Insane markups on local Craigslist ads

first phoenix now you....you should submit an article to nsx driver about your obsession.

Reality check on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...3396540?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item53f80583bc

JH4NA21612T000185

2002 NSX, completely customized (Veilside?), mileage 19,192, yours for only $95,000.00 :rolleyes:

Someone is trying to recoup the boatload of cash they spent on "customizing" their NSX. Hopefully they find someone with similar tastes.

Not my cup of tea, and I've owned a yellow Honda before. (go Y-49!). Some kits and other customizations are done very nice, but IMO this looks like a 16 year old found a sack of cash, bought an NSX, and took it straight to a customizer:

Shop guy: "So now that we've settled on the Veilside kit, what kind of theme are you thinking of?"

Kid: "I was raised by bumblebees, so I really like yellow and black. I want everything to be retina-searing yellow or carbon fibre- it reminds me of life back at the hive."
"I also want red seats of course, so people will think I have an NSX-R!!!"
"Oh, and don't worry about fitment or functionality when it comes to anything, please- just make it look SICK!"

Whoa, why/where did that rant come from? No caffiene today, that's why

Last edited:
hey now.......... watch those bee comments:wink:

time for a reality check.......
It is worth noting that the volume of NSXs that are for sale has taken a nose dive as well. I suspect that buyers were found somewhere in the middle of the price range and both parties left happy.

I stick with my assessment that spring brings out both high prices and high volume and that both fall as the season moves forward. For those that want the cream of the crop cars and don't mind paying top dollar, its the time to shop.

I've done the Vin search and watched the car on both prime and eBay. Still a decent price for an 05' with a clean carfax, low miles etc. IMO...

Easily saveable with an OEM front bumper and different wheels.

I've seen this car over the years on ebay as well. It seems that the owner is no longer posting pics of the interior, but I seem to recall that the seats and door panels were recovered in some ill-fitted suede (with a big A on the headrest), and the center console was poorly done as well. There's more to save than just the exterior!

Inevitable.

I've seen this car over the years on ebay as well. It seems that the owner is no longer posting pics of the interior, but I seem to recall that the seats and door panels were recovered in some ill-fitted suede (with a big A on the headrest), and the center console was poorly done as well. There's more to save than just the exterior!

Sounds like a perfect fit for a gentleman like myself with a spare set of black 2005 seats, brand new SOS console, 18/19 TE37's, OEM front bumper/valance/spoiler, OEM front hood... :biggrin:

Hell maybe even redo the car back to NH565 Grand prix white... What's attractive to me is 05, 30k miles, clean carfax, and tons of tasteful $$ mods. Smaller issues like changing the bumper, seats, wheels, etc are something that could be done in a weekend.

Car also has ALL VIN decals intact outside of the swapped hood etc.

Holy crap, I thought I was nuts buying Dave's 05 wheels just to have them gathering dust in my garage. But you sir, take crazy to a whole new level. And I thought it was just wheels...

Then I agree, you ought to buy that car and restore it to GPW. But keep the black 95; you still need ONE to drive around!

Well that attempt at flipping the 04 yellow turned out to be a fail. Dealer listed for 5k more than he purchased it for a week earlier and later bumped it another 10k or so only to drop it back down 13k and now is shipping it out to auction. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ting-2004-NSX-T-(24k-Miles)-JH4NA21624T000067

- - - Updated - - -

RSO 34. As of today (3/25/2013) you are not going to find a full dealer documentation "1 owner" 04 under 25k miles with all service up to date,new tires ,recent timing belt and all original paint verified by "paint meter" for less than what i am asking. >>>> PLEASE FORWARD AD TO ME IF THERE'S ANOTHER 04 ADVERTISED LESS ANYWHERE <<<<<<<<<<<

CHEERS

Guess I was right after all....

Let us know what it goes for at auction.

Last edited:
I am starting to think 'RSO' has a thing w/me or any dealer or buyer trying to make a few bucks. Sir you have no clue what i paid for my yellow NSX and for you to make a comment on marking it up $5k more than what i paid cracks me up. Is funny how many of you sits behind a computer think you know it all, LOL ... I am the one who wrote the check on my purchase and i can tell you for a 'FACT' you are way off.

