New Forced Induction, New Numbers

lowellhigh79 said:
Ed,

No BS here, and don't be a pussy like Jason:biggrin: , just drive it. Jason I'll be down after SEMA. Somehow, being a passenger is MUCH more intimidating than driving it.

Regards,

Danny

Danny,

Hehe I think me and Jason both agree riding in it will be good enough. ;)
I wouldn't be very comfortable driving a 300k+ car that is not mines.
We'll make sure the handy cam is ready for the ride and a change of boxers. :biggrin:

But seriously congrats to all the guys like Danny, Armando, Factor X and others for representing for our cars. Even to the people with superchargers and N/A builds. :smile:

Flexer said:
Your kiding? You had a conquest.....I have a 1988 Conquest TSI I am parting out right now. I had a 16G, then a super 16G then went to a 18G then 19c. I went from normal TBI all the way to a Magna set-up. Boy that was a fun car. What a torque moster that 4-banger was.

Anway, to answer you question, yes I run a small turbo on the S2000. It is a GT30/71R. Good for about 450 whp but it is amazing how fast it spools. Car is a hoot to drive. I owe Lovefab for that! Anyway, just thought I would say hi to another Conquest Starion owner.

J. R.

Wow never thought I would see another owner on here would of own one. Its a fun car but things kept breaking on me and everything had to be custom made there wasn't really anything made for me. I spent probably close to $15k spending on performance and replace parts. I had a MPI on it and yes you're right it was a torque monster. I never took it to the dyno. I had some few problems with it and got sick of replacing stuff that breaks. I thought I would include couple pics and a link of me doing Ice racing http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4cc2012b-1b0d-4a1c-9017-980c014ea4b1.htm in the video was my old setup with a stock cam and T70 turbo at 14psi. Sorry if I shouldn't post it but figure I saw another starquest used to be owner.

Attachments

• 100_9402.jpg
    100_9402.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 285699035_l.jpg
    285699035_l.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 176
lowellhigh79 said:
Somehow, being a passenger is MUCH more intimidating than driving it.
That is fine, I can deal with that, as long as my right foot doesn't have to touch the gas pedal, then I can just pretending I am riding in a jet.:cool:

I prefer test driving non FI NA NSX (NA2 & NA1), then hop back onto my NSX immediately afterwards. That feeling is hard to describe.:biggrin:

I will get the opposite effect if I drive any fast turbo nsx then hop back onto my NSX. I am sure my right foot will be very very unhappy.:frown: Probably lead to a serious power addiction.

nsxsupra said:
I will get the opposite effect if I drive any fast turbo nsx then hop back onto my NSX. I am sure my right foot will be very very unhappy.:frown: Probably lead to a serious power addiction.

That is probably a good idea.

nsxsupra said:
That is fine, I can deal with that, as long as my right foot doesn't have to touch the gas pedal, then I can just pretending I am riding in a jet.:cool:

I prefer test driving non FI NA NSX (NA2 & NA1), then hop back onto my NSX immediately afterwards. That feeling is hard to describe.:biggrin:

Jason, Ed,

You guys are too funny. Maybe you'll change your minds next week:wink: . Meanwhile, let's return this brief hijack back to Aramando and Frank. Have fun guys.

Peace Out!

Danny

900 miles later the only hiccup was a broken compressor wire (fixed thanks Mark Basch) and a broken alternator (thanks to Clem for having a spare in his trunk and Nabil for doing some wrenching on Fantasy of Flight's tarmac.

NSXPO20064054.jpg

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
900 miles later the only hiccup was a broken compressor wire (fixed thanks Mark Basch) and a broken alternator (thanks to Clem for having a spare in his trunk and Nabil for doing some wrenching on Fantasy of Flight's tarmac.

Armando

I have heard great things about your car, and another turbo with similar power.

Congrats again. Are you going to keep going for more power or de-tune it for better reliability? (not that it isn't reliable now) Or leave as is?

NetViper said:
I have heard great things about your car, and another turbo with similar power.

