• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out with the old, in with the new...

Ryan,

Im so excited to see the finished project. I feel like its my car :eek:

Another week or two. Joe's working on the headlights now; they're working on the NSX-R wheels, the suspension and brakes as well, so I think it'll really look like it's coming together within the next week.

Ryan

Sounds like it will be done just in time for winter when you can't drive it. :smile: Do you get alot of snow where you live?

Nope - we're about 2 miles from the Atlantic (and almost as far south as Virginia Beach). It stays pretty warm here because of warm air coming in off the ocean - I think we only had 2 snowstorms last year.

Ryan

Joe just sent a new batch - need to bring him a lens cleaner when we pick it up! :D

dp1.jpg

dp2.jpg

dp3.jpg

dp4.jpg

We can't WAIT... the car looks just like we'd imagined!

Ryan

Heh - I can't wait to drive the finished car! With only 350 miles on it when we turned it over to Joe's capable hands, the 5 hour drive back from his shop will allow me to finally get to around 500 miles and open it up and see what the supercharger is like with the new headers/exhaust/weight reduction setup. With any luck, we'll just happen to find a few long, curved roads on the drive home.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
headers/exhaust/weight reduction setup. With any luck, we'll just happen to find a few long, curved roads on the drive home.

Ryan

Just wondering why your spending the $$$$ for the headers on an 02+ NSX? Ive heard it only adds a couple of horsepower :confused:

By the way your car looks sick! :wink:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Just wondering why your spending the $$$$ for the headers on an 02+ NSX? Ive heard it only adds a couple of horsepower :confused:

By the way your car looks sick! :wink:

'Cause every little bit is worth it! :D

Based on their own dynos, I think it's worth 10-15 hp; the sound is more distinct and the headers did weigh a bit less the OEM manifolds.

Evidently all the NSX-R chasis bars got installed today; not sure about the suspension. Joe was prepping to paint the OEM headlamps when I called to give him an updated ETA on the taillamps.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
'Cause every little bit is worth it! :D

Based on their own dynos, I think it's worth 10-15 hp; the sound is more distinct and the headers did weigh a bit less the OEM manifolds.

Ryan

I had never seen gains like that before :rolleyes: Ive your driving home thru NJ let me know, Id love to see that beast. Any dyno time planned?

No dyno time planned at this point - that's the thing that sucks about living in Delaware. There are some over in the NoVa/MD/DC area, but the trip sucks and I'm usually too busy to go.

Will let you know on the trip - we're planning on driving up Friday, stopping to outfit our new building and visit one of our suppliers before crashing for the night in Poughkeepsie. After meeting Joe the next AM, the wife and I will drive back in separate cars - she's called first dibs on the NSX. :)

Ryan

RyanITV said:
No dyno time planned at this point - that's the thing that sucks about living in Delaware. There are some over in the NoVa/MD/DC area, but the trip sucks and I'm usually too busy to go.

Will let you know on the trip - we're planning on driving up Friday, stopping to outfit our new building and visit one of our suppliers before crashing for the night in Poughkeepsie. After meeting Joe the next AM, the wife and I will drive back in separate cars - she's called first dibs on the NSX. :)

Ryan

Turbotrix is on your way home :biggrin: Ive brought my car there before and they are great. Dyno that beast!

Awesome conversion. Am I dreaming? Somebody please pinch me. :biggrin:

Ryan,

Unbelievable project, I have been gazing at it from afar since the beginning. I am amazed how fast this is all coming together, relatively speaking, just shows when you get everything lined up before hand, how the project takes on a life of its own. I am wonder how this aspect of the project is going My NSX-R Gauge Project Prototype If and when you finish it every think about selling Gauges or selling the template to someone like SoS for production? I think there would be a lot of interest in something like that, meaning me :biggrin:

The headlights are gonna look TRICK ! I even like the paint gun the painter is using......SATA guns are da bomb.............not like anyone cares about the paint gun, just figured I would put in my .02.

brandonson said:
The headlights are gonna look TRICK ! I even like the paint gun the painter is using......SATA guns are da bomb.............not like anyone cares about the paint gun, just figured I would put in my .02.

as if Joe's shop would use anything but the best...

Back