Wednesday 10 am (ish) Caravan from LA to NSXPO

Hello everyone!

I sure enjoyed the caravan to NSXPO and I hope you all did too:biggrin:

Thanks!

Steve,

I had great time with the caravan to NSXPO, thanks for helping to make it happen.

I really enjoyed the caravan too, Steve. :) Gil and I met at Cooks Corner in Trabuco Canyon, before heading on to McDonald's to meet everyone else. The drive to Vegas, with 15(?) other NSXs, was a lot more fun than going home solo, even though I didn't have any traffic. I left the hotel at 9 am.

From the caravan...

IMG_3129CooksCorner.jpg

IMG_3143McDonalds.jpg

IMG_3144McDonalds.jpg

IMG_3142McDonalds.jpg

IMG_3141McDonalds.jpg

IMG_3139McDonalds.jpg

IMG_3146McDonalds.jpg

IMG_3154toVegas.jpg

IMG_3208Caravan.jpg

IMG_3210Caravan.jpg

IMG_3220Akira.jpg

IMG_3223Akira.jpg

IMG_3225caravan.jpg

Hello All,

Yes, I too had a great time on the caravan to Vegas - THANKS STEVE R. for putting the caravan together and being the "sweeper".

I developed transmission problems at track on Sunday (lost all but 2nd and reverse). I left my car with Findlay Acura. Fortunately, I was able to get a ride back to Rancho Cucamonga with Alex -THANKS ALEX! I'll fly back up Vegas when my car has been repaired.

Graeme, we missed not having you with us for the rest of the trip and NSXPO, but it was nice that you joined us for at least part of the way.

Nice PICs Patty!

See you all at the next NSX event.
Mario

Hello everyone!

I sure enjoyed the caravan to NSXPO and I hope you all did too:biggrin:

On a side note I know I loaned a club radio to MarineNSX93 (Mike) and he and I will get together soon to get it back to me.

I also know that Coolnsx (Gil) loaned a radio to someone in the caravan and he can't remember who. Would you please step forward and let me know. That radio was loaned to Gil and he is responsible for it.

Thanks!

Steve - Any status on the 2 radios I loaned Gil (Motorola and Radio Shack)?? Thanks!!

The caravan was the perfect start to a great event. I left home nearly 45 minutes later than I had planned, but still managed to catch up with everyone at the McDonalds rendezvous.

Graeme, wish I knew you were stopping in Baker. Didn't really get a chance to talk with you.

Patty, thanks for the brownies (glad I finally got to try them...yum!) and pics of my car. I'm sure I have a few good shots of you and your car in my collection of 1000+ photos.

Mario, very glad to hear that you got a ride home yesterday.

Incidentally, I led a 3 NSX caravan back to L.A. yesterday. We ended up making an unanticipated coffee stop at the Mad Greek yesterday...I was looking for a Starbucks, but settled for a "Greek" iced cappuccino instead. ;)

Steve - Any status on the 2 radios I loaned Gil (Motorola and Radio Shack)?? Thanks!!

Scott, as I posted already, Gil lent me a radio. It had someone's name taped to it but I don't remember the name. Any way, I gave it to Tom Ford, yesterday, at Ramon's shop. Don't know if it was one of the ones you're asking about or not.

Hi there. This is Sam and I have the Uniden walkie talkie that I borrowed from Gil. I don't know if this is the one you were referring to since you mentioned Motorola and Radio Shack. I will be in Claremont for another week before heading to AZ. Please PM me if this is the one, or else I can get in contact with Steve to return the walkie talkie.

Thanks,

Sam

...Patty, thanks for the brownies (glad I finally got to try them...yum!) and pics of my car. I'm sure I have a few good shots of you and your car in my collection of 1000+ photos...

I can finally put a face with your screen name. But, what's your real name? :confused: Like I told you, you take awesome photos and I always know the photos will be impressive when they're yours. Thank you for sharing them so often. I'm glad you liked the brownies. :)

I can finally put a face with your screen name. But, what's your real name? :confused: Like I told you, you take awesome photos and I always know the photos will be impressive when they're yours. Thank you for sharing them so often. I'm glad you liked the brownies. :)

He be Eric, Patricia. Da man with the golden camera. :biggrin:

Hi there. This is Sam and I have the Uniden walkie talkie that I borrowed from Gil. I don't know if this is the one you were referring to since you mentioned Motorola and Radio Shack. I will be in Claremont for another week before heading to AZ. Please PM me if this is the one, or else I can get in contact with Steve to return the walkie talkie.

Thanks,

Sam

Sam - the radio you have is not mine, it was lent to Gil by Dave G. PM me, I can get it back to either as they both live near me.

Scott, as I posted already, Gil lent me a radio. It had someone's name taped to it but I don't remember the name. Any way, I gave it to Tom Ford, yesterday, at Ramon's shop. Don't know if it was one of the ones you're asking about or not.

Thanks Patty, I'll stop by Ramon's tomorrow to see if it is mine. Do you know who might have the other one?
Scott

Last edited:
THANKS TO ALEX FOR PICKING ME UP AT FINDLAY ACURA AND GIVING ME A RIDE BACK TO SOCAL.

Alex, it was enjoyable talking to you about the NSX, NSXPO, HPDE and life in general. You car is really really nice!

Thanks again,

Mario

PS: Thanks to Eddie for making the arrangements for Alex to take me on as a passenger.

Last edited:
I can finally put a face with your screen name. But, what's your real name? :confused:

I kept forgetting to write my Prime name on my name tag. I would remember when I woke up each morning...but my pen was in the car!

Back