nsx for sale on Prime for 7 years

+1000 for Tabasco & not backing down on the price.
When i go to sell mine, i will bump up the price too. After all, don't forget this is the best Japanese supercar ever made, very limited, legendary, & a True classic.
So i encourage every owner here to start bumping up their prices & start appreciating the market value of their NSX'es. Let the fun begin!!!...:smile:

OK,

I got a 93 with 13k

$50,000.00 firm :biggrin:

S

Unfortunately it's not pointless for some, ha ha. a "seller" (who shall stay nameless - no witch hunts :) plus the ad's no longer here due to formatting)

FWIW, ads on this site aren't removed due to "formatting."

If an ad is administratively removed it is almost always due to one or more of the following:

* violation of site rules by the seller
* a substantive problem with the content of the ad
* concern about the legitimacy of the ad/seller

Anyway good luck with your search.

Not to single out anybody or criticize Tabasco car because I think he can ask whatever he wants, it's "interesting " that people who said they would buy his car for 65k usually say something like if they had some disposable cash or if they win the lottery....in other words, they are not buying. Such an easy thing to say when your money is not on the line.

:flamesuit on:

You hit the nail right on the head.

nsxsmall.gif

My price is fair. I know there are lots of places to look at pricing...here, Edmunds and others. Below is a snapshot of the Kelly Blue Book private party value of a 2000 NSX-T with 12,300 miles. Adding that my car is perfect (see Brandonson's post above), it is a rare color, it has all maintenance up-to-date with records, it is 100% stock and I am the original owner adds to the value. It will only get more rare as time goes by.

And for those who want to say I am just trying to get attention??? What does that mean? I bump my ad to the top every so often.

I WILL sell my car to the a respectful buyer willing to pay $65K for it. I am just as much a car guy as any of you and have a deep love and respect for this car. I do want the car to go to someone that will hopefully have the same love and respect --and be part of this forum. I will certainly give Prime credit for the sale.
------------------------------------

kbb.gif

Have book values gone up? Mine just booked out at 75K stock.

No disrespect intended but Kelly values are always above the "true" values. If you totaled it your carrier wouldn't pay you Kelly but more likely NADA numbers which are 10-15k lower than Kelly.

But I am curious about you selling only if the buyer is "respectful". What does that mean? In the unlikely event someone with 65k cash comes up but you don't like his attitude you would turn him away?

Nada lists my car at 65k low retail and 78k high retail, but it didn't even ask for mileage. Anyway that seems more realistic to me.

nsxsmall.gif

My price is fair. I know there are lots of places to look at pricing...here, Edmunds and others. Below is a snapshot of the Kelly Blue Book private party value of a 2000 NSX-T with 12,300 miles. Adding that my car is perfect (see Brandonson's post above), it is a rare color, it has all maintenance up-to-date with records, it is 100% stock and I am the original owner adds to the value. It will only get more rare as time goes by.

And for those who want to say I am just trying to get attention??? What does that mean? I bump my ad to the top every so often.

I WILL sell my car to the a respectful buyer willing to pay $65K for it. I am just as much a car guy as any of you and have a deep love and respect for this car. I do want the car to go to someone that will hopefully have the same love and respect --and be part of this forum. I will certainly give Prime credit for the sale.
------------------------------------

kbb.gif

Rick, I really am on your side in this, but Kelly Blue Book is ALWAYS high...they are flat out delusional! KBB isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

They set owners up for huge disappointment when it comes time to sell. They put the new car buyer and the dealership at odds from the start every time! Not to mention incenting private party sellers to over-price their cars, they complain when nobody will pay what they ask.

Edmunds is closer to what dealerships follow....and NADA Guide is what the lenders use to value a car for loans.

Check Edmunds and NADA. The numbers change quite a bit...

NADA: $35,400 (low) - $45,000 (ave) - $55,700 (high)

Edmunds: $48,625 (trade-in) - $50,237 (private party) - $52,944 (dealer retail)

Last edited:
But I am curious about you selling only if the buyer is "respectful". What does that mean? In the unlikely event someone with 65k cash comes up but you don't like his attitude you would turn him away?

