Wednesday 10 am (ish) Caravan from LA to NSXPO

I'll Be leaving Wed around 9-10 from the Newbury Park area, cutting through pear Blossom Hwy. With all the posts I can't imagine NOT hooking up with a line of NSX's. Lets see, how many would it take to stretch......never mind.

Robert White NSX-T

Looks like we have 10 to 11 cars now...

1.Ca AGNSX (Steve)

2. MarineNSX93 (Mike)

3. Kyras (Patty)

4. mcano (Mario)

5. coolnsx (Gil)

6. unagijones (Sam)

7. akira 3D (Eric)

8. YellowHaze (Steve)

9. LMR (Les)

10. bboxer (Tino)

11. Earlyapex (Robert) maybe?

With the addition of bboxer he has suggested an additional gathering point before McDonald's for the Orange County folks.

The plan would be to meet at the Target in Anaheim Hills

8148 E. Santa Ana Canyon Rd
Anaheim, CA 92808

This is just off the 91 freeway at Weir Canyon Rd. (we meet here prior to going to NSXPO in Phoenix in 2005).

Based on the drive times from Google maps if we plan to meet there at 9:30 and leave there by 10:00 we will get to McDonald's at 11:00.

So, Steve, Mike, Les, Patty, Gil and Tino is that a plan? Target at 9:30?

Steve, I prefer to just meet at McDonald's (McDonald's- 3230 Wagon Train Road, Phelan, California) at 11 am. If I leave my house at 9:30 am I'll be there at about 10:40 am. Gives me a little extra time in the morning.

With the addition of bboxer he has suggested an additional gathering point before McDonald's for the Orange County folks.

The plan would be to meet at the Target in Anaheim Hills

8148 E. Santa Ana Canyon Rd
Anaheim, CA 92808

This is just off the 91 freeway at Weir Canyon Rd. (we meet here prior to going to NSXPO in Phoenix in 2005).

Based on the drive times from Google maps if we plan to meet there at 9:30 and leave there by 10:00 we will get to McDonald's at 11:00.

Yes. The Les, Michael and me trio will meet up with you other guys at Target. We should be there by 9:55 depending upon how much VTEC time we log. :biggrin:

Now that I've been informed the McDonald's meeting time is 11am, let's meet at Claim Jumper at 9:45am- sharp!

Final revision: LMR, MarineNSX93 and YellowHaze will meet at 9:25 am SHARP at Claim Jumper for a meet-up at Target with Steve's group. Yee-ha!

Final revision: LMR, MarineNSX93 and YellowHaze will meet at 9:25 am SHARP at Claim Jumper for a meet-up at Target with Steve's group. Yee-ha!
^So, let me get this right... You are meeting at 9:25 at Claim Jumper, and then going to meet at Target at 9:30, and then going to meet at McDonald's at 11am?

I'll see you all at McDonald's before 11 am. :) Hit the head and down the road.

Last edited:
^So, let me get this right... You are meeting at 9:25 at Claim Jumper, and then going to meet at Target at 9:30, and then going to meet at McDonald's at 11am?

Patricia, you give too much credit to our ability to drive in VTEC mode. We will arrive at Target by 10 am. :wink:

Please add me to the list! I should be able to meet up with you guys at the Target...I have a friend in Vegas who offered to put me up for the weekend. But, I was thinking that if anyone had a room solo and wanted to curb their expense, we could split the cost. Also, if someone needs a seat for the ride up, my passenger seat is available. Shoot me a PM if you are interested...

Looks like we have 11 to 12 cars now...

1.Ca AGNSX (Steve)

2. MarineNSX93 (Mike)

3. Kyras (Patty)

4. mcano (Mario)

5. coolnsx (Gil)

6. unagijones (Sam)

7. akira 3D (Eric)

8. YellowHaze (Steve)

9. LMR (Les)

10. bboxer (Tino)

11. Earlyapex (Robert) maybe? (Driving from Newbury Park, may meet us.)

12. Wirewizz (John)

It might come in useful if someone has cell phone numbers in case of car troubles or no-shows. Don't want to sit around waiting. :rolleyes: I'll send mine to Steve (Ca AGNSX). If anyone wants to send me their name and cell phone number, I'll keep a list handy.

Last edited:
I know Steve planned to stop for lunch. With this many cars and people some real thought should go into WHERE we have lunch :biggrin:

I know Steve planned to stop for lunch. With this many cars and people some real thought should go into WHERE we have lunch :biggrin:

The Mad Greek in Baker is right off the 15 and has plenty of parking in their lot and near by as well as plenty of seating. They offer more than just Greek food on the menu. We stop their everytime we go to Vegas:biggrin:
If we do stop here there is also a very spirited drive that we could do from Baker to Pahrump and then to Vegas and it only would add an hour to the drive. One of my brothers has a vacation home in Pahrump and does this drive every month in his Acura TL and says it is a blast, never any cops and wide open during the week.
Just a thought

Last edited:
I have worked out the timing for a stop in either Barstow or Baker for Lunch. I am leaning in the direction of Baker as well. I thought we would make the final decision when we all meet at McDonalds.

BTW I love the Mad Greek!:biggrin:

Am I correct we will use club radios for this ride? If so, who needs one so we can try and find some spares for everyone? Gil

I have worked out the timing for a stop in either Barstow or Baker for Lunch. I am leaning in the direction of Baker as well. I thought we would make the final decision when we all meet at McDonalds.

BTW I love the Mad Greek!:biggrin:

I agree that we should make the final decision at McDonalds when everyone is there.

Moses:

I am personally planning to leave on Sunday morning sometime between 8:00am and 10:00am (hopefully closer to 8:00 but that depends on how early we wake up!):wink:

Steve, you at least need to do the drive down Las Vegas Blvd! :biggrin:
I'm planning to leave directly to SoCal when that drive is complete.

That actually could work for me too...but, since you didn't mention me, I'm just going to meet you all up at McDonalds. :D

Patty, What time are you leaving Cook's Corner? I also want to meet at McDonald's. Gil

Back