New Forced Induction, New Numbers

MiamieNeSeX said:
There is still plenty of HP/TQ to be had from this motor, it is built to hold more tha 20lbs of boost, we also have 1200 rpm we never used, add some race fuel and we would be well into the 800/600 range. But even for me what we have is enough.

:)

Armando

I would like to see some 1/4 times with that bad boy. Must be awesome -- assuming you can get traction! :)

I saw Danny's car did 127MPH in the 1/4.

Here is the turbo before we had it polished
big_turbo.jpg

A quick update:

Car now has about 1800 miles since the build. Under hard acceleration, the rear of the car squats hard and the car lunges forward and to the left a bit. I wil say its due to the tq. Car is quieter at idle and cruise than stock,under hard acceleration it sounds closer to a high performance bike in the hugher rpm ranges. Absolutly ZERO issues, drivability is like stock IAT are +/- 20 degress F. over ambient under load. Seems the methanol is doing its job as is the aftercooler.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
A quick update:

Car now has about 1800 miles since the build. Under hard acceleration, the rear of the car squats hard and the car lunges forward and to the left a bit. I wil say its due to the tq. Car is quieter at idle and cruise than stock,under hard acceleration it sounds closer to a high performance bike in the hugher rpm ranges. Absolutly ZERO issues, drivability is like stock IAT are +/- 20 degress F. over ambient under load. Seems the methanol is doing its job as is the aftercooler.

Armando

Awesome. Is that still at 700+ HP or have you detuned her?

MiamieNeSeX said:
A quick update:

Armando

What rear and gearing do you have Armando?

lowellhigh79 said:
Sspeed,

I'm familiar with alternate forms of fuel, including methanol (AFR 6:1) and nitro methane (AFR 1.7:1). If you noticed, I kept referring to "some form of additional oxygen supplementation" in my first post. 2000 rpm without boost in a 3.0 V6 just does not have enough air to support 310 ft-lbs by itself, no matter how much fuel, methane, and timing you throw at it. Again, I'm not questioning your overall achievements. However, Oxygen supplementation is Oxygen supplementation, whether it is NOS, nitro methane or anything else. I eventually referred to it as NOS because that is the form most people are familiar with and can grasp the concept of per-packaged O2 in the fuel mix. If it is Nitro methane, anyone wanting to try this should be aware it can become expensive and dangerous to handle, and can blow up your motor if done without prudent tuning and goals. Furthermore, methanol will require a larger fuel delivery system. A hardcore enthusiast like Armando will gladly make the effort to keep brewing and using the "mix". However, what is the capability of the setup without the "mix”? That is the information that will best serve this community.

I congratulate you on your effort. Your numbers are ground breaking and I enthusiastically applaud your willingness to try new and alternate methods to expand the envelope of NSX street performance.

Best Regards,

Danny

$5000.00 cash to anyone that finds anything other than methanol/distilled water in my injection system. Another $5000.00 cash to anyone that finds NOShit in my car.

Armando

BioBanker said:
But a little 1000 shot of NOS would fix that lag up no problem.

Armando - I hope you did not interpret this as me suggesting you have NOS in your car. I believe you when you say you do not.

It must be just awesome. When I read your descriptive posts, I feel like doing some more to my car.

Keep going. 2000HP right around the corner.

MiamieNeSeX said:
$5000.00 cash to anyone that finds anything other than methanol/distilled water in my injection system. Another $5000.00 cash to anyone that finds NOShit in my car.

Armando

Armando,

I don't doubt you won't have anything other than methanol and distilled water right now. Considering the size of your turbo, 714 peak hp is reasonable. Frank confirmed in a earlier post that nitropropane was used in your mix to make 255 ft-lbs @ 1900 rpm and off boost on your current NSX setup. No need for bets here.

Best Regards,

Danny

lowellhigh79 said:
Armando,

I don't doubt you won't have anything other than methanol and distilled water right now. Considering the size of your turbo, 714 peak hp is reasonable. Frank confirmed in a earlier post that nitropropane was used in your mix to make 255 ft-lbs @ 1900 rpm and off boost on your current NSX setup. No need for bets here.

Best Regards,

Danny

Agreed, why are we betting. You used propane. I'll be the first to welcome you into propane use. We should put a disclaimer out though to those that attempt this. Propane does not tune the same as gas when talking A/F ratio, so do your research before you do this type of injection, there is alot of info out there on it, as this is no new thing. Lets not loose the beauty of this post and send the glory back to Armondo. AMAZING NUMBERS BUD!! keep up the good work.

