo options for the NSX have grown in the last year.

Back