• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Longest member without an NSX - finally gets one!

the wonderful thing about old nsx is there is no "bad year" just bad ownership/deferred maintenance..
Yup I like to buy the owner first, then the car. Has served me well.

Lots of "bad owners" out there that I don't want to buy from :)

Frank of course was the perfect owner

Thats my car 4th NSX from the left in pic #5413 GPW NA1! Thank you Farasat and Chase and anyone else involved in organizing this event. You are the unsung heroes of my NSX world. I havent had this much fun behind the steering wheel of a car in many years.

Thats my car 4th NSX from the left in pic #5413 GPW NA1! Thank you Farasat and Chase and anyone else involved in organizing this event. You are the unsung heroes of my NSX world. I havent had this much fun behind the steering wheel of a car in many years.
Anytime!

Plz watch out for:

1) Recap email.

2)NSX WestFest 2024 Survey.

Both were sent about an hour ago.

beautiful car

i didnt get a chance to formally introduce myself

I wish I had realized you were the one who bought that car...would have introduced myself. I took the group photo on Saturday night, so, in addition to you already knowing my Prime handle, you probably have figured out who I was at the event.

Funny that I didn't know the former owner is known as Frank until you posted about this on Facebook (and Patty replied). I've only known him as Klaus...and he used to post here using the handle clausibaus. I was glad I got to talk to him during WestFest since he and his wife were both on my very first NSX drive back in June, 2000. Here's a rolling shot of his your car from 2010.

BTW, I think we have the same floor in our garages...

Last edited:
I wish I had realized you were the one who bought that car...would have introduced myself. I took the group photo on Saturday night, so, in addition to you already knowing my Prime handle, you probably have figured out who I was at the event.

Funny that I didn't know the former owner is known as Frank until you posted about this on Facebook (and Patty replied). I've only known him as Klaus...and he used to post here using the handle clausibaus. I was glad I got to talk to him during WestFest since he and his wife were both on my very first NSX drive back in June, 2000. Here's a rolling shot of his your car from 2010.

BTW, I think we have the same floor in our garages...
Hi there,

Yeah we chatted a bit with you, but I didn't put together you were AKIRA as well! Small world indeed. I was asking you about your tires.

Loved the rolling shot. I am keeping the history of the car all in one place. He has been amazing, and loved seeing him come down to hang out with us.

I used to have blood red garage epoxy in an old house. After 15 years got tired of it, mixed it up.

https://www.nsxprime.com/members/clausibaus.5146/ 2012 was the last time he posted using that.

https://www.nsxprime.com/members/frankcgrote.40801/ this is his new account.

Back