Why take a NSX over a SupraTT?

Yes, fit and finish ARE DIFFERENT because the NSX is TWICE 2X the MONEY! NSX=$80,000 Supra=$40,000

if you buy a house thats $1,000,000 and it is compairable to one that is $500,000. The $500,000 house is a pretty good purchase

im not sure how we just completely ignore the 2X cost factor. Im sure for an additional $40,000, toyota could have hand wrapped the whole car interior and exterior with leather. :tongue:

Happy motoring.

DIe THreAD DIE!

This thread will never end.....

Ron, you bring up good points since you're also an owner of both cars. I like both cars but on a note of build quality etc... I had ZERO problems with my Supra's "cheap" interior. In my NSX however...climate control failed (common problem), windows failed (common problem), Bose amp failed (common problem), cracked dash (common problem), and bubbling center panel...

Don't get me wrong, I love both cars equally and the NSX tops the Supra in many other categories...they're both entirely different cars good for entirely different purposes.

All I am doing is probably repeating what several people have already said but I think I am a semi expert in both cars.

I have owned 4 Supras and now am on my 2nd NSX.

Of course the Supras have incredible power potential and a bullet proof motor. They maintain there value probably better than any japanese sports car. In the future they will probably be remembered for the 2JZ motor...As far as looks...the Supra comes in 3rd place as far as the Japanese sports cars...NSX 1st, RX7 2nd (I have owned 8 of those) and then the Supra.

I do have to admit that I got just as many looks in my Supras as I have in the NSXs.

Now the NSX is the Japanese exotic with incredible looks. It handling is fantastic. I am hoping very shortly I will be able to post that it can also hold it's own at the drag strip...

Thats one fine NSX!

nsxsupratino.jpg
[/IMG]

Jeesh thats a beautiful color Supra.

I own a 2002 SC Nsx, and am in the process of trying to buy a single turbo 97 Supra.

I plan on keeping the Nsx though, because its just that unique, and irreplaceable.

:biggrin:

Heres a video showing the Supra TT vs RX-7 vs NSX Manual vs NSX Auto vs Porsche 911 vs MR2 vs Skyline GT-R Vspec.

This should clear up the argument about the Supras handling. This is also on the Tsukuba a track that favors small and nimble cars. NSX shouldnt have a problem right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKvF08Gt8N4

I guess the RX-7 and the MR2 are the worst cars ever made then...

I can't believe the NSX-T auto finished ahead of the RX-7...that's BM for you.

I didn't see how that track would particularly favor small & nimble cars...the MR2 was the smallest and nimblest.

A single BM video with who knows-san driving doesn't prove the Supra is the greatest.

I guess the RX-7 and the MR2 are the worst cars ever made then...

I can't believe the NSX-T auto finished ahead of the RX-7...that's BM for you.

I didn't see how that track would particularly favor small & nimble cars...the MR2 was the smallest and nimblest.

A single BM video with who knows-san driving doesn't prove the Supra is the greatest.
Lol that video was never to prove the Supra as being the greatest I was just showing the handling capabilities. There's another video showing the Type R NSX destroying the Supra and keeping pace with a N1 GT-R. I just wanted to simply show that Supra can indeed handle and it was one of its strongest points for all generations.

Jeesh thats a beautiful color Supra.

I own a 2002 SC Nsx, and am in the process of trying to buy a single turbo 97 Supra.

I plan on keeping the Nsx though, because its just that unique, and irreplaceable.

:biggrin:

the color of that supra is RSP (Royal Saphire Pearl), verrrrrrrrry rare!

How do you feel about your NSX now? :biggrin:

Drove the NSX today and had too many people wanting to race...350z was tailing me.

I think overall the movie makes them want to race no matter what car they are in!!

:smile:

Well!
If GOD would like to smokes the bikes. He drives the SUPRA

supramy012.jpg

If GOD would like to cruise on sunny day. He takes the NSX and leave the Viper home :)

viperandnsx003.jpg

Even next to my buddy's Viper. I see my NSX is much sexier car :)

Last edited:
Well!
If GOD would like to smokes the bikes. He drives the SUPRA

supramy012.jpg

If GOD would like to cruise on sunny day. He takes the NSX and leave the Viper home :)

viperandnsx003.jpg

Even next to my buddy's Viper. I see my NSX is much sexier car :)

Nice Supra, in fact nice garage :-) But if GOD was caught at a stop light by a bike with the Supra, he might be in trouble... haha

^^ Hahaha. Its all depend on the biker. Most of them cant keep the wheel on the ground in first gear out of the hole.

