• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out with the old, in with the new...

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
umm i'm lost...the hood is BLACK and the car is WHITE and why isnt it CF then?

The top of the hood is actually gelcoated black (as we're painting it, the same as they do on the production car). We will be leaving the underside exposed CF, though.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
Quick opinion question. The lights need to get cracked open to paint the GPW on the housings, so I was thinking about changing it up to these:

http://www.clearcorners.com/products/acura/nsx1/H_lamp2c/

They could be painted white with exposed chrome, but it would be a cleaner look against the white car than the stock amber pieces. Any thoughts?

Ryan

I've always liked the stock look, but that's just me.

Just got a pic from Joe I felt was pretty cool; shows them fitting the NSX-R side marker lamps and the beginnings of the patch up front to dump the USDM lamps. Realize all this is happening with less than 350 miles on the car!

fender.jpg

Will post more as I get updates. I did end up ordering a set of headlights from clearcorners.com - with the appropriate NSX-R style white painted portion in addition to the rest of their mods. Will look very clean against the white car.

Ryan

WOW! Looks great! When will your headlamps be here? I'd like to see them installed. I've never been a big fan of them, but I'm sure they'll look great on your car. You have more guts than I do to cut into a brand new car. :smile:

Glad to see Joe's making good progress on it (not just because mine is waiting for yours to be done to get in :) ). Keep those pics coming Ryan...
- Jon

Note: car not sitting directly on jack stand. We have cardboard between the stand head and car.(See by front caliper). Look ma, no marks!

Super cool. It should look great when it is done. Although I doubt I would have had the stomach to do that to a brand new car....I am still eager to see when it is done. Good job, Ryan! :)

White92 said:
WOW! Looks great! When will your headlamps be here? I'd like to see them installed. I've never been a big fan of them, but I'm sure they'll look great on your car. You have more guts than I do to cut into a brand new car. :smile:

Headlamps will be here in a couple weeks. We're having a custom version done; the paintwork will be just like the NSX-R (chrome with white) in addition to the LED mods. I think it'll actually look cleaner on this car because it won't have the amber lens. Also doing the taillamp LED mod too.

Ryan

Meeyatch1 said:
Super cool. It should look great when it is done. Although I doubt I would have had the stomach to do that to a brand new car....I am still eager to see when it is done. Good job, Ryan! :)

Just takes lots of practice - remember how much I'd had done to the S2000 within 2000 miles? :)

Ryan

RyanITV said:
Just takes lots of practice - remember how much I'd had done to the S2000 within 2000 miles? :)

Ryan

LOL!! Good point. That car was over the top...but amazingly well done. Now...if I can just find that winning Power Ball ticket.... ;)

rickysals said:
does said S2000 have pics?? :D:D

Here's some of it all stickered up for a HIN show (when in Rome...):

gv1.jpg

gv2.jpg

gv3.jpg

Loads of really nice parts on it (Mugen hardtop, Mugen CF hood, Mugen CF wing, 1 of 2 Cavalleresco body kits in the country, JIC FLT-A2, CTSC + AC, CT I/H/E, custom interior, custom sound system, SSR GT3s). Car was a blast to drive but started collecting dust when we got the first NSX.

Ryan

Yep...that is the S2000. Pretty much every car Ryan modifies ends up amazing. :cool:

Are you going to put stickers all over the NSX when it is done?

White92 said:
haha! Good. I was just making sure. :wink: :biggrin:

The stickers for 3 months served their purpose. Paid nowhere near retail for the SC on the NSX! :)

Ryan

Very nice S2K Ryan, can't tell what brakes those are?

- Jon

TurboLexus said:
Very nice S2K Ryan, can't tell what brakes those are?

- Jon

They're red ones. :smile: Jon, what do you have planned for yours?

White92 said:
They're red ones. :smile: Jon, what do you have planned for yours?

Only have it a couple wks, but I picked up a Zanardi steering wheel, NSX-R boot, '02 shift knob, SoS/Stacy's cluster rings, SoS cf cluster garnish, CD chgr, '02 wheels, NW Auto Leather handbrake, and I went through and replaced every little clip and fastener that wasn't perfect. More to come, but it's nothing like Ryan's...and I don't want to sidetrack his thread. Ryan, post up more pics as you get them buddy.
- Jon

Back