• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out with the old, in with the new...

supra2nv said:
congrats on your new nsx. by the way, is it me, or does the blue look wicked as hell in those pics? you have two of the top 3 colors in your garage right there dude...

again, glad things worked out.

Actually I think he has 3 or 4 of the top colors there. That's if you count the different shades of blue. :smile:

White92 said:
Actually I think he has 3 or 4 of the top colors there. That's if you count the different shades of blue. :smile:

Hahahaha - that's the sad truth. Look at the pic of my '04 facing the '05 (with my daughter at the wheel). You can see the drastic difference on the side vent.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
Hahahaha - that's the sad truth. Look at the pic of my '04 facing the '05 (with my daughter at the wheel). You can see the drastic difference on the side vent.

Ryan

Wow! It almost looks neon blue! Are their painters color blind?

The vent is the OEM color (tri-coat). I think what they did is just use some color-match computer on it and did a straight basecoat/clearcoat. While from dead-on, it looks close, it's lost most of the pearlescent effect on the refinished panels.

If those panels were just resprayed properly (quarter, door, fender, bumper) with a close match to the original tri-coat (I know it can be done, we did it on my Taitec NSX-R hood), the car would look close to 100%. Honestly, if someone bought it, paid $1400 or so to get the paintwork straight, it'd be a great deal. I can admit it drives and handles no differently than it used to prior to the accident.

Ryan

Hi, congrats on the new NSX :wink:

i must make a question, sorry if it is a lame one.

you had a 04 NSX, aren't the wheels of the regular 02+ NSX the same of the NSX-R only in different color? they look the same, i've seen personnally some 02 regular wheels, but NSX-R only over internet...can you clarify that for me, since you have both?? (sizes, weights, everything) ?

Thanks,
Nuno

So did the dealership end up running this through their insurance company or just doing it themselves?

Impressive list of parts. you may have the closest NSX-R in the US

I see the next Danica Patrick coming to a race track near you.

BTW My son thinks the NSX belongs to him.. He is currently 6. I am suppose to ask him before I take it to work... :smile:

new2.jpg

White92 said:
So did the dealership end up running this through their insurance company or just doing it themselves?

Covered it out of pocket. I believe they're keeping the blue one for a while as a demo - still an attractive car and mechanically/structurally, it's perfect (paint is just a shade off in spots).

Ryan

UnhuZ said:
Hi, congrats on the new NSX :wink:

i must make a question, sorry if it is a lame one.

you had a 04 NSX, aren't the wheels of the regular 02+ NSX the same of the NSX-R only in different color? they look the same, i've seen personnally some 02 regular wheels, but NSX-R only over internet...can you clarify that for me, since you have both?? (sizes, weights, everything) ?

Thanks,
Nuno

I've heard different stories. Supposedly the offset is slightly different (giving the car a more agressive stance) and they're supposed to be slightly lighter. I've never actually seen them side by side - my NSX-R wheels arrived while my blue '04 was being repaired and were shipped off to the body shop doing the work on the '05 prior to it getting the '04 back. Can't say how different they are, but they're the real deal.

Ryan

fkong777 said:
I see the next Danica Patrick coming to a race track near you.

Heh - you should see her race an NSX-R on the Nurbugring track on GT4 with the Logitch steering wheel.

Ryan

Update - the 2005 GPW is in my garage, complete with 6psi CTSC, CT headers, Taitec GTLW exhaust and a few NSX-R pieces (engine cover, shift knob/boot) and about 55 miles on the odometer. Comptech CAI goes on tomorrow, along with the slotted brake rotors and Project Mu pads, then I get to enjoy it for 5 days before it's off to Vince's Auto Body Works for about 4-6 weeks worth of NSX-R goodness.

Ryan

That is a stunning car, and 4-6 weeks is a LOT of goodness!

Is that for the white bottom respray and black top respray? I am constantly drooling over your car, and am sure that will not help any. Keep the pics coming!
:biggrin:

Here's the list of work TBD @ Vince's:

Front Bumper
- Replace OEM “Acura” badge with NSX-R Honda “H”

Front Headlights
- Separate plastic lens from housing, refinish silver painted portion in GPW.

