Insane markups on local Craigslist ads

75201b3336cee45f173cd57089cb79db_zpsbcbce72c.jpg

LOL...sorry I just couldn't keep it going any longer. I thought it was a 91 I forgot what the stupid ad was so I said snap ring and then got caught.... So had to think on my feet.... I was thinking "geez how do I explain this one now"...

Still felt good buying it before Chris or DU even if it was a figment of my imagination. LOL

LOL...sorry I just couldn't keep it going any longer. I thought it was a 91 I forgot what the stupid ad was so I said snap ring and then got caught.... So had to think on my feet.... I was thinking "geez how do I explain this one now"...

Still felt good buying it before Chris or DU even if it was a figment of my imagination. LOL

LOL I knew the story was BS the entire time. Nothing added up.

Who wants to lowball this guy and make some money on this deal. Sorry it's in the ugliest color though ;)

New Trans! Must have been that darn snap ring!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/3695764087.html

Definitely worth about 40k... ugliest color and it isn't yellow like DU's :biggrin:.. only the Yellow's fetch significant premiums.

Haha, I definitely fell for it and was hoping Dave had really scored himself a second NSX so that he can join the madness. :D

Dave - this NSX has been on craigslist forever, make a lowball offer and scoop it up! I'll help you get it inspected and transported to Boston.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3695614557.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ctd/3688573215.html

If that don't suit your tastes, this one should definitely light your flames:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3705193058.html

The seed has been planted, you have to get another NSX now! :D

Last edited:
Those guys are nuts. Jose cars aren't worth what they are asking. 54000 miles for 60? I can buy the above 2005 for 5k more.

Anyway... Stop it man... I don't need a second NSX. LOL

The "great recession" is over folks, and there WAS a great buying opportunity from 2008-2011, and I also see the values of the NSX's are going up substanially, there is no question.. Lets face it, these are rare hand built cars with only a few hundred made per year, dependable, all aluminum (no rust), very fun to drive, I see these cars becoming very collectable with in the next 10 years, especially in the rare color combinations with low miles, 97-2001 etc.. There were less than 9000 NSX's made over 14 years and a pristine car is getting hard to come by since it has been 8 years since the 2002-05 NSX-2 were last made and 12 years since the last 2001 NSX-1 was made. If a Ferrari 360 or other model Ferrari can go up in value (didn't they make over 7,000 360's per year?) why cant an NSX, when the production was a fraction of most modern day Ferrari's, when the NSX is a much more rare car with low ownership costs? Some of the most rare Shelbys that sell for $500k had production numbers greater than the coveted 97-2001 NSX, and most of the rare color combination NSX's had production numbers under 100 cars on the entire run from 97-01.

The younger generation that is entering their peak earning years love Japanese cars since they grew up admiring them, and the NSX is one of that generations favorites. Most of the thumbs up I get come from people age 22-40 and most say that the NSX is their all time favorite car. The new 2015 NSX could end up being a $150k-$200k Hybird car that will also spark interest in a rare vintage (all gas with a key instead of a push button) NSX, as enthusiasts are already beinging to greatly covet the vintage NSX with its retro style.

Keep in mind most of these cars originally cost about $100k and had a $20k dealer mark ups when they were brand new since they were so hard to get, with most dealerships lucky to get 1 per year. How many thousands of Honda/Acura dealerships are there in the world? Divide that by the number of cars made per year http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers , and it will tell you that the majority of dealerships never saw a brand new NSX in their showroom, needless to say there are becoming fewer pristine examples left out there since most of these cars were driven.

Last edited:
I know where this dealer is.
It's actually in Santa Ana on Harbor St. for the local socalers to check out.

I believe they have a porsche and a GTR on their lot also.

He's had 2 other nsx's before and they're actually sold (considering most primers don't like to buy from these small dealership with no maintenance records).
Yeah, this silver has a history here on prime also.

I could check it if anyone is seriously interested.

Anyways, back to our regular soap opera:tongue:

Who wants to lowball this guy and make some money on this deal. Sorry it's in the ugliest color though ;)

New Trans! Must have been that darn snap ring!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/3695764087.html

Last edited:
The "great recession" is over folks, and there WAS a great buying opportunity from 2008-2011, and I also see the values of the NSX's are going up substanially, there is no question.. Lets face it, these are rare hand built cars with only a few hundred made per year, dependable, all aluminum (no rust), very fun to drive, I see these cars becoming very collectable with in the next 10 years, especially in the rare color combinations with low miles, 97-2001 etc.. There were less than 9000 NSX's made over 14 years and a pristine car is getting hard to come by since it has been 8 years since the 2002-05 NSX-2 were last made and 12 years since the last 2001 NSX-1 was made. If a Ferrari 360 or other model Ferrari can go up in value (didn't they make over 7,000 360's per year?) why cant an NSX, when the production was a fraction of most modern day Ferrari's, when the NSX is a much more rare car with low ownership costs? Some of the most rare Shelbys that sell for $500k had production numbers greater than the coveted 97-2001 NSX, and most of the rare color combination NSX's had production numbers under 100 cars on the entire run from 97-01.

The younger generation that is entering their peak earning years love Japanese cars since they grew up admiring them, and the NSX is one of that generations favorites. Most of the thumbs up I get come from people age 22-40 and most say that the NSX is their all time favorite car. The new 2015 NSX could end up being a $150k-$200k Hybird car that will also spark interest in a rare vintage (all gas with a key instead of a push button) NSX, as enthusiasts are already beinging to greatly covet the vintage NSX with its retro style.

Keep in mind most of these cars originally cost about $100k and had a $20k dealer mark ups when they were brand new since they were so hard to get, with most dealerships lucky to get 1 per year. How many thousands of Honda/Acura dealerships are there in the world? Divide that by the number of cars made per year http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers , and it will tell you that the majority of dealerships never saw a brand new NSX in their showroom, needless to say there are becoming fewer pristine examples left out there since most of these cars were driven.

Thanks for a well-written post.

The "great recession" is over folks QUOTE]

News to me. Is that tidbit from an Obama/Biden press release? :confused:

I don't know about nationwide by my work is an early indicator of the real estate market because it is construction related. And I have been steadily going up. Rea estate prices in my state are up 12% over just last year. And you can see the stock market is at record highs now. Unemployment is still high but the factors I see, all point that things are improving and at a decent clip.

i don't know about nationwide by my work is an early indicator of the real estate market because it is construction related. And i have been steadily going up. Rea estate prices in my state are up 12% over just last year. And you can see the stock market is at record highs now. Unemployment is still high but the factors i see, all point that things are improving and at a decent clip.

Agree with you on the real estate market and the stock market, but debt and unemployment still continuing to weigh heavily. I think there will be continuing uncertainty and devalued currency (USD). Anyway, back to subject matter.......NSX's. :smile:

I didnt get anything in unopened packaging.... It would be the first thing I open if they told me not to.

Unfortunatly, it only includes one key. Some unknown factors there..

- - - Updated - - -

From what I know, what should be included is:
Two primary's with remotes
valet
and the a "master" key thats still in its unopened packaging (dealer told me i shall never ever open ever)

Yea, they were probably lost through the different owners.

I didnt get anything in unopened packaging.... It would be the first thing I open if they told me not to.

Its the red "learning" key. I was told its the only way to get copies for your car.
The package it comes in has some kind of serial number..

Back