• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out with the old, in with the new...

Looking good! Is the suspension on yet? It almost looks like it's lifted. :confused:

Suspension's on (as of this week), but it's been on jack stands for so long, that they've not had time to settle.

Ryan

I see. Gotcha. What is next on the list?

You are going to like the side marker lights. They really light up the side of the road and make it easier for drivers riding slightly behind you in the next lane to see your signal to change lanes.

The rest of the car looks good too.

RyanITV said:
Suspension's on (as of this week), but it's been on jack stands for so long, that they've not had time to settle.

Ryan

The bumpers are not on the car. That will bring the car down a bit.
After they are driven and the oil warmed up that will change things too.
This is a very stiff suspension. :smile:
Man this car is so sweeeeeet. It stops people in their tracks.

Everytime I log in to NSXPrime, this thread will be the first I check. :biggrin:

brandonson said:
I love the hood, it looks like it is a perfect fit.

That's what happens when Joe works with Detlef's parts! :)

I remember seeing another thread about the bumpers on an '04 LBBP were slightly different than the car. When I picked this car up, I noticed the same thing - even with the side vent in the quarter. Sooo... we were going to try to get it this weekend, but Joe decided the factory finish wasn't good enough! :)

Bumpers are being blended this weekend, then it's on to buttoning up some details. It may have a chance to go to LarryB for the NSX-R 4.23s before it comes home.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
.It may have a chance to go to LarryB for the NSX-R 4.23s before it comes home.

Larry did my 4.23 for me as well. Are you sure youd want the 4.23 with the 6 spd. 4.55 might suit you better or stock for that matter. Im not sure but id double check. Ride looks insane; why are you dropping by my dealership. Lunch is on me :biggrin: My co-workers have all been following your progress as well, lucking sick

Ryan...I hope you hang onto this car for a couple of years because I am seriously focused on buying it when you are done. That car is amazing.

Meeyatch1 said:
because I am seriously focused on buying it when you are done. That car is amazing.

Seriously.... I WILL BUY THAT CAR! :biggrin:

Looks fantastic Ryan...Joe's not playin' around :)

Ryan, are the floor carpet going to be red too? And the silver trim on the dashboard.

Jin1976 said:
Ryan, are the floor carpet going to be red too? And the silver trim on the dashboard.

It's got the red carpet installed already, the new mats are floormats are waiting to go in. The dash is getting my NSX-R cluster conversion (I posted pics on an older thread, prototype pic here). Joe's got the seats and NSX-R power sliders; says the seats look incredible.

Ryan

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Larry did my 4.23 for me as well. Are you sure youd want the 4.23 with the 6 spd. 4.55 might suit you better or stock for that matter. Im not sure but id double check. Ride looks insane; why are you dropping by my dealership. Lunch is on me :biggrin: My co-workers have all been following your progress as well, lucking sick

I thought about the 4.40s, but they seem to be overkill given the supercharger. The beauty of the 4.23s is that they're OEM parts and they fit right in with the general theme of the car. :)

Ryan

RyanITV said:
I thought about the 4.40s, but they seem to be overkill given the supercharger. The beauty of the 4.23s is that they're OEM parts and they fit right in with the general theme of the car. :)

Ryan

If I'm not mistaken, adding the 4.23/4.55 gears will hurt performance when combined with the SC and it being a 6 speed (even though it may feel faster).
Correct me if I'm wrong.......

ANYTIME said:
If I'm not mistaken, adding the 4.23/4.55 gears will hurt performance when combined with the SC and it being a 6 speed (even though it may feel faster).
Correct me if I'm wrong.......

I'm pretty sure they won't hurt performance. The car should be a bit quicker when taking off (measurably), but I don't think there's any adverse effect. My reason for not going the 4.40 route was that it would put the crusing RPMs a bit too high for my taste - especially with the Taitec GTLW drone.

Ryan

Per Bob Butler:

Speed Stock 4.23R&P 4.55R&P
0-30 | 2.03 | 1.94 | 1.80
0-40 | 2.67 | 2.56 | 2.38
0-50 | 3.77 | 3.68 | 3.54
0-60 | 4.79 | 4.67 | 4.47
0-70 | 5.89 | 5.76 | 5.92
0-80 | 7.61 | 7.49 | 7.28
0-90 | 9.20 | 9.05 | 9.12
0-100 | 11.04 | 11.26 | 11.06
0-110 | 13.71 | 13.55 | 13.27
0-120 | 16.44 | 16.26 | 16.41
0-130 | 20.30 | 20.22 | 19.90

1/4mile 13.24 | 13.17 | 13.06

RyanITV said:

Ryan

youll be slower with the six speed :wink:

Speed's not the ultimate goal here - it's the whole package.

For outright speed, I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me get a new Z06. My argument is that I can't stomach the thought of smacking the NSX into a barrier at the track, after all we've done to it. With the Z06 - it's a Corvette... just fix it and keep going. :D

Ryan

RyanITV said:
Speed's not the ultimate goal here - it's the whole package.

For outright speed, I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me get a new Z06. My argument is that I can't stomach the thought of smacking the NSX into a barrier at the track, after all we've done to it. With the Z06 - it's a Corvette... just fix it and keep going. :D

Ryan

Some of the best logic i have ever seen displayed on prime. :biggrin:

car looks like its coming out awesome... looks like joe is doing an A+ job!!!

Definitely seems to be one of the most properly done nsx-r's! Especially considering this is a brand new 05!!!

Back