Random NSX pictures that don't each deserve their own thread

I know we're arguing semantics but most nsx owners don't track there cars. I have no problem finding tire sizes and brands I want. I can even get pretty darn good deals on high quality street tires for little effort. Most of us aren't squeezing every ounce of performance we can out of theses cars but most or at least I understand there will always be something faster. We drive them for the joy of driving them and if I lose two tenths on the quarter because of my wheel choice I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.
Btw my nsx rides beautifully on 18/19s on custom coilovers.

W are just arguing over opinions now. I can tell you I have talked to no less than 5 members here who had 18/19 and went back to 17/18, nevermind 19/20 like some do. What may be a big difference in performance to me, may not be to you. What may be good ride quality to you, may not be to me. My philosophy has always been to not do mods that take away from the car's original intent and performance. Some are willing to do that to gain looks. How much is a matter of personal opinion. Some go mild and some go wild. That's fine, I get it. I don't have a problem with that and that wasn't the point of my post. My point was we shouldn't say "that's the way to go" in a blanket statement because someone who doesn't know the drawbacks may just conclude "hey this is the way to go". It isn't for everyone. There should be an asterisk or something there. Go with this if you've thought it all out and are willing to accept the compromise. People laugh at me because I have painstakingly removed ounce after ounce out of this car for weight savings. 1 pound of rotational unsprung mass = 2-3 times that (at a MINIMUM) in static weight detrement... so the wheels and tires are one area I absolutely won't compromise. If you drive to burger king and the mall, you may never know the difference.

Last edited:
W are just arguing over opinions now. I can tell you I have talked to no less than 5 members here who had 18/19 and went back to 17/18, nevermind 19/20 like some do. What may be a big difference in performance to me, may not be to you. What may be good ride quality to you, may not be to me. My philosophy has always been to not do mods that take away from the car's original intent and performance. Some are willing to do that to gain looks. How much is a matter of personal opinion. Some go mild and some go wild. That's fine, I get it. I don't have a problem with that and that wasn't the point of my post. My point was we shouldn't say "that's the way to go" in a blanket statement because someone who doesn't know the drawbacks may just conclude "hey this is the way to go". It isn't for everyone. There should be an asterisk or something there. Go with this if you've thought it all out and are willing to accept the compromise. People laugh at me because I have painstakingly removed ounce after ounce out of this car for weight savings. 1 pound of rotational unsprung mass = 2-3 times that (at a MINIMUM) in static weight detrement... so the wheels and tires are one area I absolutely won't compromise. If you drive to burger king and the mall, you may never know the difference.

So, when will you be trading in your heavy 17/18 mess for some light weight 15/16s?

Yes, if you want a poor tire selection and lower performance in every way. You can get away with it a little with the RS because of its weight but still the tire selection is pretty poor. There is a reason most guys don't go 18/19 and the ones that do, eventually go back.

And if this isn't exactly what you just lambasted as a broad generalization I don't know what it is. It's simply not factual. I have no problem finding tires in brands and sizes I want and it rides no different in fact it rides better than the smaller setup I had previously.

And if this isn't exactly what you just lambasted as a broad generalization I don't know what it is. It's simply not factual. I have no problem finding tires in brands and sizes I want and it rides no different in fact it rides better than the smaller setup I had previously.

OK dude, I am not going to argue with you. You do what you like and I will do what I like. OK? Lets stop hijacking this thread.

Captivating kids of all ages.

7550606146_0ce5f0ed6f_o.jpg

69855d18cb7e11e1b2fe1231380205bf_7.jpg

new wheels thanks to the prime marketplace:wink:

Jesus, :eek: WOW! You don't even need to go to any CAR MEET, You already have one there! :biggrin:
LOL, yeah it is a bit surreal walking into my garage sometimes, like I'm dreaming. If it is just a dream, I don't want to wake up. :biggrin:
:biggrin: Now you just need yellow, orange, black, and white and your complete!
Almost doable with lifts, but I'd be one space short! And don't forget Midnight Pearl, Brooklands Green, etc...

Last edited:
More photos from Honda Fest that happened last weekend.

Roger's NSX
7559752634_dcb116845d_c.jpg

7559745428_988c855a06_c.jpg

7559745774_b38d3a9d05_c.jpg

Adam's 2005 NSX and my 1991 NSX (I thought this was kind of cool having two silver cars from the first and last year of production sitting side by side)
7559753052_779d844ab1_c.jpg

One thing I find interesting about this picture, with the exception of the rear bumper, is how chrome like the paint looks in this pic everything is being reflected off the paint lol.
7559756078_554cb089b9_c.jpg

Here's the article that I got these photo's from.

http://fresh2deathri.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/honda-fest-2012-2/

Last edited:
my buddy is the owner of the car and it is, indeed, Champ white. However, the car originally is a factory GPW NA2.

I almost bought that car from Ryan a long time ago.

Back