nsx for sale on Prime for 7 years

The template was not posted until 2-9-09. I am certain I followed the rules at the time I first posted the Ad. There isnt much detail (I have the original STOCK window sticker--that's the detail). Its has no long list of MODs that would require a lot of detail. I have always answered any emails, phone calls, PMs or posts that was ever asked of me. Although all answers were given with respect, some may not have liked my answers.

Misunderstanding - I was referring to a seller who raised the price significantly last month after I offered to buy at asking price. I wanted to prevent any undeserved and false accusations or witch hunts by being clear that the ad was removed from Prime. I wasn't and am not "out to get" the seller, I was just venting after having the football pulled a 2nd time by a Prime member maybe with "gold rush" mob mentality who, like the 1st one, was proven to have not been honest regarding the reasons he gave for pulling it away.

I feel compelled to say that I thought the asking price was about right and I went all in on my offer because it matched most of my important criteria, was only lightly modded, and received a a good bit of recent maintenance (clutch replaced and I believe snap ring preventatively addressed, TB/WP, hoses, radio, windows, ABS, engine maint). On the other hand we agreed to remove the upgraded wheels from the deal (which I think he overvalued by $3k). Overall I felt a good PPI would ensure all recent work was not due to prior neglect, as various recent engine/transmission leaks were also recently addressed. I don't think it was priced too low nor was I taking advantage of the deal of the century.

If one day the seller appears and admits to finding a buyer for the 32% extra tacked onto the initial selling price, then I'll be proven a whiny monkey's uncle. It takes just one speculator or perfect buyer to make things work sometimes. He did say someone offered him his new asking price and he did not take that offer either...

OK as a still prospective buyer, my participation in this thread is getting dangerously close to too negative, too repetitive, and just too much. Plus I've been misunderstood twice here so I better go. Good luck Rick, I hope you find a buyer at your asking price. BATMANs I think your NSX is worth $200,000. :)

OK, just wanted to make sure nobody thought we deleted ads because of formatting or something like that.

Not to go too far off "official business" under this account, but just FYI it took me over a year of active looking to find the blue car I ended up purchasing. When you're looking for one of the less common colors and you're picky about the car you buy, you need a good dose of patience because there's a good chance that NO car out there at any given time is the one you're looking for, so you just need to wait for it to be available.

Good advice. I've found 3 cars so far in 2012 that could fit the bill so I'm beginning to think it's harder to find the type of seller I'm looking for than the type of car. Curses, sucked back in! OK time to go again. :rolleyes:

Tabasco is the owner we're not so he can ask what ever he wants for it and i hope he gets it too. If you don't like his price then move on.

As far as price our NSX is worth what current owner paid for it and how much next buyer willing to paid anything else in between is nothing but asking price based on market value more or less.

Last edited:
JUST RELEASED!

New revised price guide for ALL year NSXs in unmolested, well taken care of condition:

PRICELESS!!!

:-)

Well NSX prices have been rising... :)

I better raise my asking on next bump :)

Nsx owners are such a small group I think we hold the future of prices in our own hands. And Tabasco is doing his job. Now everyone else needs to follow.

If everyone stopped selling their NSX's for a year, it would create such pent up demand, you better believe prices would rise. LOL

Nsx owners are such a small group I think we hold the future of prices in our own hands. And Tabasco is doing his job. Now everyone else needs to follow.

If everyone stopped selling their NSX's for a year, it would create such pent up demand, you better believe prices would rise. LOL

What exactly is he doing by raising the asking price for a car that has been "for sale" for 8 years? Yes he gets lots of attention but the ad is more of a joke after all this time. It's not going to sell because he isn't serious about selling it so it proves nothing about the market.

^^^^ agree^^^^^^^^ NSX's are already rare, low miles all original unmolested one owner garage queen with all service current is even more rare (IMO)

- - - Updated - - -

I think Tobasco asking $ is fair. Two NSX's up for sale near my neck of the wood-check it out

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=94547&endYear=2014&modelCode1=NSX&showcaseOwnerId=100008316&startYear=1981&makeCode1=ACURA&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=75&mmt=%5BACURA%5BNSX%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=340750173&listingIndex=6&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=94547&endYear=2014&modelCode1=NSX&showcaseOwnerId=100008316&startYear=1981&makeCode1=ACURA&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=75&mmt=%5BACURA%5BNSX%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=341482409&listingIndex=3&Log=0

What exactly is he doing by raising the asking price for a car that has been "for sale" for 8 years? Yes he gets lots of attention but the ad is more of a joke after all this time. It's not going to sell because he isn't serious about selling it so it proves nothing about the market.

I was somewhat joking. That's a lame brain idea. I have no idea if such a thing would even remotely work. LOL.

^^^^ agree^^^^^^^^ NSX's are already rare, low miles all original unmolested one owner garage queen with all service current is even more rare (IMO)

- - - Updated - - -

I think Tobasco asking $ is fair. Two NSX's up for sale near my neck of the wood-check it out

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...][]]&listingId=340750173&listingIndex=6&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...][]]&listingId=341482409&listingIndex=3&Log=0

^^^^^^^I have to agree^^^^^^^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...][]]&listingId=340750173&listingIndex=6&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...][]]&listingId=341482409&listingIndex=3&Log=0

Geez...everyone on here wants to buy an NSX for $25K, then wants it to be instantly worth $50K.

When buying, EVERYONE wants it cheap, cheap, CHEAP...but then they want to state that values are going up and theirs is worth $$$!!!

...and nobody wants to put mileage on their cars for deadly fear of harming the value.

"F" all that!!!!

I just sold my daily...NSX now IS my daily. I bought it, I'm gonna ENJOY it...value & the next owner (IF there ever is one) be damned!

Does anyone here date a smoking hot babe but not have sex with her? In other words, as I've heard:

"Not putting mileage on your NSX so it'll be worth more to the next owner is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more attractive to her next boyfriend."

I just don't understand this twisted mentality...

Then again, if your NSX taking a dip in value is that much of a scary thing to your over-all financial portfolio, then maybe you really shouldn't be playing in this car bracket...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=94547&endYear=2014&modelCode1=NSX&showcaseOwnerId=100008316&startYear=1981&makeCode1=ACURA&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=75&mmt=%5BACURA%5BNSX%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=340750173&listingIndex=6&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=94547&endYear=2014&modelCode1=NSX&showcaseOwnerId=100008316&startYear=1981&makeCode1=ACURA&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=75&mmt=%5BACURA%5BNSX%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=341482409&listingIndex=3&Log=0

These dealership asking prices don't hold much water with me...dealers always WAY, WAY over ask so they have room to go down, but still get what they want or need out of the car.

I make it a personal practice to never feed this leech...I ONLY buy private party...ALWAYS!

Geez...everyone on here wants to buy an NSX for $25K, then wants it to be instantly worth $50K.

When buying, EVERYONE wants it cheap, cheap, CHEAP...but then they want to state that values are going up and theirs is worth $$$!!!

...and nobody wants to put mileage on their cars for deadly fear of harming the value.

"F" all that!!!!

I just sold my daily...NSX now IS my daily. I bought it, I'm gonna ENJOY it...value & the next owner (IF there ever is one) be damned!

Does anyone here date a smoking hot babe but not have sex with her? In other words, as I've heard:

"Not putting mileage on your NSX so it'll be worth more to the next owner is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more attractive to her next boyfriend."

I just don't understand this twisted mentality...

Last edited:
Then again, if your NSX taking a price dip is that much of a scary threat to your over-all financial portfolio, then maybe you shouldn't be playing in this car bracket to start with...just sayin'.

Back