Insane markups on local Craigslist ads

This thread is now just getting bizarre...

Bizarre in that the sheer number of silly prices like the link you posted are in so many paces suddenly. 100K for a 60K mile 1996? Then mine must be worth $300K by that standard.

There is usually a fruitcake or two posting some ridiculous price but the sudden rash of them is just weird/bizarre.

+1.

a car that won't sell for a few years is suddenly listed at over double the previous non-selling asking price. turbo is right as its just bizarre. its going from a logical nsx market to becoming a suckers market.... in the time frame of about two weeks.

Bizarre in that the sheer number of silly prices like the link you posted are in so many paces suddenly. 100K for a 60K mile 1996? Then mine must be worth $300K by that standard.

There is usually a fruitcake or two posting some ridiculous price but the sudden rash of them is just weird/bizarre.

- - - Updated - - -

this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...9689827?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e7870fde3

Did somebody already post the 99 CTSC on eBay for $64k?

Last edited:

Not my ad. I am not tht of a nut to ask $100k for 96. Hope he gets it. Lol

I have observed that many resellers and dealers will ask top money for any car that looks good regardless of how much work was done to fix whatever disasters have befallen it.....does that mean that private party sellers can ask for even more because thier car is truely pristine....

It has become a farce now. I see that du had no bites at 68k so he bumped his prime ad to 75k. I love the marketing strategy. If nobody buys I will keep raising my asking price. Not a true representation of market values but it gets a lot of attention in threads like these.

It has become a farce now. I see that du had no bites at 68k so he bumped his prime ad to 75k. I love the marketing strategy. If nobody buys I will keep raising my asking price. Not a true representation of market values but it gets a lot of attention in threads like these.

RSO 34. As of today (3/25/2013) you are not going to find a full dealer documentation "1 owner" 04 under 25k miles with all service up to date,new tires ,recent timing belt and all original paint verified by "paint meter" for less than what i am asking. >>>> PLEASE FORWARD AD TO ME IF THERE'S ANOTHER 04 ADVERTISED LESS ANYWHERE <<<<<<<<<<<

CHEERS

People can post whatever price they want, what matters is the price it actually sells at.

IMO prices are steadily on the rise but the current spike in prices is artificial. Just dreamers thinking their NSX is worth more, and their is nothing wrong with that. They might get lucky and some wealthy individual who doesn't know or doesn't care about the market value will buy their car. Otherwise the car will sit for along time unless they lower the price.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding Du SportsCars 04', I think someone mentioned he bought it recently and now he's selling it for a profit? Can someone clear this up?

If thats the case I'm not sure how I feel about that. I do understand it's business to buy low and sell high when the opportunity arises but I'm not keen on scalpers. Plus, this is for something we all share a passion about.

Last edited:
Yes, as is a dealers prerogative Du bought the '04 from prime and flipped it a week later. Now it has been upped another $7k. If someone wants to buy it for 12k more off a dealer than they could have spent a week earlier off a prime member directly then that's a buyers prerogative. I never would pay that upcharge a week later but the uninformed might so to each his own.....

People can post whatever price they want, what matters is the price it actually sells at.

IMO prices are steadily on the rise but the current spike in prices is artificial. Just dreamers thinking their NSX is worth more, and their is nothing wrong with that. They might get lucky and some wealthy individual who doesn't know or doesn't care about the market value will buy their car. Otherwise the car will sit for along time unless they lower the price.

Just curious what is the average dollar 2002-2005 NSX under 30k miles listed for sale on autotrader,cars.com and here on prime.Base on my research, all or most 04/05 are listed north of $75K -maybe most of us are dreamers . lol. Finding a nsx with all maintenance service recommended by acura dealer from day 1 is a challenge(if you can even find one) . Face it guys, not too many owner's service their cars by the book.

Last edited:
Plus repin jerz '05 blue was just purchased from prime and is being flipped by a dealer within a couple of weeks of its purchase from prime.

Yes, as is a dealers prerogative Du bought the '04 from prime and flipped it a week later. Now it has been upped another $7k. If someone wants to buy it for 12k more off a dealer than they could have spent a week earlier off a prime member directly then that's a buyers prerogative. I never would pay that upcharge a week later but the uninformed might so to each his own.....

RSO 34. This too funny. Doesn't matter what i paid. What if i paid $10k for this 04 last month and then turn around and relist for $40k the next day - would you buy it? Based on your comment you probably won't but i bet many others would wait in line to buy 04 24k miles for $40k. What if mkt crash today like it did back in 08/09 this car may not even sell at all (sometime we loose and other time we make out) . I remember these cars had $10k dealer incentives/trunk money way back when. I had friends paid close to $70k when it was brand new. Again, does it really matter what we originally paid for the car??

^You're correct, as of now low mileage 02'+ are listing for $75k+. From what I see those ads have been up for a while though. For the ones that did sell, we'll never know if they sold for near asking price or settled for much less. Realistically they probably settled around $60-65k max, coincidentally around the price that you (supposedly) paid for your 04'.

Last edited:
According to my project there are over 40 one owner cars and at least 30% of them have less than 20k miles so finding a single owner NSX with less than 25k miles with dealer records would not be all that hard... and I'm only talking about 2004 so if you want to consider all 02+ cars then please multiply that those numbers by at least 3. I understand that you're trying to sell your car but please be realistic.

RSO 34. As of today (3/25/2013) you are not going to find a full dealer documentation "1 owner" 04 under 25k miles with all service up to date,new tires ,recent timing belt and all original paint verified by "paint meter" for less than what i am asking. >>>> PLEASE FORWARD AD TO ME IF THERE'S ANOTHER 04 ADVERTISED LESS ANYWHERE <<<<<<<<<<<

CHEERS

Back