Why take a NSX over a SupraTT?

Thats a beauty. With each year, there are fewer and fewer actual Supras left really. Bens car is, no exaggeration, one of a *very rare* breed.

The problem is such an epidemic, its hard to say what a Supra even is anymore. I think that is the reason you see such insanity on threads like this. No one even knows what a stock Supra TT is. It isnt considered relevant by anyone (which is idiotic) Everyones "experience" with the Supra is based on cars that were probably totaled and completely rebuilt and dont remotely resemble what Toyota sold with the exception of the engine block (which is all these "enthusiasts" seem to fetishize about the car since they change literally everything else)

The *stock* Supra, the one Toyota actually built and sold and not the frankenstein projects that now make up 80+% of the Supra population, was a really capable car but was just less visceral than an NSX.

Wow, my sentiments exactly. Few people realize how rare the stock Supra is these days, let alone the stock Quicksilver TT. I frequently get comments, even from longtime Supra enthusiasts that it's the first Quicksilver TT they've ever seen. Thus, stock cars are harder to find these days, and are worth more than the modified ones. Most Supras you see today are either beat up, wrecked, modified to heck, or a combination of the three.

That said, my car is still for sale. It's a special car for a discerning buyer. Most Supra buyers are looking for a car that needs work, as they already plan on building it from the ground up with all sorts of crazy modifications. I'm willing to cut a deal if someone can make it happen before July. :)

Always loved the Supra, and it is one of those cars that has sentimental value. Sure, the styling is completely dated now and the interior may look old, but I will always love it.

I still remember going to the dealership with my parents when I was 9 to buy their Previa, and I saw a white Supra on one of those rotating platforms. Can you imagine what it's like for a 9 y/o to see that? That will always be a part of me.

Love the NSX, but I don't think I ever saw one as a kid (Acura was prob out of my parents price range at the time...hehehe).

When I have enough, and when I come across the right one, I will buy a Supra. Doesn't matter if there are new M3s, or even Ferraris that I can afford. It's just a sentimental itch I need to scratch.

Always loved Royal Sapphire Pearl and Black myself. :)

I don think there is a direct comparison between this two cars other than the both from japan .

I think of Supras as ford mustangs, not a lot of class. With some eceptions of course.
Plus like someone here said it already, in Canada people has imported a bunch right hand drive(POS) because they could not afforth the a clean local car and now that's has put a huge dent and "watered" down the market.

If I start seeing people bringing beat up RHD NSX's into Toronto , I would probably sell my car, before the market gets drag down with garbage cars.

yeah I have a 94TT Auto, only some slight mods, exhaust, FMIC,lip and spoiler, everything else is stock ( boosted to 18PSI of course) runs strong just looking for something different, I don't know what it is about getting older I just need a change... I'm selling mine right now ( mods this is not a ad just stating for reference that I'm looking to be a "PRIME OWNER":biggrin:

A friend of mine test drove my NSX and sold his 700BHP Supra for an NSX. He still keep the NSX until this day. Pictured was his Supra.

5772DSCN1202.jpg

5772DSCN1205.jpg

since i brought the tread back up i searched alot of info back on supra forums jeez those guys are a lot harsher on the nsx compared to supra debate LOL

i love both cars and wanna still own a bpu supra as a daily

Holy thread revival batman !!

The supra is like a sumo wrestler. The nsx is like a ninja.
3 Japanese cars I would love to own are nsx, skyline r34 and supra.

oh well said!

Wow...this is a really long thread. I guess there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said but here goes...

I've owned 2 6spd MKIV turbo Supras, one bone stock and one that started with BPU mods and eventually went single turbo. I've also owned 3 NSXs...one supercharged NA1, one bolt on NA1 with 02 conversion, and now an NA2 6spd with a turbo.

If I had it my way I'd have the Supra and the NSX in my garage. The Supra would have the 500-1000whp and the NSX would be all-motor with cams, worked head, higher compression, ITBs and attention to weight reduction. In fact, when I'm rich and famous one day (ha) I will have one each of the Japanese TT cars and an NSX and that will be my dream stable (plus a Gallardo Superleggera...have to).

Personally, I'd recommend owning them both in whatever order you want and see what you like. They've both depreciated as much as they are going to so you are safe buying one and then selling it later to get the other.

The reason I have an NSX now is simply because they provide the most enjoyment to me given the chance to own only one car at a time. The driving position, cockpit view, the exotic looks, awesome sound and decent power is a nice total package kind of thing. I loved my MKIV hardtop, especially with the single turbo and it was a comfy GT cruiser type of car but there is a little extra emotion and character that comes with the NSX. I've owned about 22 cars in the last 10 years and I've come back to the NSX several times because it's just nice to be in, nice to drive.

On the power note, with the Lovefab setup my current NSX sounds and pulls like a single Supra on pump gas boost. The Supra is more of a sure bet on reliability with that power and can make so much more without building the motor but a turbo NSX is so similar in acceleration behavior I think it is the best of both worlds. It's like having an NSX with the Supra motor swapped in and most average people who heard both cars accelerating and rode blindfolded in both cars wouldn't know the difference.

Last edited:
Wow...this is a really long thread. I guess there isn't much I can say that hasn't been said but here goes...

I've owned 2 6spd MKIV turbo Supras, one bone stock and one that started with BPU mods and eventually went single turbo. I've also owned 3 NSXs...one supercharged NA1, one bolt on NA1 with 02 conversion, and now an NA2 6spd with a turbo.

If I had it my way I'd have the Supra and the NSX in my garage. The Supra would have the 500-1000whp and the NSX would be all-motor with cams, worked head, higher compression, ITBs and attention to weight reduction. In fact, when I'm rich and famous one day (ha) I will have one each of the Japanese TT cars and an NSX and that will be my dream stable (plus a Gallardo Superleggera...have to).

Personally, I'd recommend owning them both in whatever order you want and see what you like. They've both depreciated as much as they are going to so you are safe buying one and then selling it later to get the other.

The reason I have an NSX now is simply because they provide the most enjoyment to me given the chance to own only one car at a time. The driving position, cockpit view, the exotic looks, awesome sound and decent power is a nice total package kind of thing. I loved my MKIV hardtop, especially with the single turbo and it was a comfy GT cruiser type of car but there is a little extra emotion and character that comes with the NSX. I've owned about 22 cars in the last 10 years and I've come back to the NSX several times because it's just nice to be in, nice to drive.

On the power note, with the Lovefab setup my current NSX sounds and pulls like a single Supra on pump gas boost. The Supra is more of a sure bet on reliability with that power and can make so much more without building the motor but a turbo NSX is so similar in acceleration behavior I think it is the best of both worlds. It's like having an NSX with the Supra motor swapped in and most average people who heard both cars accelerating and rode blindfolded in both cars wouldn't know the difference.

Accel junky

Thanks for the feedback. I have driven both nsx and supra with 600hp each and I can agree power delivery similarities. There is something about the nsx that draws your attention regardless of those who are brochure and magazine readers. It`s just to bad the nsx never came as a 2jz power car. All other areas of this car are already what has been mentioned.... Awesome!!!

Seating hight in my sc300 5spd (very similar to Supra) is like a lifted truck compared to my NSX-R suspension equipted NSX

Last edited:
Park an nsx next to a supra and stand back... couple of my people try to stick the nsx with the others example. 3000gt, supra, 300zx, rx7. Im sorry the nsx was not in there class, it was with the porsches, ferraris, etc.

That's why I got them all.:biggrin:

My_JDM_Collection.jpg

larrynsx: You sir, have my dream collection.

Back