Insane markups on local Craigslist ads

I have a red key, just np package. I have 2 black, one gray, one red.

Oh okay, you should be good then.
It's not the end of the world with out the red key.

Its just nice to have and adds resale value. A absolute plus when you have all the little elements included from when the car was bought new.

Why paint the car another company's factory red especially if it was red to begin with?
Why paint it at all for such a low mileaged car?
Hmm...

I mean, 68k is pretty high for a car that isn't the original color.
I have no comment on the Ferrari stripes...

Last edited:
Why paint the car another company's factory red especially if it was red to begin with?
Why paint it at all for such a low mileaged car?
Hmm...
I remember seeing this car listed on prime here. My guess was that it was a silverstone car and they taped out the stripes and then painted it red. Not my cup of tea, but this is clearly the look the owner was going for:

th

Tpolonyi those remotes are nice! No wear marks.
No valet key (grey)? If not, no biggie as one can be made easily. Save the metal tab with code info and the red ( re-program ) key pkg somewhere's safe.

Yea...no grey one for me :frown: But thanks for the info. All keys are stored in a secured location!:smile:

Yea...no grey one for me :frown: But thanks for the info. All keys are stored in a secured location!:smile:

Cool.

I've enjoyed the nice photos of your LBBP! What do you think of the purchase deal you got? I sure liked that one - it looked cherry.

Cool.

I've enjoyed the nice photos of your LBBP! What do you think of the purchase deal you got? I sure liked that one - it looked cherry.

uh oh... Gleibig could be in for the fruit reference......

Cool.

Thank you. Its been an amazing experience thus far. The color definitely grew on me, I was looking for either a white or a red one at the time. But now I consider myself very lucky and loving its "cherry" look. LBBP all the way baby! :biggrin:
IMG_0671.jpg

Inflation. The NSX will remain desirable all around the world, so it is a physical asset with inherit desirable attributes. As the purchasing power of the dollar decreases, the price of an NSX in dollars will increase. While I love my NSX on its own merits (this is the third that I've owned) I also keep it as a way to safe guard a large portion of my life savings both against inflation and as a last defense against my wife who would love to use that money for something else.

Inflation. The NSX will remain desirable all around the world, so it is a physical asset with inherit desirable attributes. As the purchasing power of the dollar decreases, the price of an NSX in dollars will increase. While I love my NSX on its own merits (this is the third that I've owned) I also keep it as a way to safe guard a large portion of my life savings both against inflation and as a last defense against my wife who would love to use that money for something else.

This is amazing. And I could not agree more!!!!!!

NSX's cars are rare, with only a few hundred made per year, they originally cost $20k more than sticker at most dealerships since dealers were lucky to get 1 per year.. The Recession hurt the value of these cars for a 2-3 year period from 2008-2011, now that we are coming out of the recession I also notice that prices are going up. The Bay Area is one of the first areas of the country to be pulling out of the recession, and with the kids that were teenagers in the late 90" that dreamed of owning an NSX one day enter the job market and their peak earning years, they are going to covet these cars. It is simple supply vs demand, and there are simply not that many super clean unmolested cars left out there on the market, and young people that work in Silicon Valley tend to do quite well for themselves to be able to buy what they want.

Last edited:
goes to show how awesome prime is for any nsx buyer........:smile:

Back