• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Out with the old, in with the new...

Outstanding !!!

that is a beautfiul car. nice work joe!!!
ryan you are not slinking thru my state without a foto op...
keep us posted on your moves, lunch in bridgewater would be fab.

Yep - putting this car into even the weakest of any track walls would inspire instant and unrelenting vomiting. Dont do it.

Get a different car - thats forsure.

Just got word that the LED taillamp conversion is complete, should be shipping today to head back to Joe's shop. Ignore the Acura badge, that's gone as soon as it arrives. My set is the "silver finish" - they also backlit the center panel.

ClearCorners.com LED Conversion

Ryan

Here is another wallet draining gauge cluster for you for sale here.
5576NSX-R_Cockpit.jpg

While it looks great, I don't want to get into having to explain discrepancies in my odometer (or my wife getting stopped for speeding because it reas wrong - LOL).

I'm sticking with my home-brew reversible mod:

newcluster1.jpg

Ryan

wow yours looks awesome... where'd you pick up those guage faces??
price??

also... i agree, id much rather run the usdm one just much easier in mph than km

nsxot1c said:
wow yours looks awesome... where'd you pick up those guage faces??
price??

also... i agree, id much rather run the usdm one just much easier in mph than km

I believe he made it.

Ryan...I am anxious to get input from you on how you like the taillight conversion. I too ordered it from clearcorners, although I did the 91+ conversion. Mine should be shipping anytime. It has been over 2 months waiting for them...

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Larry did my 4.23 for me as well. Are you sure youd want the 4.23 with the 6 spd. 4.55 might suit you better or stock for that matter. Im not sure but id double check. Ride looks insane; why are you dropping by my dealership. Lunch is on me :biggrin: My co-workers have all been following your progress as well, lucking sick

For the 4.23, do you lose power steering (per SOS website)?

RyanITV said:
It's got the red carpet installed already, the new mats are floormats are waiting to go in. The dash is getting my NSX-R cluster conversion (I posted pics on an older thread, prototype pic here). Joe's got the seats and NSX-R power sliders; says the seats look incredible.

Ryan

I thought NSX-R had shift lights on the cluster?

Ben said:
I thought NSX-R had shift lights on the cluster?

It doesn't have the cruise or TCS indicators. While I could do it, I'm not putting fake lights in for it - the idea is to get the look of the NSX-R piece and retain functionality (mph vs km/h, etc).

Ryan

Ben said:

According to the research LarryB has done, no. It seems to be an issue if a sensor is improperly shimmed.

Ryan

Ben said:

mines a 92 so I never had it to begin with. Why would you lose power steering with new gearing? :confused:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
mines a 92 so I never had it to begin with. Why would you lose power steering with new gearing? :confused:

That's what I was wondering, but on SOS website for the gearing, it says that it doesn't work with power steering.

SOS Website Page

An email to them asking about it got the reply that they are working on it.

If it can really be done to not lose power steering, then I'll do the conversion.

The variable power stering is linked to a sensor that reads iether the RP or countershaft,if it is not shimmed exactly right then it no worky.My power steering works afaik after our own Larry B did my 4.55 to 4.23 swap.

Interesting. Is this shim thing any competent mechanic can do? If so, then I definitely want to do the 4.23! :)

Ben said:
Interesting. Is this shim thing any competent mechanic can do? If so, then I definitely want to do the 4.23! :)

Larry B; need I say more. He did my 4.23 and I love it

wow maybe i can check it out before or when you pick it up... i live in the area and pass Vince's daily!!! if thats alright with you of course... and Joe...

Come on! Let's see some final pics! :smile:

This thread made me break the X out for the ride to work today. :biggrin:

Back