New XXR 527

would someone be able to confirm if the fronts (17x8.25 +35mm) would rub the fender liners? Also curious on how concave the fronts are compared the rears.

thx,
Bill

Man, my math must really suck. This just makes no sense to me!

18x9.75 +20
attachment.php

19x9.5 +29 (which should be inward 12mm from the above picture :confused::confused:)
NoSpacer2.jpg

Whatever:rolleyes:, I'm getting a set! :biggrin: Haha. Thanks RYU!!

would someone be able to confirm if the fronts (17x8.25 +35mm) would rub the fender liners? Also curious on how concave the fronts are compared the rears.

thx,
Bill

Based on my calculations, they should, but just a little. . Then again, I was way off on the rear calculation. . so who knows?

attachment.php

^18x9.75 +20 for the back^

What did you go with for the front, and how do they fit? Im more concerned with the front. I want the deepest concave fitment for the front that will fit without rubbing.

Can you post some photos with the offsets you ordered? I would like to see how they look on the car.

+1 for front info too please :smile:

Take this weight with a grain of salt, but there's evidence the 18x9.75's weigh only 21.8lbs. Not bad at all really - just hope they won't bend too easily:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=709396&postcount=47

Dave
The weight is not too bad. I lifted them using my Schwarzenegger-like muscles and with the 265 tire it was considerably lighter than my 19" Enkies (one of the lighter 2pc wheels around). I'm more worried about the cast alum cracking vs. bending.

As a comparison my SSR competitions are roughly...
Weight (lbs.):
15x7....... 10.6
16x6.5.... 11.0-11.9
17x9....... 15.0
18x9....... 16.8-17.2

soloracerdotcom_2147_25103427

Therefore i'm inclined to believe the 18"x9.75" XXRs weigh will be around 21lbs~

btw...
As far as people asking about fitment of the fronts... I guess it's buried in the beginning of this thread that I only had access to the 18x9.75. I'm using my own experience and taking a leap of faith (somewhat) that the 17x8.25 +35mm will fit. I'm willing to bet $5 they will ;). Wait a few weeks until I get mine in. You can judge for yourself if they fit for your application.

Something's not right here -

The nexen 7000 you have there is a very narrow tire but still...

As I said - I have tried a 9.5 +25 and it almost stuck out - this is funny.

thx,
Bill

It'll be fine with a 215/40/17 - as long as you are not slammed.

I think each NSX's alignment specs plays an important role, especially for rear wheel fitment. Some people have more camber than others. Also, not all fender panels are fitted exactly the same; consistent sure, but I could see a 10mm variance in fender adjusments.

Also, not all fender panels are fitted exactly the same; consistent sure, but I could see a 10mm variance in fender adjusments.

I think this could very well be the answer, as I seem to recall that the NSX body panels are all shaped by hand.. .(?)

I think each NSX's alignment specs plays an important role, especially for rear wheel fitment. Some people have more camber than others. Also, not all fender panels are fitted exactly the same; consistent sure, but I could see a 10mm variance in fender adjusments.
Perhaps i got the unofficial widebody NSX version. Or is it the official? I don't really know what makes something official vs. unofficial either :wink:

Something's not right here -

The nexen 7000 you have there is a very narrow tire but still...

As I said - I have tried a 9.5 +25 and it almost stuck out - this is funny.
You're as confused as Hapa and I. Then I started to think...when I use my point of reference for my current 19x10 +27 then the variance is only 4mm when compared to this 18x9.75 +20. So the pics support the analysis (though can be proved only my car). I've also maxed out my positive camber. It still seems a little fishy. I'm going to let it be because it fits pretty darn well. Anyway, at the end of the day we're talking millimeters here and we've probably beat the subject to death. I'll chalk it up to tolerances for a handbuilt machine tho i'm sure Shigeru Uehara would beat me on the spot of such blasphemy!

Here's something that'll do a number on your brain... yes, that's a 265...so i'm not doubting the width of the wheel.
attachment.php

Perhaps i got the unofficial widebody NSX version. Or is it the official? I don't really know what makes something official vs. unofficial either :wink:

You're as confused as Hapa and I. Then I started to think...when I use my point of reference for my current 19x10 +27 then the variance is only 4mm when compared to this 18x9.75 +20. So the pics support the analysis (though can be proved only my car). I've also maxed out my positive camber. It still seems a little fishy. I'm going to let it be because it fits pretty darn well. Anyway, at the end of the day we're talking millimeters here and we've probably beat the subject to death. I'll chalk it up to tolerances for a handbuilt machine tho i'm sure Shigeru Uehara would beat me on the spot of such blasphemy!

Here's something that'll do a number on your brain... yes, that's a 265...so i'm not doubting the width of the wheel.
attachment.php

Am I missing pictures here or what?

Have you posted pictures from other angles?

You ain't no fun, if we can get no pics!!

-MSR

Am I missing pictures here or what?

Have you posted pictures from other angles?

You ain't no fun, if we can get no pics!!

-MSR

the pic that doesn't show up for some weird reason was the other snapshot i took of the tire size while still on the Evo. It said 265/35/18. Btw...and what happened in post #20 of this thread?

Not to beat this topic nay more - please tell me you took pics of the concave spokes on the car...

Not to beat this topic nay more - please tell me you took pics of the concave spokes on the car...

I'm hoping for more pics...man I've been following this thread, c'mon ryu brotha!...give us the good stuff.

Gents - I hate to come off like an elitist prick and normally posting pics is really no big deal but please understand these are prototypes and the only official pictures of them on any car is on the white Evo AFAIK. As a business owner myself.. i'd like to respect that even if these are just "cheap" wheels. So give me a couple days, or more, to make sure i'm not burning any bridges and i'll post up as many pics as you guys want. These will be out shortly anyway and from the looks of it.. they'll be on more than one NSX.

They look similar to the Prodrive GC-010 but as you can see a bit more concave. I wish they made them in a matte gunmetal color :(

Gents - I hate to come off like an elitist prick and normally posting pics is really no big deal but please understand these are prototypes and the only official pictures of them on any car is on the white Evo AFAIK. As a business owner myself.. i'd like to respect that even if these are just "cheap" wheels. So give me a couple days, or more, to make sure i'm not burning any bridges and i'll post up as many pics as you guys want. These will be out shortly anyway and from the looks of it.. they'll be on more than one NSX.

They look similar to the Prodrive GC-010 but as you can see a bit more concave. I wish they made them in a matte gunmetal color :(

"It ain't no fun, if the homies can't have none"

J/k...sorry I didn't know they were not released yet.

Thanks tho...your not a prick...I'm just waiting for pics.

I can just see it now, everyone is getting a set and will have to resort to wacky custom colors to "identify" themselves...

here's to probably the most anti-climactic post in recent prime history. FWIW, it just rained and the wheels had a healthy coat of grime on them.

IMG_20110221_125619.jpg

IMG_20110221_125739.jpg

IMG_20110221_125745.jpg

IMG_20110221_125802.jpg

IMG_20110221_125843.jpg

IMG_20110221_125904.jpg

EDIT: Added pics to verify tire size.

Attachments

• IMG_20110221_122253.jpg
    IMG_20110221_122253.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_20110221_122323.jpg