Insane markups on local Craigslist ads

And Du SportsCars; if you wouldn't get so defensive and just not respond to his rhetoric this would have been over with at his first post.
This is good advice.

I used to have an old internet friend who was famous for saying that an internet argument is like a dog turd, the more you poke at it the worse it smells. If you leave it alone, it will just dry up and fade away.

LMAO...That reference can fit many situations.

Lostbuckeye. When I posted my first thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/174619-Another-2004-NSX-Yellow-for-sale-on-ebay.He started all this by sending me a PM. This is the message he sent me ""You could have bought my 04 one owner with all service up to date for hella lot cheaper than this 04 on Ebay w/10k more miles and with service no where near as up to date as mine with asking price way more than mine. LOL. Are you going to ask them wht they paid for their car too? HAHA. Hope you get rape by another dealer."

NSX1477; Let me get this straight. You are complaining because you were too late to buy this NSX from the original owner before Du SportsCars and you were unable to to cut a deal that you found acceptable because Du SportsCars was asking more than he paid for the car? Dude I find this whole portion of this thread petty and childish. So you couldn't do the deal, move on already!! There are plenty of deals out there for someone who is ready to buy in good faith. If you want his car bad enough then pay what he is willing to accept. If not, find another car.

And Du SportsCars; if you wouldn't get so defensive and just not respond to his rhetoric this would have been over with at his first post. I doubt that someone with five unmemorable posts is going to hurt your rep. Your a car salesman who's successfully bought and sold cars on this forum. Get a thicker skin. As has been said somewhere on this thread, if these cars actually sell for the prices asked, those of us that are already owners benefit from higher values.

Last edited:
Was there something about "drop it now and move on" that was confusing? I used small monosyllabic words but they don't seem to have been comprehended.

RSO, I tried. I'm done. This was an interesting thread that got taken over. This bickering should be moved to the Buyer/Seller Experiences Section of the site.

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in. I spoke to that owner. $59K black/tan 23k miles. Anybody interested in buying, hes willing to go down a bit for a quick sale. I ended up talking to a different owner and may pick it up tomorrow though.

Yes I picked the worst time to buy an NSX lol. Prices are really high. I've been lightly browsing NSX's for a couple years and have definitely noticed the pricing has gone up. I don't see it going down anytime soon so I'm just going to suck it up and buy one since I am financially ready now.

Just wanted to chime in. I spoke to that owner. $59K black/tan 23k miles. Anybody interested in buying, hes willing to go down a bit for a quick sale. I ended up talking to a different owner and may pick it up tomorrow though.

Yes I picked the worst time to buy an NSX lol. Prices are really high. I've been lightly browsing NSX's for a couple years and have definitely noticed the pricing has gone up. I don't see it going down anytime soon so I'm just going to suck it up and buy one since I am financially ready now.

i've been keeping track of sale prices for some time, and I think it's important clarification to make. ASKING prices have definitely been going up. Sale prices have mostly held constant, at least over the past year or so. of course there are outliers when the buyer and seller are a match made in heaven, or for those rare cars that the buyer must have.

i've been keeping track of sale prices for some time, and I think it's important clarification to make. ASKING prices have definitely been going up. Sale prices have mostly held constant, at least over the past year or so. of course there are outliers when the buyer and seller are a match made in heaven, or for those rare cars that the buyer must have.
I would agree. Though, I'm not sure if my purchase was typical. In February, I paid about $5k less than the seller's asking price. I offered cash and the seller had another vehicle in mind, that he didn't want to lose out on, so we did the deal. All sales are a matter of how much the buyer wants the car and how much the seller wants to sell it. Where those two meet is where the deal gets done. And sometimes the stars and planets align with hell freezing under flying pigs.:biggrin:

Back