Glad you asked. Yes.

I have had some very nice people contact me that have had true interest (Las Vegas guy). But there were some real jerks. I will not sell anything for any price to a jerk--not at this time of my life. I just dump their emails in the trash or hang up on them. Dont get me wrong, a person that offers less than my asking price is fine. It's the attidude. The guy who only want to make himself feel big by trying to lecture me. You know what I mean. Thanks.

Rick, I really am on your side in this, but Kelly Blue Book is ALWAYS high...they are flat out delusional! KBB isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

They set owners up for huge disappointment when it comes time to sell. They put the new car buyer and the dealership at odds from the start every time! Not to mention incenting private party sellers to over-price their cars, they complain when nobody will pay what they ask.

Edmunds is closer to what dealerships follow....and NADA Guide is what the lenders use to value a car for loans.

Check Edmunds and NADA. The numbers change quite a bit...

NADA: $35,400 (low) - $45,000 (ave) - $55,700 (high)

Edmunds: $48,625 (trade-in) - $50,237 (private party) - $52,944 (dealer retail)

I did stipulate "I know there are lots of places to look at pricing...here, Edmunds and others. Below is a snapshot of the Kelly Blue Book private party value of a 2000 NSX-T with 12,300 miles".

NADA doesnt ask for mileage or condition. Edmunds asks so it will be used by some as an indicator. All that is fine, but it is up to me to set the price. As some say, it is the final sale that will indicate value.

Thanks for being on my side. I am certainly not out to hurt anyone!!

Hard for me to say as I am not in a place where I want to sell, but I could see not wanting to sell my car to someone that I flat out didn't like, so I would agree with Tabasco on that.

As for it being a "fair" price, that is of course subjective. It isn't however a market price though, it is priced well over the current market value and that is simply a matter of fact. There is NOTHING wrong with Tabasco pricing it above market price, I happen to be in the camp of siding with him that he should price the car however the hell he wants to price the car; is his car and his choice.

Here are the edmunds and NADA prices:
edmunds.gif

nadan.gif

While I disagree that the color is a negative adjustment and the numbers may be a *little* low they are pretty close to on target for what the market has to say about a car like this.

Glad you asked. Yes.

I have had some very nice people contact me that have had true interest (Las Vegas guy). But there were some real jerks. I will not sell anything for any price to a jerk--not at this time of my life. I just dump their emails in the trash or hang up on them. Dont get me wrong, a person that offers less than my asking price is fine. It's the attidude. The guy who only want to make himself feel big by trying to lecture me. You know what I mean. Thanks.

Hi Rick, I do appreciate the kind words regarding our conversations in the past. As I recall, the majority of our talks revolved around life and life circumstances which is infinitely more valuable than any car. Ultimately, I had to decide whether I was willing to part with 65K to purchase my final "keeper" NSX. It seemed like the proper fit-- everything about the car was what I had been patiently waiting for. Shortly after I had considered making an offer of 64K, I lost my job of 12 years, forcing me to put all luxury purchases on hold. I have since been blessed with another job, but we all learn good lessons through tough times. I discovered a couple of precious pearls: value people over cars and be content with what we have, because they can be gone tomorrow.... Take care

By his own admission, he has already turned down respectful offers at asking price. Apparently he wasn't ready to let it go. Listing your car for sale at is one thing, but turning down asking price offers...I can't imagine that would make you very popular with serious buyers. If I were the buyer, I would think the seller is either playing games, or isn't really serious about selling.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1368094#post1368094

I own a 2000 Monaco Blue/Black
Purchased new May 2001
Number 264
Mileage: 12,256
Still looks, runs and smells new :biggrin:
Refused a credible $65K offer about 2 months ago

NSX_50_Cropped.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1369705#post1369705

It is all subjective. I had a guy willing to spend $65K for reasons he could only explain, and I was unwilling to let it go. If I had any need for the cash, it would probably be different. IMHO I think these cars will continually increase in value as the Japanese car crazies grow older and have more disposable cash, like baby boomers now are paying big for 60's muscle cars. The desire, the rareness and the condition will determine the final value. I also think as time goes on, the stock cars will demand more.

