nsx for sale on Prime for 7 years

I have owned and sold about 20 very nice cars in my life (about 30 other regular cars). The nice ones I have sold were in perfect condition. I have always said, I would buy a used car if I could find one owned my me. Anyway, I have always got my price (or at least very close). I have had my share of low-ballers and understand they want a deal (steal) on a nice car--can't hardly blame them. It's the guy that wants what he wants that comes along out of the blue and happily writes the check. The guy that wants a steal will just make a little noise and pass on by--they wouldn't ever get a chance to ride in the car, let alone drive it.

I greatly appreciate the support of you guys that know if I get my price, the price of everyones NSX goes up. I can hang in there. Thanks.

To say that this car is never going to sell is to predict the future.
To say that it is over-priced and that is why it is still for sale
after 7 years is accurate. The owner can do what ever they want to do
and if he wants to wait 7 more years it is his choice and nobody has
the right to decide for him.

To say that this car is never going to sell is to predict the future.
To say that it is over-priced and that is why it is still for sale
after 7 years is accurate. The owner can do what ever they want to do
and if he wants to wait 7 more years it is his choice and nobody has
the right to decide for him.

Thanks Steven. I love your website. Great Idea. Like you I have taken an idea and have created software that is used for supply chain (lean processing) in the manufacturing industry. It took years to be successful and it has been tough to stay that way. Good luck and lots of success!!

I met Rick (tabasco) when I was a Service Advisor at Tischer Acura in 2003. He is one of the main reasons why I sold my s2000 and bought a NSX. When he was in for service he could tell that I loved his car so when service was completed he offered the keys for a drive !!!!:eek: I happily accepted his offer with some reluctance too. I was scared to drive a car that was babied like no other NSX I knew of. I always wanted a NSX but as the car became older I started to lose interest in buying one until he let me drive his. I think the biggest problem he has is that he wants to sell it but often changes his mind like most of the other NSX owners, myself included. His asking price seems high but you can't criticise him when you don't even know the car or that there might be a potential buyer in the future. Freindship aside I think his car worth every penny. Monaco is one of the rarest colors, his car is in showroom condition, low mileage, original owner and no tacky mods. If I recall correctly it doesn't have one rock chip on it.

Last edited:
I met Rick (tabasco) when I was a Service Advisor at Tischer Acura in 2003. He is one of the main reasons why I sold my s2000 and bought a NSX. When he was in for service he could tell that I loved his car so when service was completed he offered the keys for a drive !!!!:eek: I happily accepted his offer with some reluctance too. I was scared to drive a car that was babied like no other NSX I knew of. I always wanted a NSX but as the car became older I started to lose interest in buying one until he let me drive his. I think the biggest problem he has is that he wants to sell it but often changes his mind like most of the other NSX owners, myself included. His asking price seems high but you can't criticise him when you don't even know the car or that there might be a potential buyer in the future. Freindship aside I think his car worth every penny. Monaco is one of the rarest colors, his car is in showroom condition, low mileage, original owner and no tacky mods. If I recall correctly it doesn't evan have a rock chip on it.

Thanks pal. Can Phanny and I come see you Saturday morning?

+1000 for Tabasco & not backing down on the price.
When i go to sell mine, i will bump up the price too. After all, don't forget this is the best Japanese supercar ever made, very limited, legendary, & a True classic.
So i encourage every owner here to start bumping up their prices & start appreciating the market value of their NSX'es. Let the fun begin!!!...:smile:

+1000 for Tabasco & not backing down on the price.
When i go to sell mine, i will bump up the price too.

We all want our NSXs to retain a high value but I have to admit I am a little confused over the "congratulatory" comments about him sticking with his high price. If the intent is to draw attention to your car for a long period of time then I can see "the point" but to bump up your price and not be able to sell for 7 plus years now - that I just don't understand. We can all list our cars for whatever we want but I find it hard to believe that someone who is serious about selling a car would still be listing it 7 years later. Putting aside the fact it obviously has a lot going for it, how many members who actually want to sell their nsx can wait over 7 years without being able to find a buyer?

The real question is when someone comes up with $65,000, then Tabasco will know for sure whether or not he wants to sell. Until then, its just academic.

Honestly though, its his car so if he wants to keep listing it that's his business. As we have seen, there are WORSE things people do to NSXs than list it for sale for 7 years.

Lol. This is great. All us blue owners should hold a premium to keep the value up hehe. Tabasco wants 65, stock, some other owner 70k for his ctsc blue, I'm keeping my turbo at 74k. The plan has been put into action hehe

I was on the wiki last night looking at some of the numbers. My color combo was one of the highest produced models for 2005, next to black/black which was highest, and the production number for the U.S. bound cars was....

Twenty eight.

