• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Forced Induction, New Numbers

Wow Armando, Danny, Factor X, JC's car from AEM and a few others are running some insane hp. Congrats I hope your cars chasis will not flex like a pretzel. Please post videos of some runs after you break it in. :smile:

Congrats again Armando you make us proud! :wink:

NSXAC said:
I just bought my first 2001 NSX-T. any sugestions as to what should be a must first MOD?

Thsi is the wrong thread for a newbie but I suggest this :)

rubberqueen-cup-holder.jpg

Armando

OMG!!!!! my heartiest congratulations! The heads must be breathing very well to move that amount of air at only 13 psi!

MiamieNeSeX said:
Thsi is the wrong thread for a newbie but I suggest this :)

rubberqueen-cup-holder.jpg

Armando

If this thing will make my car faster I'm buying one before my drive to NSXPO. :biggrin:

Wow, what else can you say. Amazing #'s for sure.
Congrats on them for sure Armando. The bar has been set once again.
I look forward to seeing it in a few days.

MiamieNeSeX said:
I agree Bob. Will we see you at Expo?

Armando

It is with "GREAT REGRET" I must inform you I will not be attending.:frown:

I have just changed jobs and taken on a "Train Wreak" of a project; I deeply regret I will not get to see your awesome car and meet you and the other great members of the NSX Club of America I have corresponded with through Prime. I hope you will be able to make NSXPO in Ohio in 07; I do plan on being at that NSXPO no matter what.

The best of luck with your car; you have made the "FI Brotherhood" PROUD by proving our motto: "More is never Enough" :wink: :biggrin:

MiamieNeSeX said:
Garrett Turbo, Turbonetics water to air intercooler,44 mmTial Waste gate 50mm Tial blowoff valve,Methanol injection AEM, tuning tuning tuning. Oh yeah one more thing
empty_wallet.jpg

Armando

What about the motor?..what was done to make it handle/produce that HP/TQ?

WTF!!! Did you get hold of a 1987 Williams Honda RA167 1.5L Twin Turbo V6? If you did, why did you detune from 1500hp down to 714hp?

Holly shit, at no boost you are already at 255hp:eek: Dude, that's how the F1 Engine is like!!! Does your car idle at 7000RPM?

Damn!!! Dude, take that engine and stick into a 1989 Civic hatchback, you will have the fast Honda in the world!!!:biggrin: :eek:

Vancehu said:
WTF!!! Did you get hold of a 1987 Williams Honda RA167 1.5L Twin Turbo V6? If you did, why did you detune from 1500hp down to 714hp?

Holly shit, at no boost you are already at 255hp:eek: Dude, that's how the F1 Engine is like!!! Does your car idle at 7000RPM?

Damn!!! Dude, take that engine and stick into a 1989 Civic hatchback, you will have the fast Honda in the world!!!:biggrin: :eek:

Cough! NOS Cough!
or
Cough! V8 Cough!

Love the torque curve
Congrats Armando!

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
What are the specs on the turbo if you don't mind shearing?

It looks like you run 10psi wastegate or so, and big a$$ turbine, it must be at list a/r .70 cold to a/r 1.13 hot. You get massive turbo lag but then kick in the a$$ like in supras. This could be fun but I hope some what controllable. An the next weakest link is …… the tranny? I'm sure low comp pistons 9:1 with increased displasement maybe ? And 750cc injectors or bigger ?

For the guys that can only dream about it give us some specs on the build.

Good Job !!!

DAAAAAAYYYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!
That is just plain sick....
That is what I am talking about...

very nice. keep up the great work.

can we get a few pictures of the exhaust piping setup? also whats done with the engine? stroked, what size, pistons, rods , cams(duration/lift), compression, injector size. did you guys do a vtec-less system? over sized valves? port polish? (by how much). Also with meth injections, whats the percentage meth/water? how much are you injecting? Any numbers for with out meth/water injection and with it?

love the numbers, want to know more about the hardware :biggrin:

also what did you guys change from the first to the second dyno chart? big jump in torque.

regards

RON98 said:
also what did you guys change from the first to the second dyno chart? big jump in torque.

regards
First graph is boost, second is torque

Nice numbers, but that is what you get with a BIG ASS TURBO. Which it appears you have. Looks like you don't see full boost till 5,200-5,500. That only leaves 3 grand of fun to be had. It works for some people and not for others. My S2000 makes full boost by 3400 rpm and I get to go all the way to 9100. That is 5,700 of fun area and I will take that ALL DAY LONG instead of having a dyno queen. AREA UNDER THE CURVE = Drivable street car. And 402@11 psi is fine by me. :)

But then again no boost = 255 whp??? I think not!!! Something is fishy here.

Can't wait to hear more about your set-up. VERY IMPRESSIVE! VERY EXCITING!!!!

J. R.

Back