Congrats!

J. R.

lowellhigh79 said:
Armando,

Best Regards,

Danny

I think Frank needs to edit his post then, as nothing other than methanol has ever been used on my car.

Armando

Sspeed said:
Hey Danny,
Very close we use nitropropane, Not as expensive or as dangerous, and is not supposed to cause cancer. As for the deliver system it has a 90 psi pump and a pretty large jet.The ratio to mix with metanol is the tricky part but once you have the combination it works well. As for the tunning, your absolutly correct, If you try to tune this against A/F ratio you will probably blow it up. Need to be a bit more experenced that that. But Here it is for anyone who is willing to push the envelope for the sake of big horspower. I hope that sheds
light on the whole thing. :cool:

???

MiamieNeSeX said:
He must have referenced what his shop uses,but it was definatly not in my car.

Armando

Armando,

Not sure where you are going with this but this issue was collegially put to rest a few months ago. I'm not trying to discredit you but either you don't know what's going on with your car or you're pulling a Barry Bonds on the rest of this community. 300 ft lbs at 2800 rpm on less than 0.5 psi of boost just is not possible on gas, air, methanol and water alone.

Regards,

Danny

If you want to keep the fact that you use propane injection a secret, probly not a good idea to post it on a public forum with a dyno sheet showing crazy torque numbers at .5 pounds of boost.

Best advice to keeping your secret. Let the thread die, and keep that dyno plot to yourself. Everyone wants to be nice and play friendly, but with so much BS being thrown around on car forums these days people are quick to raise the BS flag. BUT WHO CARES what you used, the numbers still speak for themselfs. Incredible.

J. R.

lowellhigh79 said:
Armando,

Not sure where you are going with this but this issue was collegially put to rest a few months ago. I'm not trying to discredit you but either you don't know what's going on with your car or you're pulling a Barry Bonds on the rest of this community. 300 ft lbs at 2800 rpm on less than 0.5 psi of boost just is not possible on gas, air, methanol and water alone.

Regards,

Danny

To say that I dont know what is going on with my car is pretty far off base, and excuse me if im not intelligent enough to catch the Barry Bonds reference. "we" didnt settle an issue as there was never an issue, I have never or will ever give flase info regarding any work we do to "My" car. As for the builder he knows his motors and knows how to tune them (the end results speak for themselves), Im guessing he told you what you wanted to hear and didnt tell you everything that he did to the rest of the motor,thats his perogative. If I would have used nitropropane I would have said I did and I would be still using it. Please don't insult me again by trying to suggest I doctored the numbers or changed something after the fact, again, I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on this board. I am probably one of the few on here who tells it like it is 100% of the time.

Armando

Flexer said:
If you want to keep the fact that you use propane injection a secret, probly not a good idea to post it on a public forum with a dyno sheet showing crazy torque numbers at .5 pounds of boost.

If I wanted to keep anything a secret i would not have posted at all.
Is it crazy because most haven't been able to do it?

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
If I wanted to keep anything a secret i would not have posted at all.
Is it crazy because most haven't been able to do it?

Armando

Yes, and by most do you mean every tuner out there? I'm sure professional drag racers running NSX motors would love to know how you did it (300+ ft-lbs torque OFF BOOST at 2800 rpm on ANY 3.x liter fi'd motor) without any form of oxygen supplementation. These torque numbers are possible in N.A. big blocks over 6.0 liter at these low rpms but not in a 3.x liter motors (your setup is essentially NA at 2800 rpm) BTW, Methanol does not give you any extra O2. It is quite silly that we are having to point this out.

Regards,

Danny

lowellhigh79 said:
Yes, and by most do you mean every tuner out there? I'm sure professional drag racers running NSX motors would love to know how you did it (300+ ft-lbs torque OFF BOOST at 2800 rpm on ANY 3.x liter fi'd motor) without any form of oxygen supplementation. These torque numbers are possible in N.A. big blocks over 6.0 liter at these low rpms but not in a 3.x liter motors (your setup is essentially NA at 2800 rpm) BTW, Methanol does not give you any extra O2. It is quite silly that we are having to point this out.

Regards,

Danny

Im curious as to what dyno you are looking at. Mine at 2800 rpm shows about 240 ft lbs of tq. But if it lets you sleep better thinking I used nitropropane of even NOS, then knock yourslef out.

Armando

Back