WOW NSX is more $$$ than a Porsche!!

troll (trol) Folklore

a supernatural being, as a giant or dwarf, living in a cave

To close to call. So far.:smile:

Damn tbromley, you really do know your stuff when it comes to the older Porsches.

Not only would I like to see it but I'd like to ride in it Jason. You bet. I was laughing when I read Shawn's response to NSX1 - that was pretty funny - we love ya Shawn....no dis dude.

Thanks, tbromley... My NSX was fortunate enough to be presented the "People's Choice" award at NSXPO 2008 Portland.

Here is a teaser video that you may have seen...

<object width="400" height="230"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3864415&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3864415&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="230"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/3864415">NSX1</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/phushizzle">PhuShizzle</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

awesome video!!!!!!

Why didnt i see it up on Youtube???

Jman

Thanks, tbromley... My NSX was fortunate enough to be presented the "People's Choice" award at NSXPO 2008 Portland.

<EMBED height=230 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=400 src=http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3864415&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1 allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>NSX1 from PhuShizzle on Vimeo.

Damn tbromley, you really do know your stuff when it comes to the older Porsches.

Well I studied them a long time and read all kinds of stuff and was on a list serve - not near as good as this for about 7 years. I still read about them. So I guess you have to learn something when you work at it.

Now I'm learning aboutg our prized NSXs - what a great trip it is too.

Thanks but you know I learn from all the Primers all the time! It's easy to learn when you are passionate about something like cars. I love em all but especially the NSX!

<EMBED height=230 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=400 src=http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=3864415&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1 allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>NSX1 from PhuShizzle on Vimeo.

Super teaser Steve, you have to be proud of that - pretty high honor I'd say - congrats! You gotta love this stuff - right Jason. I really like you car - is it yellow interior or black?

Last edited:
awesome video!!!!!!

Why didnt i see it up on Youtube???

Jman

Phu could not post it on YouTube because of the copywrited audio track from Transformers.

Super teaser Steve, you have to be proud of that - pretty high honor I'd say - congrats! You gotta love this stuff - right Jason. I really like you car - is it yellow interior or black?

nsx-r_seats_018_800.jpg

Whats that link to that video? I cant see it, damn it man.

Tim you know your cars like a glove. and I dont see that guy talking back after he got ripped a new one.

if he even has a porsche it gotta be a 914 LOL POS

the difference between porsches and NSX is easy has to include/understand, porsches is a car produced with the chain and in great quantity, the NSX is built with the hand with highly specialized mechanics (200 workmen), it was produced has 18000 specimens with parts especially studied for the NSX, it there does not have standard part except belts, oil filter, candles… moreover, the parts are built out of aluminium, in +, the NSX is single, porsches is a banal car with many parts VW standards
this explains why the costs maintenance of the NSX is comparable has Ferrari but, Ferrari with 50K miles will have cost 4 X the price of the talks carried out by a NSX of 200K miles… the NSX is here the supercar most reliable sport and most solid…! porsches and NSX, it's to mix the cloths and the napkins!

Mine is black interior. I kinda want to keep it stock for now. Eventually I will put in some light weight components but I myself have some weight shedding to do. Seems my 50lbs will be the cheapest mod of all! :)

Phu could not post it on YouTube because of the copywrited audio track from Transformers.

Its too good a video to not have published on youtube. Would be nice if I could get a copy somehow. Do you know where I can download a copy to my harddrive?

nsx-r_seats_018_800.jpg

Great teaser, I love the background music. its like I was waiting for the NSX to start its take-off run down the Runway. then raise is landing gear and disapear into the sky. Nice job.

Great interior NSX1 - just really fine. Glad it's black!

No dis to the guys with yellow interiors but man you gotta be young to own yellow interiors cause they might just cause a caniption in an older dude. Might be just a bit too much of a "wake up" call in the morning or after a wild nite with residual hangover attached - whew. Now I don't know about the IMOLA organge interior some say it's more subdued and the pictures are usually over exposed, etc. but if it's anything like the yellow - uhmmmm- it's bright as in where's the switch bright.

