Insane markups on local Craigslist ads

For everybody's info on march 13 at manheim auto auction for dealers, a 2005 black nsx with 4k original miles sold for 75000 so keep an eye on this one and possibly a 30k markup. in Tampa

Last edited:
For everybody's info on march 13 at manheim auto auction for dealers, a 2005 black nsx with 4k original miles sold for 75000 so keep an eye on this one and possibly a 30k markup. in Tampa

Do you by any chance know the vin? It could also be the black one from Ohio...

Well guys, the good news is the car was indeed legit, but snap ring problem. I received an extra $800 discount and have a deposit on the car, I am flying to look at it on Sunday and if all goes well I will have my second NSX.

Well guys, the good news is the car was indeed legit, but snap ring problem. I received an extra $800 discount and have a deposit on the car, I am flying to look at it on Sunday and if all goes well I will have my second NSX.

Cool, wish I had garage space and extra income, I'd pick up a 2nd NSX

wow look at you..this could be a test bed for cool stickers......:tongue: you may have phoenixitis...

wow look at you..this could be a test bed for cool stickers......:tongue: you may have phoenixitis...

I just got very lucky. The guy had a lot of offers. I am going to move most of my mods and take mine back to OEM. If all goes well. I can't believe I got in before Chris. I did offer the full asking price.

I just got very lucky. The guy had a lot of offers. I am going to move most of my mods and take mine back to OEM. If all goes well. I can't believe I got in before Chris. I did offer the full asking price.

I heard you were going to list it here next week and flip it. And by the way, I did receive your request to change your screen name and your néw name will be up in time for your listing, DU RBO2GO.

Ack! Why?? Leave it stock!!

I heard you were going to list it here next week and flip it. And by the way, I did receive your request to change your screen name and your néw name will be up in time for your listing, DU RBO2GO.

Very cute Rob. Haha

- - - Updated - - -

Do you by any chance know the vin? It could also be the black one from Ohio...

$74k is strong money for that car. Super low miles 2005 were around mid $50's year ago at auction. I thought you were kidding until i look up post sale report. WOW! Few days ago I got an offer from a dealer for $60k for my 04 w/24k miles. Maybe i should run it through Mainheim "S.F City Bay" and see what it would fetch...

Very cute Rob. Haha

Let me know if you want me to represent you in the lawsuit against Dave for infringing upon your name. I like Dave but I like legal fees more and at the current rate of increasing prices I need to get some more clients. As they said in Ghostbusters - - - no job is too big, no fee is too big..........

I bought a pristine 04 identical to Du's 4 years ago with 1/3 the miles, 4.5 yrs newer and for significantly less. If you guys are selling for top dollar or the ads are real (and based on real market trends/legitimacy), I thank you all for raising the price of my car.

Snap ring problem on a 2000.... What am I missing here?? :confused::cool:

I bought a pristine 04 identical to Du's 4 years ago with 1/3 the miles, 4.5 yrs newer and for significantly less. If you guys are selling for top dollar or the ads are real (and based on real market trends/legitimacy), I thank you all for raising the price of my car.

Everything was much less 4yrs ago. Stock mkt has more than double since so no direct comparison from then and today...

Snap ring problem on a 2000.... What am I missing here?? :confused::cool:

Sorry I wasn't clear. The transmission has some damage. He bought a 5 speed that was in snap ring range cheap to use for parts. He is including that with the car at no extra charge. He says the damaged parts are shared. I'm not sure what is exactly shared or not, I left a message for Larry B to find out. But the car drives. So basically I'm getting a 2000 with a trans issue and a snap ring range trans as parts in the deal. The repair is now up to me but I negotiated down another $900. The car looks mint and since he sent me photos of the VIN and title front and rear I think it's legit. My sister lives close to that and I was traveling that way anyway so even going to make the deal in person isn't necessarily costing me any travel expenses. The guy is getting divorced and is selling a lot of stuff. He also has a black Gran Turismo for sale pretty cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Ack! Why?? Leave it stock!!

I'd rather have my 2005 stock. It's worth more than the 2000.

Last edited:
I'd rather have my 2005 stock. It's worth more than the 2000.

But your 2005 will never be "truly" stock again - just modified and then un-modified. I would think a "truly" stock 2000 is worth more than retcon-stock 05, no?

- - - Updated - - -

I know because my car is "stock" - probably more like SINO (stock in name only).

All the problems of a modified car with none of the advantages! Yay!

But your 2005 will never be "truly" stock again - just modified and then un-modified. I would think a "truly" stock 2000 is worth more than retcon-stock 05, no?
Given the info on the Frankenstein transmission, I wouldn't say that the 2000 is truly stock either.

Agreed. Which is why I've decided not to modify ANYTHING on my 96' Berlina.

Given the info on the Frankenstein transmission, I wouldn't say that the 2000 is truly stock either.

x2. Something sounds odd here.

Brother in law looking at the actual car as we speak. I think if there was something fishy the guy wouldn't have been so forthcoming with all the paperwork and invited me to see it right away. The interior and body is absolutely flawless. I am still in shock I got an 18K mile fully documented 2000 for $34,100. I don't care if it needs transmission work.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I know because my car is "stock" - probably more like SINO (stock in name only).

All the problems of a modified car with none of the advantages! Yay!

A 2005 is fairly new, and the car is basically one owner and has 15K miles. It has zero issues. I wouldn't call it SINO.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris, did you make him an offer? He did tell me he had other offers. I'm wondering if it was you or someone else on here?

Brother in law looking at the actual car as we speak. I think if there was something fishy the guy wouldn't have been so forthcoming with all the paperwork and invited me to see it right away. The interior and body is absolutely flawless. I am still in shock I got an 18K mile fully documented 2000 for $34,100. I don't care if it needs transmission work.

- - - Updated - - -

A 2005 is fairly new, and the car is basically one owner and has 15K miles. It has zero issues. I wouldn't call it SINO.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris, did you make him an offer? He did tell me he had other offers. I'm wondering if it was you or someone else on here?

No, didn't make an offer. I asked for the VIN, pictures, and more documentation before having more interest in a very vague CL ad.

Your best bet would be leaving the 2000 OEM and your car as-is. If you decide to swap everything over then you'll end up with 2 cars that were heavily modded then returned to stock. In addition to alot of wasted time. Unless of course you plan on selling your Silverstone?

- - - Updated - - -

My 04 is 100% stock down to every bolt.

I'm starting to think that DU should just keep his 04' since he loves it so much LOL

Back