New XXR 527

i remember seeing an early post on shaving 5mm for the 18x10+25 to +30.. would that work?
XXR 521
Unfortunately, they don't have sizes that fit the NSX ideally in this model.
http://www.xxrwheels.com/xxr_521.shtml
52180143-2.jpg

i remember seeing an early post on shaving 5mm for the 18x10+25 to +30.. would that work?

The 18x10 +25 will work if the car is lowered and a 255 - 265 tire

Problem is that the fronts will not be optimal - 17x7...

the 18x8.5 +30 would work in the front?

If you really wanted to, you could make it work, but I would HIGHLY advise against it, especially on a stocked bodied car. That fitment will not be drivable on a stock bodied car.

From my experience, the perfect front fitment is a 18x8 +38 with a 215/35/18 tire. That fitment gives an overall flush look (not "HellaFlush") and excellent drivability with practically no rubbing.

Last edited:
If you really wanted to, you could make it work, but I would HIGHLY advise against it, especially on a stocked bodied car. That fitment will not be drivable on a stock bodied car.

From my experience, the perfect front fitment is a 18x8 +38 with a 215/35/18 tire. That fitment gives an overall flush look (not "HellaFlush") and excellent drivability with practically no rubbing.

i'm guessing 18x8.5+30 with a 1.5 drop would rub like crazy

^^ not to mention it will have tire that is stretched beyond belief

^^ not to mention it will have tire that is stretched beyond belief
"beyond belief" is a bit dramatic :biggrin:

i'm running a 215 on an 8.5" wheel and it looks less stretched than on the Varstoen set I saw at Niguel Motors.

btw guys.. I still haven't heard back about the 527s :( I've actually stopped trying. Not sure if XXR has even released them yet.

"beyond belief" is a bit dramatic :biggrin:

i'm running a 215 on an 8.5" wheel and it looks less stretched than on the Varstoen set I saw at Niguel Motors.

btw guys.. I still haven't heard back about the 527s :( I've actually stopped trying. Not sure if XXR has even released them yet.

how low are you dropped? any pics?

Any word on these??
I put in a call earlier this week. Limited shipments coming in later this month and only in gold as far as I know. I'd like gunmetal or black. Other vendors might get different stock.

The problem is.. they typically order these in sets of 4 at the same diameter. They don't like to order them in a double staggered setup like 17/18.

Perhaps other folks have better luck.

As soon as I see a full set mounted on a stock bodied car my order will go in that day.

Can the front wheels even fit on a stock bodied NSX? I mean, 17x8.25 +35 is quite aggressive and will be super stretched with 215/40/17 tires.
Normally, I would say +35 on that is too much but that's what everyone said about the rears I tried on months ago ("no way would it fit...").

I wouldn't be surprised if XXR pulled some measuring shenanigans and flaunt they have the lowest offsets possible to satisfy the "hella flush" crowd but really have it so they properly fit more cars... We've all seen retarded stuff in this industry over the years.

I'm About To run a 17x8.25 plus 32 on my stock body I'll let you know how it goes but from my understanding 215 on 8 wide wheel isn't a stretch at all.

Everyone says 17x8 plus 35 is a flush or close to flush fitment

Will see what happens

sorry for the lack of an update. My set arrived a few weeks ago (5mo waiting period for the pre-order :o).

If somebody with a stock bodied car near San Francisco wants to try them out, you're more than welcome. I still have to get some tires mounted...

^^^ Can't wait to see your pics!

---------------------

Here's something interesting. If the front XXRs are 17x8.25 +35 and OyATL is running 18x8 +31 LMs, the front XXRs just might work.

Inner Clearance: 7mm Less Clearance
(the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)

Outer Position: 1mm Retracted from the fender
(position of the outside edge of the wheel)

I'm a little more confident in the front fitment now. Anyone care to chime in?

^^^ Can't wait to see your pics!

---------------------

Here's something interesting. If the front XXRs are 17x8.25 +35 and OyATL is running 18x8 +31 LMs, the front XXRs just might work.

Inner Clearance: 7mm Less Clearance
(the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)

Outer Position: 1mm Retracted from the fender
(position of the outside edge of the wheel)

I'm a little more confident in the front fitment now. Anyone care to chime in?
what about mines 17x8.25 plus 32?

im stilling waiting for the wheels to come in tho

The rims are interesting. Even the lip is a 2 step lip with the lower step setting farther out so there is more concave to the face. At first I was thinking "boy these will be impossible to repair if I curb them", but then I realized nobody is going to fix cheap rims. The mounting pad is also very thick. I orignally wanted to run a 5mm spacer, but there isn't a ton of thread left on the OEM studs.

I do have stock front fenders on the car so perhaps I'll get off my butt and test fit them this weekend so you can see what it looks like.

I also wish I had taken the time to weigh the rears before I mounted tires ( put 255-35-18's on there that I had laying around). I'll try to get the fronts weighed soon since they are still "naked". The waiting time on these is pretty rediculous. You can have custom made wheels from overseas delivered before you can get a set of XXR's :confused:

Back