But like I always say there's a car out there for everyone! Glad they're different combos and different thinking folks to own them. :wink:

A "teaser" from PhuShizzle??? LOLOLOLO

That means ends right there ... :biggrin::biggrin:

One thing, our NSX are special, exotic, fast enough, etc etc .. but come on, the GT3's - GT2's are PHENOMENAL machines ... we are STUCK IN TIME, while the Pcars are moving fwd so, let's be realistic here shall we :)

Oscar

One thing, our NSX are special, exotic, fast enough, etc etc .. but come on, the GT3's - GT2's are PHENOMENAL machines ... we are STUCK IN TIME, while the Pcars are moving fwd so, let's be realistic here shall we :)

Oscar

Right you are Oscar - and sigh is a good reply. Heck even the basic Carrera 997.2 is amazing and it's the base model - go to the S and it's even more fantastic with almost 400 hp. We are surely stuck in time - how sad it is. Honda has a lot to make up for with the "new" model if it ever comes!

Sigh....

I would love for the New NSX when it comes out had a V12 ,, if its has a V12 I wouldnt have to get new amps as my Alpines are V12's LOL

Wow, you guys are harsh. Both cars are great whether it is a NSX or Porsche. I would only buy a 930 turbo, 997 turbo, or GT3 if I would get one. The air cooled cars are pretty cool but good luck if you live in a hot climate(Las Vegas? Good luck) Some Porsches do run forever but many of them have some problems that can scare the bejesus out of you. The NSX is a great car but it is aging some. I actually intend on upgrading to a nice turbo or GT3 at some point as my funds make sense. I sat in my friend's GT3 and I thought it was pretty sweet on the inside, nevermind how it drove.

I have driven my car quite frequently too so I know the limits on my car better than most. If you like to track your car a Porsche is a good car for that as well. If you want a show car to just collect dust then Porsches aren't all they are cracked up to be. Many say they all look the same. I can see that arguement too.

I will finish by saying both cars have great qualities.

Is the NSX really outdated?

If you buy a pristine NSX for around 40, and put 17k in supercharger (440hp +/-), intercooler, autodimming rear view mirror with homelink and map lights, a double din radio with back up camera

For 57k do you not have a car that still has amazing looks, AMAZING power, great reliability, all the new bells and whistles and low to nill depreciation?

Lets compare it to its closest rival - the GT-R

GTR - $85K - has reliablity issues and voided warranty for using launch control. Weighs almost 900lbs more and has only 45hp more than supercharged NSX..

GTR Service - $3K for 12k mi service vs NSX's
Depreciation - HEAVY

Is the NSX really outdated?

If you buy a pristine NSX for around 40, and put 17k in supercharger (440hp +/-), intercooler, autodimming rear view mirror with homelink and map lights, a double din radio with back up camera

For 57k do you not have a car that still has amazing looks, AMAZING power, great reliability, all the new bells and whistles and low to nill depreciation?

Lets compare it to its closest rival - the GT-R

GTR - $85K - has reliablity issues and voided warranty for using launch control. Weighs almost 900lbs more and has only 45hp more than supercharged NSX..

GTR Service - $3K for 12k mi service vs NSX's
Depreciation - HEAVY

The GTR launch control is not an issue on 2010/11 models as they have it setup where the clutch does not dump as hard.

I'm personally not a GTR fan because there is no manual but I've driven plenty of NSX (stock/modified) and a stock GTR will spank the NSX 99/100 times guaranteed. The GTR is just too fast trust me.

I still love my NSX but I do envy the GTR's power output as it can walk almost any car out there.....

rick

Say guys,

Where's our boy "jinos"- no sign of him - did "you guys" run him off.....lol. What happened....:biggrin:

Jason, you sound like you did a little research on the GT-R - 3k service at 12k miles - insanity man. Aren't you glad you made the NSX decision? I sure am.

Back