Wednesday 10 am (ish) Caravan from LA to NSXPO

Patty,

Its Vegas. LESS is better :biggrin: (Don't let Spokes Man see this post) ;)

^You are a trouble maker, Mike. :wink: Maybe less is better for your tiny, little honey but we, ahem, older folks, need a little more coverage. My first job will be to cut down on the number of shoes. I'm no fashion queen but I do like my feet to be happy. BTW, when are you going? This will be my first NSXPO too.

^You are a trouble maker, Mike. :wink: Maybe less is better for your tiny, little honey but we, ahem, older folks, need a little more coverage. My first job will be to cut down on the number of shoes. I'm no fashion queen but I do like my feet to be happy. BTW, when are you going? This will be my first NSXPO too.

Patty,

I'm not a trouble maker. :biggrin: I think I'm going to round up a few NSX guys(Ramon and Co.) and take off on Thursday. We'll take off early enough to drive straight into Findlay Acura for Lunch.

I'll be there thursday, friday, and up to 8PM on Sat. I made arrangements (3-4 months ago) to meet a few people up here (Halloween Party) + Mrs. BC will fly sat night too.

Mike

Me and one or two others plan on leaving from OC on Wednesday (we're in the Fountain Valley/HB area) around 9-10 am or so. Has there been any consensus on where this group plans to meet and leave from?

Looks like we have six cars so far...

1.Ca AGNSX (Steve)

2. MarineNSX93 (?)

3. Kyras (Patty)

4. mcano (Mario)

5. coolnsx (Gil)

6. unagijones (?)

What about FuryNSX (Randy)?

11 AM, Wednesday Oct. 27th at ^linked McDonald's.

See the link in a previous e-mail, we are meeting at the McDonalds at the link at at 11 am.

Last edited:
Me and one or two others plan on leaving from OC on Wednesday (we're in the Fountain Valley/HB area) around 9-10 am or so. Has there been any consensus on where this group plans to meet and leave from?

Did you want to meet up and go to CA AGNSX house with me and then head out together? I dont want to get lost or drive up there alone, so i want to tag along with someone from the start

I like Steve's "Ca AGNSX" idea of meeting at the McDonald's located at the 15 and 138 at 10 am. This gives those who live throughout OC and San Bernardino an opportunity to meet-up at a nearby point that's on the way.

So, I am proposing a meet-up at 8:45 am (sharp!) at the Claim Jumper located at the SE corner of Brookhurst and Talbert. At this time, I will be meeting with LMR and MarineNSX93 and anyone else who cares to drive together for the 15/138 gathering place.

Not to make a big deal about this, but please plan ahead and plan on arriving to the meeting place at least 15 minutes early. With any large group, contingency and 'get ready' time is a must. Sounds good!

The other Steve

Just to be clear (for everyone's benefit) I Steve Riter (Ca AGNSX) will be leaving Seal Beach at 10:00AM PDT so that I should arrive at I-15 and Ca-138 at 11:00AM PDT.

Mike (Marine93NSX) are you now planning to leave with Steve (Yellow Haze)? That is not a problem, I just don't want to wait at my house for you if you are not comming.

Now for the important stuff...

How many of the folks in this caravan have NSX Club radios (464.55Mhz Business band UHF walkie talkies)? Historically having these has made the trip to NSXPO and the event itself Much more fun (and safe). If you don't and are interested in renting a radio PM me.

Last edited:
Just to be clear (for everyone's benefit) I Steve Riter (Ca AGNSX) will be leaving Seal Beach at 10:00AM PDT so that I should arrive at I-15 and Ca-138 at 11:00AM PDT.

Mike (Marine93NSX) are you now planning to leave with Steve (Yellow Haze)? That is not a problem, I just don't want to wait at my house for you if you are not comming.

Now for the important stuff...

How many of the folks in this caravan have NSX Club radios (454.55Mhz Business band UHF walkie talkies)? Historically having these has made the trip to NSXPO and the event itself Much more fun (and safe). If you don't and are interested in renting a radio PM me.

Yea im going to meet up with Yellowhaze and LMR in fountain valley, still gotta see if Steve wants to meet up at 845 since I think he thought we were all meeting at the mcdonalds at 10am.

I like Steve's "Ca AGNSX" idea of meeting at the McDonald's located at the 15 and 138 at 10 am. This gives those who live throughout OC and San Bernardino an opportunity to meet-up at a nearby point that's on the way.

So, I am proposing a meet-up at 8:45 am (sharp!) at the Claim Jumper located at the SE corner of Brookhurst and Talbert. At this time, I will be meeting with LMR and MarineNSX93 and anyone else who cares to drive together for the 15/138 gathering place.

Not to make a big deal about this, but please plan ahead and plan on arriving to the meeting place at least 15 minutes early. With any large group, contingency and 'get ready' time is a must. Sounds good!

