Why take a NSX over a SupraTT?

I got a ride in an FD RX7 with cam'd LS6 down here in Corpus Christi the other day. Fastest I've ever been in a car in my life.

Having said that, the interior felt pretty cramped, even with no sunroof, and the interior materials were...lacking, even with the 94 interior in a 93. Part of the room issue had to do with the transmission tunnel being so high in the cabin, but that's to be expected with front engine, rear wheel drive. It drove beautifully, and the gauge display was unique if not practical.

You just really get spoiled by how nice the NSX is. At the time, yeah it was more expensive than some of its other Japanese counterparts, but they really put the money where it counts. So many people pass over the NSX's interior as being archaic, but go look at a 1991 Accord's interior, or even a Ferrari 355's interior, and compare.

LSx FD with some engine mods are pretty dam scary. I've been in one that was making 550rwhp and pulling 10's with slicks. All LS7 engine with cams.

I do agree that the FD tranny tunnel is high. Not sure if you noticed, but the passenger leg room is longer in the FD than NSX (and MKIV). The NSX is wider.

FD gauges are very easy to read. Tach is where it should be, in the center.

I still think the NSX has one of the nicest interiors with the 45 degree sloping door piece and center console.

well, i get all hot and bothered over this RE AMEMIYA kit...

all.jpg

These are better:

gallerymrttradesema05cars024jpgyv7.jpg

00.jpg

I love them both.

Have thought about adding a clean FD RX7 to my collection

If you are a car enthusiast, you not only buy a car... but also buy into the community. Go to Supraforums and compare it to NSX Prime, night and day difference.

So how are they like on Supraforums? Can't be as bad as S2ki or Honda-tech.

Former 8X Supra owner here and while the Supra is an amazing bulletproof platform it is simply not as fun to drive and good looking as the NSX. Now figure out how to throw a complete Supra drivetrain(GTE TT or T, Getrag 6 spd and 6 spd rear) in an NSX chassis and WOW would be about all anyone could say about that combo. It would take some serious chassis redesign and engineering and a lot of money but jesus would that be one sick car!

Back