Last edited:
Why are we talking about this? If you don't feel its worth 65K or he doesn't really want to sell it, who cares? Just close the thread in your browser and move on. My car is worth far more to me than what most people would pay for it BECAUSE ITS MINE and I LOVE IT. People like this make it easier for me to ask more for my car. You should be happy.
Just sayin

This is so weird. NADA has always range a bit higher for the cars I ran. My 92 NSX is dotted at $29.5K KBB excellent and $28.9K at NADA for average and $41K for high retail. Many other older cars exhibit this kinds of pricing range too, with KBB usually hitting lower than NADA. I have never liked Edmunds because they are too optimistic for consumers and often set you up for unrealistic expectations so I never use them.

I commend Tobasco given the rarity of the color, the condition and persistence. I think this example is a clean collectors and it is not outrageous in price. I hope he will make his sale eventually to the right owner.

Hi Rick, I do appreciate the kind words regarding our conversations in the past. As I recall, the majority of our talks revolved around life and life circumstances which is infinitely more valuable than any car. Ultimately, I had to decide whether I was willing to part with 65K to purchase my final "keeper" NSX. It seemed like the proper fit-- everything about the car was what I had been patiently waiting for. Shortly after I had considered making an offer of 64K, I lost my job of 12 years, forcing me to put all luxury purchases on hold. I have since been blessed with another job, but we all learn good lessons through tough times. I discovered a couple of precious pearls: value people over cars and be content with what we have, because they can be gone tomorrow.... Take care

I want to thank you for being so kind when I was going through a real tough tme in my life. Emails and phone calls following up on my progress was very thoughtful. You are a very good guy.

Quick follow up to my "market" comments that occurred to me later; the market often changes.

One particular aspect specific to this discussion is popup vs nonpopup. Currently the 2002+ prices are higher than the 1997-2001 prices. That is something that I could forsee changing as the cars are nearly identical mechanically and having only cosmetic differences and that is often a matter of preference. It wouldn't surprise me to eventually see low mileage, late model NA2 popups having a higher market price than low mileage 2002-2004 vehicles simply because the popup is a "classic" style.

FWIW, ads on this site aren't removed due to "formatting."

If an ad is administratively removed it is almost always due to one or more of the following:

* violation of site rules by the seller
* a substantive problem with the content of the ad
* concern about the legitimacy of the ad/seller

Anyway good luck with your search.

Oops, to be clear - by "formatting" I meant what you are saying. In this case the seller didn't include the VIN, didn't follow the suggested template, was two lines long and didn't include much of any detail. Thanks for the good luck wish, I appreciate it and the work you do maintaining this site and will be re-upping my support contribution here.

Why are we talking about this? If you don't feel its worth 65K or he doesn't really want to sell it, who cares? Just close the thread in your browser and move on. My car is worth far more to me than what most people would pay for it BECAUSE ITS MINE and I LOVE IT. People like this make it easier for me to ask more for my car. You should be happy.
Just sayin

I think it's fair to say it's because this is a passionate group talking about one of their favorite posessions in a very well run educational and entertaining site. And because many of the group don't yet own one, of course not everyone is going to share the love for valuation that you describe. :) Oh the yin and the yang of it all.

