WOW NSX is more $$$ than a Porsche!!

Ive had issues with my Integra GSR a few years back. I kept getting 02 sensors failing. After the third set of free 02 sensors (the car was only 2 years old and still under warranty) I started noticing a trend. If I got gas at Citgo a few times in a row I had an 02 failure.

After the last replacement, I stopped going to citgo and there were no more failures. It could have been a coincidence but probably not. Gas could have something to do with it IMHO

Jman

Probably more to do with the car than the gas. :wink:

BTW- the OP has been gone for pages now... leave it to prime to beat a dead horse for another month or two. :)

Probably more to do with the car than the gas. :wink:

BTW- the OP has been gone for pages now... leave it to prime to beat a dead horse for another month or two. :)

I believe I've expressed these same sentiments....this is funny how we just won't let go - but then we are so fun loving and enjoy the discussion - old or new - makes no difference we just like talking and whippin that "dead" horse. We'd whip the "troll" if he'd show up too now wouldn't we...:biggrin:

To Jason's post - we used to call Citgo - "Sh_t blow"......I did a test on gasoline a long time ago and it was one of the worst if not the worst! Best was Amaco but then that was back in the day when gas was better and cheaper and there were differences in products and our country was "better" in general. Times are tougher now....I digress...back to cheerful and happy...:wink:

My 300ZX (with only 55,000 mi) was running so bad a friend asked me where I fueled up, I said Costco or anything cheap. Being someone who worked at Chevron for years he said, there's your problem, no cleaning additives.
After talking to a local Z repair shop they advised replacing injectors and a few other things. A rather expensive venture indeed.
My buddy (who incidentally owns a GTR) said, try adding a can or two of injector cleaner and start using better (more expensive, like Shell?Chevron fuel with cleaning agents) gas.
It didn't even take one can of injector cleaner to eliminate the problem so now I know for sure, that cheapo gas is ok once in a while, but it can cause problems that could cost you alot of bucks.
I only use top quality fuels in my cars now, I would advise at least every other fill up and maybe a can of cleaner once and a while!

That sucker really runs good now!

Jack

I have never put cheap gas in any of my cars ever. you get what you pay for. cheap gas now BIG EXPENSIVE repair later.

In my highschool shop class we took apart an engine ran on premium only vs one that was on regular unleaded. Same owner for both cars, so I would assume both were driven the same.. same category of car (4 door sedan)

The one with regular gas was really nasty. Valves were all gummed up, the cylinder walls had caked on deposits, the piston head looked like S**T. We ended up putting 3500 dollars of parts only into the regual gas car and only 150 into the premium gas.

When you think of the cost of ownership, MAYBE the gas cost as much over all the years, but I can afford a few extra bucks each fill up, but 3500 in parts alone is steep.

The one thing I remember about the experience was that a regular unleaded engine looks like a smokers lungs and premium looks like a non-smoker... isnt 20 cents a gallon worth not getting cancer?

Jman

I have never put cheap gas in any of my cars ever. you get what you pay for. cheap gas now BIG EXPENSIVE repair later.

In my highschool shop class we took apart an engine ran on premium only vs one that was on regular unleaded. Same owner for both cars, so I would assume both were driven the same.. same category of car (4 door sedan)

The one with regular gas was really nasty. Valves were all gummed up, the cylinder walls had caked on deposits, the piston head looked like S**T. We ended up putting 3500 dollars of parts only into the regual gas car and only 150 into the premium gas.

When you think of the cost of ownership, MAYBE the gas cost as much over all the years, but I can afford a few extra bucks each fill up, but 3500 in parts alone is steep.

The one thing I remember about the experience was that a regular unleaded engine looks like a smokers lungs and premium looks like a non-smoker... isnt 20 cents a gallon worth not getting cancer?

Jman

Great point Jason and super post! I love stuff like this....thanks!

its like using a toothbrush to sweep your 12,000 square foot home. you dont use cheapo gas in an Exotic. if you do you deserve to have costly repairs.

whats another 20 cents per gallon? sell you NSX and get a Civic.
Civics LOVE cheapo gas.
and they ride better with the 10" muffler tips from Pepboys
and rims from a honda accord 15"
and a spoiler thats higher than the car
with a cd hanging from the mirror with dice,
and Chrome door handles,
with speakers so loud your chest thumps from 6 cars away.
and Bald tires all different brands,
with leather seats from another car,
and cloth seats in the rear.
and faded paint on the top of the hood,trunk and roof
those cars are way to cool for Premiun gas.

and I am not the only one to have seen these cars, if your know what I mean

Dunno....my hooptie loves cheap gas!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkvq-20sC0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lkvq-20sC0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back