Interested in a DYNO DAY?

Strapping down the car harder or looser can also affect hp figures. 15 to 20 mins from pulling the car in to the first run is not bad at all. Time goes by fast when you're having fun!

if i want hp # i'll go to my buddies dynojet.

when i tune im not worried about HP. its steady state for what the motor will do and i'll let the dynojet figure out the hp numbers :wink:

cool deal on the 20 minutes. personally i think its too much setup time for me and also the liability if something should happen with the wheels or wrapped rotors if wheels are not TQ down right.

do you have the AWD or the 2WD setup?

also for your dyno, do you charge for setup? or is it just for fun?

most people with your setup will charge a setup fee... some do not however to keep competitive with non hub dynos.

seasons greetings! looks like a great dyno day.

Last edited:
if i want hp # i'll go to my buddies dynojet.

when i tune im not worried about HP. its steady state for what the motor will do and i'll let the dynojet figure out the hp numbers :wink:

cool deal on the 20 minutes. personally i think its too much setup time for me and also the liability if something should happen with the wheels or wrapped rotors if wheels are not TQ down right.

do you have the AWD or the 2WD setup?

also for your dyno, do you charge for setup? or is it just for fun?

most people with your setup will charge a setup fee... some do not however to keep competitive with non hub dynos.

seasons greetings! looks like a great dyno day.

You might not be worried about HP but the customers go to the dyno to see their HP and torque figures. :smile: Tuning the car properly and making sure the car is running safe at all rpm is always priority of course. The 20 mins is worth it... trust me! lol :wink:

There's not much that could go wrong with the wheels. They are removed and set aside. Very simple. The rotors won't get warped. I personally have never seen or heard of that before. The hub adapter is attached directly to the hub. The hub slides into the pods. Very easy. The AWD will be available next year. Bisi is getting an adapter that will allow all 4 pods to comunicate.

Heres a link to the site... It will answer most of your questions
http://www.bisimoto.net/cms/index.p...yno-tuning&catid=38:bisimoto-tuning&Itemid=57

You might not be worried about HP but the customers go to the dyno to see their HP and torque figures. :smile: Tuning the car properly and making sure the car is running safe at all rpm is always priority of course. The 20 mins is worth it... trust me! lol :wink:

There's not much that could go wrong with the wheels. They are removed and set aside. Very simple. The rotors won't get warped. I personally have never seen or heard of that before. The hub adapter is attached directly to the hub. The hub slides into the pods. Very easy. The AWD will be available next year. Bisi is getting an adapter that will allow all 4 pods to comunicate.

Heres a link to the site... It will answer most of your questions
http://www.bisimoto.net/cms/index.p...yno-tuning&catid=38:bisimoto-tuning&Itemid=57

hey i totally understand.

customers want to see high numbers.

lets put it this way.

another nsx shop locally has the same dyno i do

dynodynamics are notoriously low for power reading about 10% lower then dynojet. Its universal rule. Also i know they read about 10% low since I calibrated with my friends dyno.

However dynodynamics have a operator adjustable "X" factor ( literally, you push X to adjust it )

it allows the operator to TURN up the power, in think either +20% or +25% of what the base reading is above and beyond the automated corrections.

anyways, this shop's dyno sheets will put DYNOJET to shame. I figure, they have a 15-20% fudge adjustment on their dyno.

I have NEVER heard of a dynodynamics number that is higher then a dynojet except for this shop.

Their cusomters have seen power DROPS when they take their car to a dynojet shop with zero adjustments or modifications to the engine.

customers want big numbers, fudge the dyno, give them what they want. What do they know? Its a dirty secret that only dyno owners know.

anyways, the warpped rotors i had in mind was due to inproper lug nut torque or uneven tq.

there is a different spec for every car, but if you only work on a couple its hard to get it wrong :)

if your getting the 4wd, its pretty awesome and will open up doors.

personally, 135K was too much for me :D start small and work your way up.

if someone wants numbers, i send them to my buddies dynojet. if they want it get their car steady state tune and no 20% bs adjustment, i can help.

congrats on the shop, you look busy.

Last edited:
What are you trying to get at? Have I offended you in some way? lol I haven't said anything was wrong with a dyno dynamics or dynojet. So I don't understand the need to talk about dyno types. If you wish you can start a dyno thread and talk about the differences there. If you don't know how the dynapak works you should contact Bisimoto. He will answer all your questions.
Here's an article for you to read as well http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/editors/technobabble/0110scc_technobabble/index.html