The other Steve

Now that I've been informed the McDonald's meeting time is 11am, let's meet at Claim Jumper at 9:45am- sharp!

So it's 11:00am at McDonald's :confused:
Yes I have a club radio :tongue:
See everyone in 16 days :biggrin:

I have an extra registration for NSXPO paid at the early-bird rate. I'm going to cancel the registration tomorrow (Wed the 13th) unless someone wants to purchase it from me. I need to know by the end of the day tomorrow (the deadline to cancel without penalty).

Call me, Mario
Day 626-676-3000
Evening 626-355-1607

I have been waiting to see when my crew would be heading to Vegas to make an official decision on what time I should leave. Steve, I like the way you think...the first option presented that doesn't require rushing or sacrificing sleep!

I will try to meet up with ya at the McD's.

I'm staying through Monday though...so I won't be returning to SoCal with you.

I believe your from Arcadia, or near by. I'm in Sierra Madre. If you like we can drive to the McDonald's together. I can meet you at the Starbucks on Huntington or somewhere else perhaps.

Mario

Looks like we have 8 to 9 cars now...
1.Ca AGNSX (Steve)

2. MarineNSX93 (Mike)

3. Kyras (Patty)

4. mcano (Mario)

5. coolnsx (Gil)

6. unagijones (Are you going to be able to join us?)

7. akira 3D (Eric)

8. YellowHaze (Steve)

9. LMR (Les)

10. (Your name here)

Unagijones (Sam) is in for the Wednesday AM caravan.
I am leaving from Claremont

Sam,

I'm leaving from Sierra Madre, so i will be passing by Clarmont along the 210. If you want to meet up at an off/on ramp alomg the way, I will be up for it for the realtively short run to the McDonalds?

Best,

Mario

Last edited:
Looks like we have 8 to 9 cars now...

1.Ca AGNSX (Steve)

2. MarineNSX93 (Mike)

3. Kyras (Patty)

4. mcano (Mario)

5. coolnsx (Gil)

6. unagijones (Sam)

7. akira 3D (Eric)

8. YellowHaze (Steve)

9. LMR (Les)

10. (Your name here)

I'm participating in the HPDE. Since I'm a newbie, I did a search for information that would help me until we get instruction at the track. Below are links for others new to tracking their car.

Also below is advice from two Prime Members

Mike (bc777):

1. Listen to the instructors

2. Go on Youtube, find the track and put the track in your head. Learn it inside and out.
(watch the drivers that videotape themselves and learn their lines)

3. Watch other Youtube videos about lines, hand signals, apex, etc

4. Check your oil, fluids, and pads (I rec. racing brake fluid, ESP. newbies, b/c you guys will COOK your brakes fluids)

5. And drive for yourself and not for others. If you feel you can't keep up, point by, and let then pass. Don't try to do to much, and keep your TCS on.

keN SaX (NSXTASY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcano View Post
What brand(s) of racing break fluid do you recommend?

Over the years I've mostly used Motul RBF 600, which has a very high boiling point of 594F. I recently switched to Prospeed RS683, which has an even higher boiling point, but it's not available everywhere (I got mine from Pegasus), although neither is the Motul. I think the Motul RBF 600 is fine for almost everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcano View Post
Also, will OEM pads being sufficient , or is there an upgrade pad that you would recommend?

If your current pads have plenty of pad material left on them (50 percent or more), then don't bother changing them. However, it's a good idea to bring an extra set of pads with you whenever you go to the track (although at NSXPO, it's almost guaranteed that if you run out of pads, there will be someone else with extras that will fit your car). Either way, you're probably going to want to buy a set, either to put on beforehand or to bring with you.

Then, the question is whether you want trackable street pads, or track-only pads. Track-only pads offer better grip and handle heat well; downsides typically include squealing, ineffectiveness when cold, and dust (sometimes corrosive, such as with the Hawk Blue 9012), all of which may not matter for track use. Most people who use track-only pads either have a car they use primarily on the track and not on the street, or they change to the track-only pads before and after each track event. Trackable street pads don't have those downsides, which makes them usable in daily driving, and there's no need to swap back and forth. Their grip is not quite as good as track-only pads, though, and some of them don't handle heat well.

Because I use my NSX on the street as well as the track, I don't insist on the ultimate grip, and I'm too lazy to change pads before and after events , I prefer trackable street pads. I started out using the stock pads on the track, and they're okay. I've tried numerous street-track pads over the years. My current brake pad of choice is the Hawk HP+ (Hawk HP Plus). They offer excellent performance and stand up to the heat of the track, yet they don't squeal and they're effective when cold. The only downside is that they dust quite a bit, but the dust washes off easily. I've found the best prices on Hawk HP+ pads at Discountperformanceautoparts.com.

8 Days & Counting

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Beginners_guide_to_track_days#HPDE

Back