Holy crap, I thought I was nuts buying Dave's 05 wheels just to have them gathering dust in my garage.

I thought I was nuts for selling them especially at that price with tires. LOL... So if you change your mind you call me FIRST Mike!! :)

i believe RSO is basing his purchase price assumption being 65k OBO; based on the public for sale ad of a forum he moderates.

how could RSO be wayyy off/unreasonable under that assumption ???? ... i mean is he supposed to assume that someone/dealer would go into negotiations to buy a used car and as an outcome of the negotiations end up paying 'way off' MORE then the asking price??!?!?!

I am starting to think 'RSO' has a thing w/me or any dealer or buyer trying to make a few bucks. Sir you have no clue what i paid for my yellow NSX and for you to make a comment on marking it up $5k more than what i paid cracks me up. Is funny how many of you sits behind a computer think you know it all, LOL ... I am the one who wrote the check on my purchase and i can tell you for a 'FACT' you are way off.

Last edited:

I'm just saying you tried to flip a car while touting how much these cars are going up in value and now after upping your price and dropping it drastically you are headed to auction, probably at a loss. So i was right on values and you were wrong. That's all I'm saying....

I'm just saying you tried to flip a car while touting how much these cars are going up in value and now after upping your price and dropping it drastically you are headed to auction, probably at a loss. So i was right on values and you were wrong. That's all I'm saying....

Will not lose a dime to sell! Every car goes through auction has a set reserve dollar and most dealers will not lose on a rare merchandise...

Last edited:
I thought I was nuts for selling them especially at that price with tires. LOL... So if you change your mind you call me FIRST Mike!! :)

Hey Dave, they're still wrapped up like unopened Christmas presents!

Will not lose a dime to sell! Every car goes through auction has a set reserve dollar and most dealers will not lose on a rare merchandise...

But will you still come back here and post about how NSX values have shot up $15k in the last year, or have values miraculously fallen in the last couple months now that you will be looking to buy again?

Well, Du, as a newbie here who has been following these cars since the beginning of the year looking for "The One", your tactics on this forum quite frankly rubbed me the wrong way. This forum is all about people who have a common interest and love of this great vehicle. This forum promotes helping fellow members when needed. Even the vendors. Sure they want to make money and hopefully do make money, but they in doing so they make a great contribution to this community. Sure, as a businessman you have every right to try and make a buck. But to do it as you tried, here on NSX Prime, I feel was wrong. You bought a car from a prime member and briefly jacked up the price to a ridiculous amount, promoted the inflated price and advertised it ON THIS FORUM. While this is obviously not against the rules, per se, I do not think it jives with the spirit of this forum, and I believe that is what long time primers like RSO are getting at. Take it to Autotrader, Cars.com, ebay, Craigs List - whatever - but not here after you purchased it from a primer. That is not what this forum is about, imo.

The vehicle you are now taking to auction was one of the few I was considering buying. But once you purchased the car from a primer and tried to flip it here as you did, I quickly scratched that car off the list as I did not want to do business with you, for the aforementioned reasons. Thanks. Luckily, I just purchased "The One", and I cannot wait to take delivery. Thanks to NSX Prime and all of the primers for providing this forum that helped me obtain all the information I needed to find and buy the car I wanted. I do not like to post much, and I realize that this is a doozie of a first post, but I hope to be able to help fellow primers in the future when possible.

Well, Du, as a newbie here who has been following these cars since the beginning of the year looking for "The One", your tactics on this forum quite frankly rubbed me the wrong way. This forum is all about people who have a common interest and love of this great vehicle. This forum promotes helping fellow members when needed. Even the vendors. Sure they want to make money and hopefully do make money, but they in doing so they make a great contribution to this community. Sure, as a businessman you have every right to try and make a buck. But to do it as you tried, here on NSX Prime, I feel was wrong. You bought a car from a prime member and briefly jacked up the price to a ridiculous amount, promoted the inflated price and advertised it ON THIS FORUM. While this is obviously not against the rules, per se, I do not think it jives with the spirit of this forum, and I believe that is what long time primers like RSO are getting at. Take it to Autotrader, Cars.com, ebay, Craigs List - whatever - but not here after you purchased it from a primer. That is not what this forum is about, imo.