I don't think you read what I wrote either. I said people want to see their HP and torque figures. You need to see your HP and torque figures to compare the difference between runs. With a wideband 02 sensor we monitor a/f ratio and try to tune to our target a/f ratio. I don't care if the car makes 1000+hp or 10+ hp. If the customer car leaves with the proper a/f ratio and timing and running better(idling,part throttle,full throttle) then it came in I'll be happy. Every dyno is different so comparing two different dyno's doesn't make sense. I never said High HP or Low HP. I stated a fact that HP figures are affected by the strapping of cars to the dyno. It's been proven. Also wheel spin will skew results too. No dyno is perfect so I'm not saying the dynopak is perfect either. I've tuned my NSX on a dynojet and gone and Dynoed my car on Bisimoto's dynopak and have seen a 8hp less on the dynopak. His Dyno also reads below the dynojet I used to use. So I don't know why sending your customers to a dynojet has to do with the dynapak. So I don't have an idea of what this has to do with the Dyno Day thread.:confused: I'm not sure if you know but the dynapak is also a "load type" dyno or steady state like the "eddy current" Dyno Dynamics. It's definitely not a dynojet. Also Bisimoto has tuned more then a "couple" cars. He has tuned everyone from full drag race cars making 800+hp to Supras, Vipers, Porsches, Nsx's, etc.... I hope you are just talking to talk and not putting in a plug for your tuning services in this thread. :rolleyes:

Again if you want to continue this conversion start a Dyno comparison thread and that will allow everyone to participate. If you wish to know more about the Dynapak you can talk to Bisi directly and he will help with your questions.

909-464-1262 - Mon. -Fri.: 10am-6pm Pacific

Please keep this thread for comments related to the Dyno day. I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Heres another pic! :smile:

IMG_0325copy.jpg

What are you trying to get at? Have I offended you in some way? lol I haven't said anything was wrong with a dyno dynamics or dynojet. So I don't understand the need to talk about dyno types. If you wish you can start a dyno thread and talk about the differences there. If you don't know how the dynapak works you should contact Bisimoto. He will answer all your questions.
Here's an article for you to read as well http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/editors/technobabble/0110scc_technobabble/index.html

I don't think you read what I wrote either. I said people want to see their HP and torque figures. You need to see your HP and torque figures to compare the difference between runs. With a wideband 02 sensor we monitor a/f ratio and try to tune to our target a/f ratio. I don't care if the car makes 1000+hp or 10+ hp. If the customer car leaves with the proper a/f ratio and timing and running better(idling,part throttle,full throttle) then it came in I'll be happy. Every dyno is different so comparing two different dyno's doesn't make sense. I never said High HP or Low HP. I stated a fact that HP figures are affected by the strapping of cars to the dyno. It's been proven. Also wheel spin will skew results too. No dyno is perfect so I'm not saying the dynopak is perfect either. I've tuned my NSX on a dynojet and gone and Dynoed my car on Bisimoto's dynopak and have seen a 8hp less on the dynopak. His Dyno also reads below the dynojet I used to use. So I don't know why sending your customers to a dynojet has to do with the dynapak. So I don't have an idea of what this has to do with the Dyno Day thread.:confused: I'm not sure if you know but the dynapak is also a "load type" dyno or steady state like the "eddy current" Dyno Dynamics. It's definitely not a dynojet. Also Bisimoto has tuned more then a "couple" cars. He has tuned everyone from full drag race cars making 800+hp to Supras, Vipers, Porsches, Nsx's, etc.... I hope you are just talking to talk and not putting in a plug for your tuning services in this thread. :rolleyes:

Again if you want to continue this conversion start a Dyno comparison thread and that will allow everyone to participate. If you wish to know more about the Dynapak you can talk to Bisi directly and he will help with your questions.

909-464-1262 - Mon. -Fri.: 10am-6pm Pacific

Please keep this thread for comments related to the Dyno day. I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

wow

where did all of the above come from?

i was just chatting, your getting bent out of shape over a chat. wow buddy.

im not plugging anything. i didnt say anything bad about your dyno did i? Do you have a dyno dynamics? no, so was what i said about your business? NO.

you brought up high HP numbers and i said it like it is. Owners tweak numbers, it has nothing to do with your business.

All i said was if one of MY customers want high numbers, i send them to my friends dynojet since it gives higher numbers. If they want their car tuned right under load, i do it since dynojet wont reach all the fuel maps.

yes DP is a load dyno. i did my research and got my dyno long before you got yours.

just asking a couple of questions about DP since non of the shop owners that i know of has one exactly because of the of ridiculous setup times.

no one is trying to plug on your dyno day, i would have plugged month before it started if that was my goall. re-read my thread again with a cool head and you'll see non of which was directed towards your business.:rolleyes: im asking questions cause im curious about the DP setup. just chatting. u stressed much?

btw go fix the blinking menu in your website, its giving everyone a headache.

good luck buddy.

Last edited:
Again please start your own thread if you want to talk about Dyno's. I never asked you about your Dyno dynamics. I could care less. If you think they have ridiculous setup times then good for you. I never asked about the Dyno Dynamics and what you would do if it was YOUR customers. I answered your questions and I gave you links and a phone # if you needed more information. I'm done answering your questions. I have nothing left to say to you. good luck to you too bud.

*nom nom nom* Anyone want some popcorn?

your not down for chatting hun? didnt know you where in such a touchy mood. Its Christmas, don't get your panties in a bunch. I probably should take my questions to somone with more DP experience.

take it easy and don't let the bills and holiday stresses get to you.

In the new year, i hope you sell a lot of your stage 3 million "rom" tunes, Chinese "top speed"/ebay headers and your special super duper high flow cats.

lol im sure we'll catch up with each other soon.

