Out with the old, in with the new...

pbassjo said:
Patience. They're coming.

Dont keep us waiting :biggrin:

He is gone so and is this sweet car.
I'll leave the posting of pics to Ryan.
Thanks Ryan, it was a pleasure to serve you.

pbassjo said:
He is gone so and is this sweet car.
I'll leave the posting of pics to Ryan.
Thanks Ryan, it was a pleasure to serve you.

Come on Ryan.......give us some pics!!! We wanna see, we wanna see......

RACERnsX said:
Come on Ryan.......give us some pics!!! We wanna see, we wanna see......

Pics will come tomorrow, I promise. Had a friend of mine in from out of town, so we spent the whole day discussing a new business venture.

The car looks stunning. The quality and attention to detail are exactly what I was looking for. Wait till you see pics! Joe and crew handled everything from the brakes to the suspension to wiring the new power seats. It was a huge undertaking, basically altering the entire vehicle. I couldn't be happier with the result.

Observations about the car:

The NSX-R suspension is rough. Not so bad that I couldn't handle the drive from NY to home (7 hours, with traffic), but it does change the behavior of the car. Between the suspension and bracing, I can say the car feels as if it's on rails. Steering response and cornering is insane. Bumpy patterns on the highways suck; fortunately most roads around here are fairly smooth.

The seats are not for most people. I wear 32" waist pants and can fit fairly comfortably in the seats. You may be able to deal with a 34 or 36 inch waist, but any bigger and you simply aren't getting in the car anymore.

The LED brake lights are bright. I mean "holy crap, get your foot off the brake" bright. While I really don't mind, lets just say that I didn't have any problems with anyone tailgating me on the NJ turnpike.

I thought the NSX attracted attention on the road before - I had no idea white wheels and Honda H badges would increase it three-fold. People are just lost when trying to figure out what the hell I'm driving; it's great!

Ryan

There has been quite a bit of discussion about the 4.23 and the EPS system as of late. I have spend a lot of time researching this topic, and although there does appear to be one car that has had an issue with this, I suspect it is isolated.

If you go here:

http://www.supercarsite.net/honda_nsx-r.htm you will see in the specifications the 2002 NSX-R has EPS with the 4.23. But.... other sources say it has manual steering. After hours of discussions about this with many of the tech folks, including Mark Basch who has done more 4.23 installs then anyone, my own research, and the fact as John mentioned, his is working fine (EPS and 4.23) I have concluded this should not be an issue.

The fact is I did some very careful shimming of the EPS speed sensor for John's installation. I DID NOT use the shim specified for the 4.55. The sensor is a "proximity" sensor and the clearance is critical and also the specification is not available, AFAIK. Typically the clearance is based on the case machining when the car has the 4.06. So at this point, until I perform the 4.23 install in Ryan's 2005 I suggest we all wait.

The last phase of Ryans's project is the 4.23 install with NSX-R mainshaft and dual plate Centerforce clutch to handle his SC:). This will bring the car as close as possible to the true NSX-R theme, and meet his own personal requirements.

Over the next few weeks this will happen, based on the weather, since it is totally white here right now:). I will keep you posted.

Regards,
LarryB

Some quick pics in the driveway as we were cleaning the garage to make room for 2 cars in it again.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Ryan

Oh my oh my oh my.

I want to see the upclose and personal details on this thing from the suspension, brakes, seats, engine! Looks amazing! Now go be a whore with the camera and make us proud!

Hi Ryan,

I spoke to Joe the other day and he mentioned how stunning the car came out. DAMN!! He was right:D. Funny there is no green stuff showing today up here LOL.....

Talk to you soon.

LarryB

WOW!! That car looks amazing!! It makes me sad to go out and look at my GPW NSX and see how boring it looks compared to Ryan's car. :(

fantastic work joe, & beautiful vision & desire, ryan.
that is a sweet ride...

ENJOY!!!:smile:

Hrant said:
jalnjr said:
fantastic work joe, & beautiful vision & desire, ryan.
that is a sweet ride...

QUOTE]

Ditto !

Now inside pics with the red carpeting please :wink:

Coming as soon as my cluster is done! The mats look great - the color is actually midway between the seats and the carpet, so it bridges the two. While none are an "exact" match, it's no more off than the stock blue interior/carpet in my '04.

I think I need another car cover - I think we accidentally threw it out (was with a bunch of empty cardboard boxes). Oooops!!!

Ryan

i just dirtied myself..man, thats an awesome car...great job...

mike

Wow. Did you guys see the rear diffuser on that car. Congrates Ryan on the project and thanks for the beautiful photos.:smile:

Larry Bastanza said:
There has been quite a bit of discussion about the 4.23 and the EPS system as of late. I have spend a lot of time researching this topic, and although there does appear to be one car that has had an issue with this, I suspect it is isolated.

If you go here:

http://www.supercarsite.net/honda_nsx-r.htm you will see in the specifications the 2002 NSX-R has EPS with the 4.23. But.... other sources say it has manual steering. After hours of discussions about this with many of the tech folks, including Mark Basch who has done more 4.23 installs then anyone, my own research, and the fact as John mentioned, his is working fine (EPS and 4.23) I have concluded this should not be an issue.

The fact is I did some very careful shimming of the EPS speed sensor for John's installation. I DID NOT use the shim specified for the 4.55. The sensor is a "proximity" sensor and the clearance is critical and also the specification is not available, AFAIK. Typically the clearance is based on the case machining when the car has the 4.06. So at this point, until I perform the 4.23 install in Ryan's 2005 I suggest we all wait.

The last phase of Ryans's project is the 4.23 install with NSX-R mainshaft and dual plate Centerforce clutch to handle his SC:). This will bring the car as close as possible to the true NSX-R theme, and meet his own personal requirements.

Over the next few weeks this will happen, based on the weather, since it is totally white here right now:). I will keep you posted.

Regards,
LarryB

Great! Please keep us updated!! I might be able to ask a couple people if the 2002+ NSX-R has power steering or not.

Maybe we should start a new thread for this?

Back