Front Fenders
- Remove, weld in new metal to fill USDM side repeater lamps. Extend the wiring to connect to NSX-R repeaters, mounted in the proper location on each side.

Hood
- Refinish top to the “seam” just on the underside in GPW. Leave the underside exposed carbon fiber. Adjust as needed, do not blend GPW onto fenders or bumper (to allow reuse of OEM hood).
- Install OEM NSX-R vent (black) that was originally attached.

Windshield Pillars
- Remove mouldings as needed, refinish in Berlina Black.

Removable Top
- Remove mouldings as needed, refinish in Berlina Black.

Rear Roof Panel
- Remove mouldings and back glass as needed, refinish in Berlina Black.

Doors
- Replace “NSX” badges (by handle) with supplied “NSX-R” badges.
- Replace GPW side mirror housings with supplied Berlina Black OEM housings (new in boxes).

B Pillars
- Remove and refinish in Berlina Black

Trunk Lid & Spoiler
- Replace with earlier model (no small spoiler), refinish in GPW.
- Adapt LED light to Procar NSX-R wing (done).
- Refinish NSX-R wing in Berlina Black

Rear Quarter Panels
- Weld in new metal to fill red USDM side lamps, refinish as needed.

Rear Bumper
- Attach NSX-R rear diffuser.

NSX-R OEM Wheels
- Strip Championship White paint, refinish in Grand Prix White.
- Replace “H” decals on center caps, use new BBS valve stems and mount with OEM black lug nuts.

NSX-R Suspension
- Install NSX-R front and rear suspension assemblies. Install front anti-sway bar and torque while under load. Align to NSX-R spec (to be provided).

Rear Tail Lamps
- Remove Acura “A” logo and replace with Honda “H” logo.

I absolutely love what you're doing with your car. Not just with the components, but in how you're going about it. You have a single purpose in mind with what you're going to do, and you're sticking to it.

Props to you!! :) I can't wait to see when the car is all finished.

-Randy

I know you've poured my college tuition times probably 3 into this,

but did u consider redoing the car in Championship White? (what is the diff in whites?)

Looks to be an awesome car. Hopefully someday I'll see it at an NSX function aftr I get one, lol

FuryNSX said:
I absolutely love what you're doing with your car. Not just with the components, but in how you're going about it. You have a single purpose in mind with what you're going to do, and you're sticking to it.

-Randy

Could not have said it better myself. I LOVE IT.

rickysals said:
did u consider redoing the car in Championship White? (what is the diff in whites?)

Championship White is a bit more "yellow" than Grand Prix White - looks dingy next to it (but still a great color on its own). We thought about it but felt it wasn't worth the money to do the paint right. Plus, technically, you can get an NSX-R in any color (as well as with a stereo, airbags and AC), so we decided to stick with GPW.

The other perk is that if and when we sell the car, the spot paintwork with purpose is alot easier to justify than an a complete color change.

Ryan

FuryNSX said:

-Randy

Thanks - we're excited to be doing it. Our philosophy is that if you're going to do it, do it right and don't half-ass the parts or the work. While not a true clone (as it's not a coupe plus it's supercharged), it's pretty close and is our own interpretation of the original car.

We actually wanted to build this car back when we got the 2004 about a year and a half ago, but couldn't locate a new white one. With the wreck, it worked out for the best and we decided to plow forward with all the work.

Ryan

Ryan 100 pics will not be too many on this project. Start with the arrival at body shop with numerous before pics and dazzle us with the build pics and amaze us with the after pics. Then hoefully one of the car gurus here will get your baby on the front of Car & Driver or MT or Automobile Mag.As a matter of fact call them now so they can take pics during the build.If anybody here has a contact to make this happen Lets Go!!!!

Is your car done yet? Sorry, just being impatient. :smile:

Thanks to Joe, the car arrived at his shop today after a 6 hour trip on a flatbed from my place. I sent it up with the Procar hood and sans rear spoiler (less goodies to haul down). Work starts this week!

1.jpg

Ryan

Back