The vehicle you are now taking to auction was one of the few I was considering buying. But once you purchased the car from a primer and tried to flip it here as you did, I quickly scratched that car off the list as I did not want to do business with you, for the aforementioned reasons. Thanks. Luckily, I just purchased "The One", and I cannot wait to take delivery. Thanks to NSX Prime and all of the primers for providing this forum that helped me obtain all the information I needed to find and buy the car I wanted. I do not like to post much, and I realize that this is a doozie of a first post, but I hope to be able to help fellow primers in the future when possible.

Wrong "TACTICS"...? Original seller advertised his car and i bought it and paid his price. He's happy and i am happy. Now i put it up for sale and if i find a buyer who's willing to pay my asking, again seller meet buyer and both parties are happy. I dont see any problem advertising it here at all. CAPITALISM ! If you don't agree then " MOVE ON" and don't buy. Where i advertised is my choice and not yours. There are dealers on this board buy cars here on prime and relist on 'Prime' all the time, do your research.

Wrong "TACTICS"...? Original seller advertised his car and i bought it and paid his price. He's happy and i am happy. Now i put it up for sale and if i find a buyer who's willing to pay my asking, again seller meet buyer and both parties are happy. I dont see any problem advertising it here at all. CAPITALISM ! If you don't agree then " MOVE ON" and don't buy. Where i advertised is my choice and not yours. There are dealers on this board buy cars here on prime and relist on 'Prime' all the time, do your research.

Ugh. Did more research than I care to admit. Did you not read what I wrote????!!!! I clearly stated that you, as a businessman, had every right to try and make a buck. You did not violate any rules. Yet I absolutely did not agree with what you tried to do and how you tried to do it and I did indeed move on - once again as I stated above, but thanks for the advice anyway. You obviously do not, and probably will never, get "it".

Ugh. Did more research than I care to admit. Did you not read what I wrote????!!!! I clearly stated that you, as a businessman, had every right to try and make a buck. You did not violate any rules. Yet I absolutely did not agree with what you tried to do and how you tried to do it and I did indeed move on - once again as I stated above, but thanks for the advice anyway. You obviously do not, and probably will never, get "it".

My guess is you must of fallen off your bed this morning and BUMP your head and can't think straight ! "The vehicle you are now taking to auction was one of the few I was considering buying. But once you purchased the car from a primer and tried to flip it here as you did, I quickly scratched that car off the list..... " You scratched this car off ur list cuz i bought it from another primer... I bet the real reason is price not whom or where i bought it. If i listed this car for $40k - my conclusion you will hv no problem buying it. Buddy, i have sold so many cars in my days and came across buyers like yourself everyday and i could care less what you think is right or wrong. Have a nice day!

I have to agree with Squischer. Nothing against your choice of profession and you seem very good at it, so hats off. But you do seem to predominantly post from a "professional" slant that sides with falsely inflating the prices of these vehicles. Just some examples from this thread:

"Low miles examples are getting rare by the day and they command top dollars if it is all original with service records."
"
Tabasco probably sitting back just about now thinking if he should up his asking!!"
"
All of a sudden I think my 04 is worth north of $85k. :smile:"
"Here's 2005 for $90k http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=17&Log=0"
"IMO, all original no mod low mileage with documented service records should command premium dollars."

etc, etc, running throughout the thread...

We all see it, most of us just can't be bothered taking the time to point it out

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RYU
or try to be like the Du Sportscar guy and use nsxprime to try to artificially raise these prices with hype :wink:

RSO: And here I was thinking I was the only one who noticed this......

Its a free country and you can do as you choose, but it does strike some of us as being goofy. Then again, I feel most car salesman are a bit goofy which is why I buy from private sellers (no offense)

Back