Secondarily for me at least I think this thread unintentionally conjures up memories of past or ongoing buy/sell frustrations. I have no problem with passionate sellers shooting for the moon, but now that I've had a second 2012 Prime seller raise his price on me after discussion at or $500 below asking price, I get this twitch every time I read current owners raising pitchforks and torches in support of possibly overly-lofty valuations, often by those who preach that they'll never sell their NSX, and nobody should sell theirs or they'll regret it, and that's why it's so valuable to THEM! :smile: So are all of you first owners who never had to search and who had no bad buying experiences and a bottomless wallet, ha ha? But instead of me just scratching the twitch and moving on to reading about one of Shawn's ongoing builds, searching for this car, or looking at the For Sale section for the third time today, the twitch sometimes results in my hands uncontrollably falling onto a keyboard and tapping out 300 characters, it's the damndest thing. When my seller #2 pointed to general disucssion of increasing NSX valuation on Prime (by non-selling owners) and this thread especially as justification (despite both of his example cars having not sold), the twitch was a little stronger than normal.

I know this is worse than complaining about the weather because I'm imagining I might even be able to change the weather. Well, maybe if I created a nice grand prix white snowstorm to come my way it will have been worth it.

Here are the edmunds and NADA prices:
edmunds.gif

nadan.gif

While I disagree that the color is a negative adjustment and the numbers may be a *little* low they are pretty close to on target for what the market has to say about a car like this.

I agree and would say that for someone looking for that particular color combo, then the negatives would be positives, and much higher than a few hundred dollars. In this case, if I really wanted the blue/black color combo, a pop-up NA2 with interior upgrades, lowish miles, then I'd have an easy time convincing myself that Hagerty's greenline made perfect sense. Especially it being a 1-owner, if all maintenance were up to date within the last year or two, and if his location was perfect for the buyer.

picture.php

http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vc=1336207

In general to all: the content and people make this site excellent even for those who don't own an NSX yet.

Last edited:
Secondarily for me at least I think this thread unintentionally conjures up memories of past or ongoing buy/sell frustrations. I have no problem with passionate sellers shooting for the moon, but now that I've had a second 2012 Prime seller raise his price on me after discussion at or $500 below asking price, I get this twitch every time I read current owners raising pitchforks and torches in support of possibly overly-lofty valuations, often by those who preach that they'll never sell their NSX, and nobody should sell theirs or they'll regret it, and that's why it's so valuable to THEM! :smile: So are all of you first owners who never had to search and who had no bad buying experiences and a bottomless wallet, ha ha?

You don't have to justify why you're participating in an active forum discussion that doesn't violate any rules on this site. If other people don't like this type of discussion, they are just as free to close their browser and move onto something more productive. :rolleyes:

Like you, I have bitter memories of dealing with sellers who strung me along only to flake out. One of them caused me to almost pass on an NSX that I ended up buying because I focused all my efforts on his car. It's no fun, and while current owners may wish for NSX prices to go up, they may not be so happy to be on the receiving end should they sell their car and start shopping again due to regret (which seems to be a common theme around here).

Last edited:
Folks he should sell it for $70k

Other NSXs should sell for higher.

If and when ur NSX gets totalled the adjuster will look at market value of the NSX to determine how much they are going to cash u out.

I never complain about a csar being too much $$$$ when I'm not buying it. LOL

Oops, to be clear - by "formatting" I meant what you are saying. In this case the seller didn't include the VIN, didn't follow the suggested template, was two lines long and didn't include much of any detail. Thanks for the good luck wish, I appreciate it and the work you do maintaining this site and will be re-upping my support contribution here.

The template was not posted until 2-9-09. I am certain I followed the rules at the time I first posted the Ad. There isnt much detail (I have the original STOCK window sticker--that's the detail). Its has no long list of MODs that would require a lot of detail. I have always answered any emails, phone calls, PMs or posts that was ever asked of me. Although all answers were given with respect, some may not have liked my answers.

OK, just wanted to make sure nobody thought we deleted ads because of formatting or something like that.

Not to go too far off "official business" under this account, but just FYI it took me over a year of active looking to find the blue car I ended up purchasing. When you're looking for one of the less common colors and you're picky about the car you buy, you need a good dose of patience because there's a good chance that NO car out there at any given time is the one you're looking for, so you just need to wait for it to be available.

Back