^^ HAHA. My car doesnt has BBK like your. Give me couple of months i have the wheels on the market. Your still an original :).

Interesting discussion here. I have owned both and can tell by many of the responses here that many have NOT. I would expect nothing less than this site to be NSX bias but many of you are selling the Supra considerably short. Here is a comparison from someone who has owned both.

The Supra is a beast that can be driven very fast by practically anyone. It has superior brakes an NSX, superior power to an NSX and imo handled just as well if not more predictably than an NSX. Not to mention it cost considerably less (back then). Thats why i bought a Supra many years before i bought an NSX. I was younger and wanted to win races. I didn't care how much a car cost, i just cared which car was the fastest and in my Supra it was me 99% of the time.:wink:

I loved owning my TT 94 Supra before that stupid Fast & Furious movie ruined the car for me. I never met a competitor on the highway that didn't wish they hadn't challenged me. My Supra would even make Viper owners crap their pants. It was a true man among boys when it came to the kind of racing i found myself involved in almost daily back then. I'm not just talking stop light to stop light either, my Supra was faster in and out of corners than cars considerably lighter and more expensive. I didn't have to spend money modding my Supra, i just wanted to, and i didn't have to spend much to get HUGE results.:biggrin:

Now the bad. That stupid F&F movie made every idiot in an import harass me to the point that i no longer wanted to own the car. I was also frequently targeted by the cops and was treated like a criminal for minor traffic offenses. The car attracted all of the wrong kind of attention and as i got older i decided i needed to move on to something more mature.

I decided to buy an NSX years later because i have always loved 90's Japanese sports cars and the NSX is the king of them all imo. Prices finally reached a point were i felt it was worth buying one. No offense to anyone here but the NSX is not a $50,000+ car imo. I don't drive like an idiot anymore but i wouldn't race a modified civic in my NSX for fear of getting smoked. The NSX is a great date car when i want to take my wife out for a nice dinner, it always gets valeted out front because the design in timeless and i keep mine clean. It attracts some attention but not an annoying amount.

In my Supra i got ricer flybys and stop light engine revs, in my NSX i get thumbs up and camera phone snaps. They are too very different types of cars and evoke very different responses from people.

All of that said i would like to own a Supra again some day. The same way that middle aged men by classic Corvettes i will probably also some day buy another TT Supra.

I really don't drive my NSX fast because its not, my Supra was and i don't need that kind of trouble right now.

Anyone underselling the Supra as a true sports car is a fool who hasn't owned one. It is very much a very capable competitor in any form of racing and far superior in many others.

The NSX looks great at nominal speeds and in parking lots, the Supra only looks good when its many car lengths in front of the car that thought it could keep up. I would like to own both again for these very different reasons.

The NSX is a great date car when i want to take my wife out for a nice dinner, it always gets valeted out front because the design in timeless and i keep mine clean. It attracts some attention but not an annoying amount.

In my Supra i got ricer flybys and stop light engine revs, in my NSX i get thumbs up and camera phone snaps. They are too very different types of cars and evoke very different responses from people.

I really don't drive my NSX fast because its not, my Supra was and i don't need that kind of trouble right now.

Anyone underselling the Supra as a true sports car is a fool who hasn't owned one. It is very much a very capable competitor in any form of racing and far superior in many others.

The NSX looks great at nominal speeds and in parking lots, the Supra only looks good when its many car lengths in front of the car that thought it could keep up. I would like to own both again for these very different reasons.

I think that was a very good post. Very good points.
IMO, I'm not in a dragster. I'm not drag racing on the roads, I'm on the expressway, I'm on back country roads. I'm parking in front of nice restaurants and clubs, taking my girl out... and purely from a "looks" perspective, the NSX wins hands down. I'm not really concerned how fast a beefed up Supra is. People that don't know shit about cars, would see the Supra sitting there and probably not give it a second look. The NSX on the other hand, someone would know it's a special car just by the design.
The Supra probably wouldn't look any different from a Tiburon by someone that didn't know.

random question... if i had a 380-400whp turbo nsx. How fast of a supra do you think the nsx could beat? ive always wondered this

Back