Even if I TRIPLED that number for the Japanese ones and all the overseas ones, I am still at 84.

Eighty four. Eighty four of a car like this in the WORLD. And some other colors, maybe 40 or 10. It really really hit me what a truly rare car I am driving. Going to get groceries in. I should have it wrapped and put away, but I just love driving it so much. IMO, many NSX's are sold too cheap. You can say "market determines price" and that maybe so to an extent, but market looks at what others sold for too.

That's a different story although related to this thread. Anyone that has been wanting to truly sell a car will not wait 7 years. I can see a year, maybe two, maybe 3, but at 7... I guess it's more like one *would* sell it. That's a personal decision, and certainly Tabasco can do as he pleases. He is certainly not hurting anyone, and probably helping everyone. If everyone did what he did, it would make the number of available NSX's far fewer and actually raise the values.

...Tabasco can do as he pleases. He is certainly not hurting anyone, and probably helping everyone...

Thank you.

Others with their typical teenage blogging remarks should understand this. Prime, at one time, was a very high-end forum--back when these cars were truly exclusive. Throwing verbal knives from the comfort of your home reflects on you, not me.

Thank you.

Others with their typical teenage blogging remarks should understand this. Prime, at one time, was a very high-end forum--back when these cars were truly exclusive. Throwing verbal knives from the comfort of your home reflects on you, not me.

I would'nt demonize prime based on this,we have always had plenty of knife throwers across the years....we are still "high end" :smile:

I was on the wiki last night looking at some of the numbers. My color combo was one of the highest produced models for 2005, next to black/black which was highest, and the production number for the U.S. bound cars was....

Twenty eight.

Even if I TRIPLED that number for the Japanese ones and all the overseas ones, I am still at 84.

Eighty four. Eighty four of a car like this in the WORLD. And some other colors, maybe 40 or 10. It really really hit me what a truly rare car I am driving. Going to get groceries in. I should have it wrapped and put away, but I just love driving it so much. IMO, many NSX's are sold too cheap. You can say "market determines price" and that maybe so to an extent, but market looks at what others sold for too.

That's a different story although related to this thread. Anyone that has been wanting to truly sell a car will not wait 7 years. I can see a year, maybe two, maybe 3, but at 7... I guess it's more like one *would* sell it. That's a personal decision, and certainly Tabasco can do as he pleases. He is certainly not hurting anyone, and probably helping everyone. If everyone did what he did, it would make the number of available NSX's far fewer and actually raise the values.

ALthough the supply is limited but you need to realize this is not a car with high demand. The number of people who's interested in owning an NSX is probably on the decline, a lot of buyers are probably previous or current owners. That being said I hope the new NSX will spur new interest in the old ones.

Rarity alone does not automatically raise the value of a car. The DeLorean production numbers were smaller than the NSX, and pristine examples go for maybe in the 30s. There are some even more limited but crappier production cars out there, which aren't worth anything because no one wants them.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_bIn_ZgHJaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It seems many people are forgetting about the law of supply and demand. As a multi-NSX owner and enthusiast, would I love it if NSXs skyrocketed in value? Yes, and no. Yes because my cars would truly have become investments, and no because I want these cars to remain attainable so that more people can enjoy the NSX experience and understand what makes them so special. Young people are already starting to lose interest in cars, and I don't want to discourage the ones that are still into purist sports cars like the NSX. Also, I despise snobs and don't want to be associated with any, which is part of the reason I don't own a Ferrari--who often snub the NSX as "just a Honda". So let's please lose the elitist attitudes.

Rarity alone does not automatically raise the value of a car. The DeLorean production numbers were smaller than the NSX, and pristine examples go for maybe in the 30s. There are some even more limited but crappier production cars out there, which aren't worth anything because no one wants them.

<IFRAME src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_bIn_ZgHJaE" frameBorder=0 width=420 height=315 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

It seems many people are forgetting about the law of supply and demand. As a multi-NSX owner and enthusiast, would I love it if NSXs skyrocketed in value? Yes, and no. Yes because my cars would truly have become investments, and no because I want these cars to remain attainable so that more people can enjoy the NSX experience and understand what makes them so special. Young people are already starting to lose interest in cars, and I don't want to discourage the ones that are still into purist sports cars like the NSX. Also, I despise snobs and don't want to be associated with any, which is part of the reason I don't own a Ferrari--who often snub the NSX as "just a Honda". So let's please lose the elitist attitudes.

if you like a car buy it. who cares what stigma might be attached to a owning a particular brand.

i know that. but why let it be a reason at all is what i was saying.

Because we're human beings, and to a degree, what we do is influenced by those around us, whether we choose to acknowledge that or not.

Again, if I wanted a Ferrari badly enough I would have one already. I just happen to like other cars (such as the NSX) more.

well said sir.

Back