Seasons greetings and happy new year to you bud. :biggrin:

ps. Start of the new year with a big BANG by fixing your blinking menu.

Last edited:
This is getting good... Sounds like the plot for the fifth Fast n' the Furious: Dyno Wars... *Passes popcorn*

P.S. As Vance would say "DON'T HATE!"

Pass me the popcorn Long!! LOL I love haters! :biggrin:

Don't flatter yourself, who are you again? 100% indifference, no hate.

just responding to your exciting sharp toned eye rolling epic trilogy of a post above #104. Got yourself worked up over a chit chat and got bent for nothing, this is a forum and people come here to chat. :biggrin:

did you fix your blinking menu yet?

I'm giving you pearls. You'll get more sales, pay your bills, be less stressed and less likely to get bent over a chat if your customers stayed on your website for more then 10 seconds. :wink:

no dyno wars, just a chat.

Last edited:
Don't flatter yourself, who are you again? 100% indifference, no hate.

just responding to your exciting sharp toned eye rolling epic trilogy of a post above #104. Got yourself worked up over a chit chat and got bent for nothing, this is a forum and people come here to chat. :biggrin:

did you fix your blinking menu yet?

I'm giving you pearls. You'll get more sales, pay your bills, be less stressed and less likely to get bent over a chat if your customers stayed on your website for more then 10 seconds. :wink:

no dyno wars, just a chat.

No offense Rob but you seem to be the only one worked up...

As a person who doesn't know how either of your two are doing financially at the moment I would have to guess that your the one who is actually slow.

You seem to want to keep this going by acting immature. As much as I can't stand the word "haters" from your posts on this thread I would agree on its use.
Just let it go... no big deal.
And if you're looking for a dyno discussion.. Like Brian already pointed out why not just start a thread on it!

Last edited:
your not down for chatting hun? didnt know you where in such a touchy mood. Its Christmas, don't get your panties in a bunch. I probably should take my questions to somone with more DP experience.

take it easy and don't let the bills and holiday stresses get to you.

In the new year, i hope you sell a lot of your stage 3 million "rom" tunes, Chinese "top speed"/ebay headers and your special super duper high flow cats.

lol im sure we'll catch up with each other soon.

Seasons greetings and happy new year to you bud. :biggrin:

ps. Start of the new year with a big BANG by fixing your blinking menu.

How many different types of dynometers are they? 2 or more? I have used 2 different types, do they have more than that? If so I would like to see how close my numbers are from one Dyno to another...

How many different types of dynometers are they? 2 or more? I have used 2 different types, do they have more than that? If so I would like to see how close my numbers are from one Dyno to another...

Baysac,

We personally use the Dynapak but there are a handful of dynos on the market. I can Think of a few Dyno's off the top of my head that are common. Dynojet, Dynapak, Dyno Dynamics, Mustang Dyno, Bosch Dyno, and Dynomite comes to mind. If you ever want to see the difference between Dyno's I have access to all of them except the Bosch Dyno. However, it's best to tune on one Dyno and stick to it. You should come down and Dyno with us when we do the next Dyno Day and meet some good peeps at the same time. :smile:

...You should come down and Dyno with us when we do the next Dyno Day and meet some good peeps at the same time. :smile:

Don't forget about the BBQ!!!

No offense Rob but you seem to be the only one worked up...

As a person who doesn't know how either of your two are doing financially at the moment I would have to guess that your the one who is actually slow.

no offense taken. I don't get worked up anymore. Life is good. I find it interesting that some people are so easy to get rise out of esp. over chit chat. sticking around to see what else happens :wink:

the whole economy is slow. the shop business is a life long hobby that is paying for itself and the parts business is doing great and will be even better in 2009 :biggrin:

You don't know either of us financially. I keep my garage stocked with parts & toys instead of open space.

Last edited:
Baysac,

We personally use the Dynapak but there are a handful of dynos on the market. I can Think of a few Dyno's off the top of my head that are common. Dynojet, Dynapak, Dyno Dynamics, Mustang Dyno, Bosch Dyno, and Dynomite comes to mind. If you ever want to see the difference between Dyno's I have access to all of them except the Bosch Dyno. However, it's best to tune on one Dyno and stick to it. You should come down and Dyno with us when we do the next Dyno Day and meet some good peeps at the same time. :smile:

missed dynocom and superflow. :biggrin:

for $50 anyone can have access to them. j/k j/k!!! :biggrin:

lol ok OK! i'll stop.:tongue:

no hard feelings Mr. Prospeed? :wink:

Last edited:
Oh shoot, totally forgot about the most accurate dyno of them all...

DYNALICIOUS FTW

Oh shoot, totally forgot about the most accurate dyno of them all...

DYNALICIOUS FTW

I'm sorry Long, I would have to disagree with you because the most accurate and the oldest dyno in the world is.......

The BUTT DYNO FTW! LoL

I'm sorry Long, I would have to disagree with you because the most accurate and the oldest dyno in the world is.......

The BUTT DYNO FTW! LoL

HEY, my dynolicious was telling me my car is running with 295.1HP, and Dynapak had the same number..>!!!!!:biggrin:

Back