Congrats again. Are you going to keep going for more power or de-tune it for better reliability? (not that it isn't reliable now) Or leave as is?

We will be fixing the wastegate issue and redynoing the car to 8400 rpm should net us close to 800 rwhp. After that unless I remove 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear from the tranny as they are pretty much useless, we will dial down the boost and keep the car at around 500 to 550 rwhp.

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
We will be fixing the wastegate issue and redynoing the car to 8400 rpm should net us close to 800 rwhp. After that unless I remove 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear from the tranny as they are pretty much useless, we will dial down the boost and keep the car at around 500 to 550 rwhp.

Armando

Ahh just don't step on it too much til you get in fourth than floor it :biggrin:

Btw, 800rwhp on pump:eek: ?

MiamieNeSeX said:
I agree Bob. Will we see you at Expo?

Armando
Armando, Can / will the methanol /H2O injection benefit my set -up w/ a Basch SC running 6lb of boost. I also am going to purchase an after cooler set-up from Mark. Can you increase boost w/ that w/ a stock internal engine? Or do I expect an increase in HP from a denser charge? Mark thought your car was the fastest he has ever driven ! Allen

gumdoc77 said:
Armando, Can / will the methanol /H2O injection benefit my set -up w/ a Basch SC running 6lb of boost.

Anytime you can pump colder air into any motor said motor will be much happier.

gumdoc77 said:
I also am going to purchase an after cooler set-up from Mark. Can you increase boost w/ that w/ a stock internal engine?

You WILL have to incease the boost to compensate for the loss in boost while going thru your new cooler.

gumdoc77 said:
Mark thought your car was the fastest he has ever driven ! Allen

I think his exact words were "Oh Shit" when he got out of the car. :)

Armando

Last edited:
The whole thing is just insane.

The most amazing this is that you pulled it all off without any hoopola, any leak of what you were working on; without even a whiff of anything.

MiamieNeSeX said:
I remember hearing the same song and dance when we pushed the BBSC envelope, and now we did it with a turbo.

I'm working on a blower spun via a hamster wheel and 8 crystal-meth addicted hamsters. My tuner is currently tweaking the meth to fur ratio. I'm sure once I unleash it onto the street I'll go through a similar song and dance. :)

BioBanker said:
The whole thing is just insane.

The most amazing this is that you pulled it all off without any hoopola, any leak of what you were working on; without even a whiff of anything.

Although it was fairly quiet, as far as I remember, he did mention it before. Just after he dynoed his last setup and made some nice numbers, he said it's coming off, being sold, and being replaced with a turbo setup. All this after his motor build I think?

That's funny, I got the same numbers on my car. Stock '91 NSX. The only mod I have is a Forced Induction Adobe Photoshop CS2.:biggrin: :biggrin:

TurboDyno005CS2.jpg

Joking aside, Those are some pretty impressive numbers. Freakin craaaaaazzzzy.:eek: :eek:

Last edited:
jdnsx said:
Well he definitely has more than 400 hp and 300ftlbs of torque....Ask me how I know.:frown:

How do you know?:biggrin:

len3.8 said:
Well Hell. I guess I will not post my Dyno...:eek:
It would be hit with the same type of scrutiny...
Maybe if you blew the motor up Armando.. Then you can get some love...:biggrin:
So do you have another transmission on standby?
Let me know how the runoff goes Between you and Ben B... He is down there with big HP...

I'll let Ben answer you :)

Armando

Armando I guess if you were here were we get 99 RON at the local supermarket petrol station, your numbers will be even higher.

Great effort on your part and outstanding numbers.

Cheers,

AR

AR99NSX said:
Armando I guess if you were here were we get 99 RON at the local supermarket petrol station, your numbers will be even higher.

Great effort on your part and outstanding numbers.

Cheers,

AR

There is still plenty of HP/TQ to be had from this motor, it is built to hold more tha 20lbs of boost, we also have 1200 rpm we never used, add some race fuel and we would be well into the 800/600 range. But even for me what we have is enough.

:)

Armando

Back