New XXR 527

HOLY crap! Look how many weights are on that wheel... Did they run out after balancing those?:confused::eek::rolleyes:

This scares me a little, I have tried wheels in this offset/width range and have seen them stick out -

I would really like to have someone measure the backspacing and report it so we can figure the true offset.

If I am wrong here then that's OK - I just would hate to see folks run out and buy wheels that do not fit.

What I am saying is it is entirely possible that XXR (they are PRIMAX after all...) could have possibly made a screwup on the offset - now this is not an issue for this particular wheel, in fact it's great - but what about those who go out and buy +20 wheels from other manufacturers.

Somewhere I posted a pic of a 265/30/19 on my car with a 19x10 +24 and it was WAY more "flush" than this wheel.

These wheels are going to be popular I know, they look great, are cheap, and I may even get a set myself, that's not the issue, I just would hate to see people buy wheels based on seeing a +20 wheel fitting the rear of the NSX.

There, I said it - now someone PLEASE measure the backspacing to shut me up!:rolleyes:

Here are my 19x10 +24 / 265/30/19 PS2

IMG_1724.jpg

Last edited:
HOLY crap! Look how many weights are on that wheel... Did they run out after balancing those?:confused::eek::rolleyes:
easy there friend :) i've seen the Varstoen (sp?) knockoffs in person too

i'm neither promoting or knocking these wheels since i'm not making any $ on these at all but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until I see the production versions.

Keep in mind:
1. these may have come from a prototype mold not the production mold.
2. the tires may be to blame for the extra weights.
3. the tire installer may not have known what he was doing because i'm surprised they didn't just double up and stack the weights, though I agree there way too much weight blocks on there. the installer should have reoriented the tire if anything.

In any case, i'm willing to test fit the production set (and provide pictures!) since I'm local and can deal with any issues on the spot. Like I said before... the math is a little fishy.

Thanks for the pics, they look good and not small like some of the other 18" rims out there. I'm also in the "where is the gunmetal" camp

Thanks for the pics, they look good and not small like some of the other 18" rims out there. I'm also in the "where is the gunmetal" camp

The gunmetal is most likely going to be similar to this color of my XXR 522s. . called "Chromium Black". It's a very dark grey metallic color. .. it's not matte

CIMG0141.jpg

Hey Hapa, it's hard to tell from your pic, but would you describe the chromium black on your wheels as a glossy gunmetal or a gloss black?

I guess when I was ordering I thought the chromium black would look like these Rota Grids (similar to a dark chrome) so I steered clear of them

6419_3.jpg

6419_5.jpg

If you don't mind, could you look at this color chart below and let me know where you feel that the chromium black fits in (I realize it's a very glossy finish). I may need to call in and see about switching my order :biggrin:

tn_Color_Palette.jpg

easy there friend :) i've seen the Varstoen (sp?) knockoffs in person too

I'm just messing with you man...:cool:

I'm probably gonna end up with a set of these too!

If you don't mind, could you look at this color chart below and let me know where you feel that the chromium black fits in (I realize it's a very glossy finish). I may need to call in and see about switching my order :biggrin:

tn_Color_Palette.jpg

From my memory the color shade is probably closer to the 7-10 range of greys on that chart. It is definitely NOT like the black chrome on the Rota's, it's much darker.

Here's another few pictures I found.
DSC02114.jpg

26587_405980908071_502893071_5054757_2501222_n.jpg

CIMG0140.jpg

Last edited:
these shouldn´t look bad at all on the nsx...

http://www.xxrwheels.com/xxr_521.shtml

I considered these, but the offsets/sizes weren't ideal in my mind.
A front of 17x7 +38 is too conservative (215/40/17 would be squared off)
A rear of 18x10 +25 is a little too aggressive (though it'll work, a 265/35/18 tire would be stretched)

just fyi... member 'LMR' also has his XXRs in Chromium Black. Perhaps he can chime in with his opinion as well.

Thanks RYU for dragging me into this:tongue:

I will have to agree with Hapa in his post on the color of 7-10 but maybe closer to 8-9 on the chart. His pictures should give a good idea of the true color.

BTW. I'm completely happy with my 522's. People are alway saying how good they look and suprised at the price. I can thank Hapa for that:smile:

Thanks for the replies on color. I think these may be too close to black for me, but I'll think on it some.

For the 521, if they offered 19x10 or 18x8 they would be great, but oddly enough those sizes are missing from the lineup.

Thanks RYU for dragging me into this:tongue:

I will have to agree with Hapa in his post on the color of 7-10 but maybe closer to 8-9 on the chart. His pictures should give a good idea of the true color.

BTW. I'm completely happy with my 522's. People are alway saying how good they look and suprised at the price. I can thank Hapa for that:smile:

I must admit that you have good tastes, my friend. . .

here's to probably the most anti-climactic post in recent prime history. FWIW, it just rained and the wheels had a healthy coat of grime on them.

IMG_20110221_125619.jpg

IMG_20110221_125739.jpg

IMG_20110221_125745.jpg

IMG_20110221_125802.jpg

IMG_20110221_125843.jpg

IMG_20110221_125904.jpg

EDIT: Added pics to verify tire size.

A little off topic, but those silver wheels are Blitz 01's?
Do they clear Stoptechs?

Thanks,

-MSR

Anybody have word on ETA for these? I tried contacting NL but got the standard PC message, but no idea of where/when they will start to ship

these shouldn´t look bad at all on the nsx...

http://www.xxrwheels.com/xxr_521.shtml

A rear of 18x10 +25 is a little too aggressive (though it'll work, a 265/35/18 tire would be stretched)

I love those. Is there any way the sizes can be made to fit decently? Anyone know if maybe they have changed the sizes?

Hapa88 said:

I love those. Is there any way the sizes can be made to fit decently? Anyone know if maybe they have changed the sizes?

If you put a 10mm spacer in the front, it would look good.
The rear could use 5mm of shaving off the backpad of the wheel to make it a 18x10 +30.

wow.. whats kind of wheels are the mesh ones? any pics of it on the nsx?

From my memory the color shade is probably closer to the 7-10 range of greys on that chart. It is definitely NOT like the black chrome on the Rota's, it's much darker.

Here's another few pictures I found.
DSC02114.jpg

26587_405980908071_502893071_5054757_2501222_n.jpg

CIMG0140.jpg

Back