NSX Prime Cribs

I live in an apt. :( I was a little down today so I ducked into a newly developing housing neighbor hood and my jaw dropped. There was some seriously nice new homes there with a golf course in the middle of the community. You know your in a nice neighborhood when you see golfer crossing signs. :D

MF-DIF said:
I live in an apt. :( I was a little down today so I ducked into a newly developing housing neighbor hood and my jaw dropped. There was some seriously nice new homes there with a golf course in the middle of the community. You know your in a nice neighborhood when you see golfer crossing signs. :D

Living next to a golf course can be a real pain in the a$$ if you don't like picking up golf balls all the time. I have two garbage cans full of balls at the present time. No broken windows yet, going on 14 years.

steveny said:
Living next to a golf course can be a real pain in the a$$ if you don't like picking up golf balls all the time. I have two garbage cans full of balls at the present time. No broken windows yet, going on 14 years.

I grew up across the street from the 9th hole on a great local golfcourse. Never had to deal with extra golfballs or broken windows, and it was great for taking a moonlit stroll to clear my adolecent mind (which, by the way, I still have)...

As for new homes in this area, I am 1/4 mile from a $15,000,000.00 home belonging to the ex-Casey Cowell. Eminem has a home near me, as well as Tom Cruise, Tim Allen, and Madonna. Also, the children of Bruse Willis and Demi Moore go to a local arts acadamy here. Same place Jewel and Nora Jones graduated from.

The is alot of money around here, but almost none of it belongs to the year-round residents. there is a huge income gap. In any case, there is a condo development going up about 3 blocks from my current home where each condo is selling for about $500,000.00 and the only visual perk is that it's on a wide river that leads to an all-sports lake. All this in a town that has 1 stoplight...

T Bell said:
I was up there yesterday, and took a shot of a few going up in Bay Harbor which is north of poet-x near Petosky!!! These things are monsters!
Are those single family homes? They look way too humongous to be for a single family (unless you're a polygamist :D)! They look like friggin castles! :eek:

PHOEN$X said:
Are those single family homes? They look way too humongous to be for a single family (unless you're a polygamist :D)! They look like friggin castles! :eek:
I'm pretty sure those are single family. We have some houses like that in South Barrington. Most are around 12,000 sq ft, and some are over 25,000 sq ft :eek:

I just talked to my friend Steve (also an NSX owner) and his significant other is from that area originally and they go back a lot for family. Those ARE single family homes, (seasonal) and that IS the area where Madonna bought a lot. This area is naturally protected (in a bay) compared to over by Sleeping Bear Dunes, where surf and wind have created over 300 foot tall sand dunes!

This pic is of a small one! about 100 miles south of that area.

Attachments

• sp20-006.jpg
    sp20-006.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 674
O-Ace said:
We have some houses like that in South Barrington. Most are around 12,000 sq ft, and some are over 25,000 sq ft :eek:
DAAAAAYYYUMM!!! :eek: :eek: That's about 5-10 times the size of my house, which I find plenty roomy (except for garage space :D). Now THAT's livin' (too) large!

What's really disturbing is that it's not just one lonely house on a big estate, but a whole street of monster-sized homes on (relatively) small lots close to each other...it just don't look right IMO.

"a whole street of monster-sized homes on (relatively) small lots close to each other...it just don't look right IMO."

It's easier to go from house party to house party that way! :D

Here is what the lake side of the dunes looks like!!!

Attachments

• overlook9%2dside%2ejpg.jpg
    overlook9%2dside%2ejpg.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 653
Some of the homes I mentioned were in bay harbor (love the car show there every year btw), and some are in the Traverse City area, and a number are inbetween (like Eminem). If anyone ever wants a great ride, as well as a decent tour guide, come pick me up and I'll show you the sights. Some of our wine country is beautiful, and the cherry orchards in full bloom are breathtaking.

I may even be able to get you into some of Bay Harbor, seeing as how it is a gated community...

Here are some summertime shots of Bay Harbor. BTW it used to be a gravel pit, and it was developed into the community you see here.

the first pic is of the commercial area. the second is of The Inn at Bay Harbor. the other two are of homes. the big building on the far left of the last picture is the Bay Harbor Yacht Club. They also have their own private golf course and equestrian club (which I'm told sucks, but what do I know)...

bay harbor 2.JPG

bay harbor 3.JPG

bay harbor 4.JPG

bay harbor 5.JPG

I had no idea that type of topography existed around that lake w/the sand dunes and bluffs. The scenery is beautiful.

What an interesting topic that would be for prime members to contribute photos of there area of the country they live in! I always enjoy looking at photos from you guys that are from the road less traveled.

Here are some nice homes in & around Phoenix. What's great is they all have parking for 4 or more vehicles, even RVs in many cases.

BTW, I think you get a lot for your $$$ here...in what other major metropolitan city can you find a 5bed/3bath, 3000+ sqft. home w/4-car garage for under $340k?

2114749_0.jpg

2111183_0.jpg

Back