Insane markups on local Craigslist ads

All of the sudden driving my NSX off a cliff doesn't seem so bad...

I hate to lose a friend like that. Maybe you can give me some of your aftermarket parts first so when you go off it's not a tragedy?

Recent pricing in Japan..$262k for the R.

221FB455-0B5B-4476-982A-0CD25FDBB684-16714-000004E34E07BB1F_zpse7d1868e.jpg

Last edited:
I'm hoping that owning one of the very few 02+ Canadian models produced adds value to mine :confused::D

I saw all these ads today, and really I thought to myself that these are fake. What are the odds of so many low mileage NSXs in the bay area hitting CL in a week? and $125k for a used NSX? Someone is trying to change the market price, most likely for insurance purposes... At $125k Why wouldn't someone just wait for the new NSX

It's not just the Craigslist ads. Prices are definitely creeping up. Don't sell your NSX's people.

Well I don't think du sports cars is affecting pricing in Japan unless he is a warlock with a lot more power than we think. LOL...

There is some clear evidence that prices are certainly NOT going down and the clean low mileage late model cars are the ones that are getting the biggest increase.

Or maybe it was just Tabasco's firmness that has lifted the whole ceiling. :D

It's not just the Craigslist ads. Prices are definitely creeping up. Don't sell your NSX's people.

They can creep up all they want but until they start selling at these inflated prices this "trend" is meaningless. Still waiting to see what actual price du can flip his yellow for since his is listed in the op post. I think he took my kbb price from the other thread and used that for his CL ad to try to catch a fish since it is 7k higher than his prime listing and 12k more than he paid when he bought it the week before from a member here.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe it was just Tabasco's firmness that has lifted the whole ceiling. :D

Looking forward to seeing multiple for sale threads bumped every month for 7years........:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Is this an 02+ or across the board phenomena?

Many are listing for unrealistic prices but they are not selling. For the most part, the only threads I close as "sold" in the marketplace are the ones priced in line with actual market value.

- - - Updated - - -

or try to be like the Du Sportscar guy and use nsxprime to try to artificially raise these prices with hype ;)

And here I was thinking I was the only one who noticed this......

Bob First of all, stop being a party pooper. LOL

Second, I think we can say with certainty that prices are at the very least not going down. The prices in Japan seem to have been steadily increasing. And I have seen low mileage 02+ cars selling for quite a bit across the country. I am not saying that some of these ads may not be inflated, I am just saying there is a general slow trend of up. You can also see it in Haggarty's pricing charts. Those are based on actual cars sold.

Last edited:
Bob First of all, stop being a party pooper. LOL

Second, I think we can say with certainty that prices are at the very least not going down. The prices in Japan seem to have been steadily increasing. And I have seen low mileage 02+ cars selling for quite a bit across the country. I am not saying that some of these ads may not be inflated, I am just saying there is a general slow trend of up. You can also see it in Haggarty's pricing charts. Those are based on actual cars sold.

This is more likely due to the more drastic pricing drops seen 2008-2010 after the markets blew up and these types of cars were going for "artificially" reduced pricing. Look at how the 360 prices were during that time frame. Now with the markets at an all time high the increased pricing is a similar "artificial" market blip since there are some making money despite the economy not being as turned around as the markets suggest. It is more a reaction to perceived wealth growth than vehicle appreciation and a correction of the reverse pricing trends of 2008-2010.

As for being a party pooper, I admit that for insurance purposes i like the increasing pricing but not as a potential seller because i don't plan on ever selling mine. But I do have a bad taste at times when I see activity on prime that I equate to trying to inflate pricing by touting certain things to create a false impression of market value. For every member looking to squeeze that last dollar out of a buyer is a potential new member who may have overpaid. Granted, no one is forcing a buyer to pay inflated pricing but we are a small community and I don't like seeing newbie enthusiasts falling for pricing that sometimes i equate to stock touting to get be able to do a pump and dump.

Last edited:
I have seen pricing increase overall in the last 2-3 years at a relatively even percentage across all years except maybe the middle na1 obd2 Gens.

Also agree that there was a "sell off" starting late 07. This was when I bought mine but in hindsight I wish I waited 2yrs...nevermind the 2yrs of extra ownership is priceless.

I see what Du sportscar is doing but I can't really fault the guy. I think the "victims" will end up being the newbies who should have followed and researched the market (and the car) better anyway.

Last edited:
Hey look, another NSX value thread :P I might as well join in the fun and share my thoughts:

1. I do think that the value of low mileage, well maintained, unmolested NSXs are going up in value.

2. I think this is simply due to the vintage of the car, it is getting old enough that the people who dreamed about it when they were kids now have the $$ to pick one up and are willing to spend enough to get a really good one.

3. I also think it is driven by some people who are dissatisfied with the feel of some of the modern high performance vehicles and want a simpler drivers car that is still comfortable. One BIG way that the NSX was ahead of the game was to take the headache out of owning a supercar and make it driveable. Modern cars have followed suit, but some of them have taken it too far. The NSX is still vintage enough to give you a feel that you are driving the car and not letting the car drive itself.

4. I think the guys in these craigslist ads are being overly optimistic, vehicles like the Ferrari 360, Audi R8 and similar will always keep a price ceiling on the NSX. I think that a good model NSX will eventually reach a similar price point to those two vehicles, but I don't think it will greatly exceed it.

I agree with most of the above post. However, I don't think 360s are going to price check the NSX. Some are already priced below the 02+ NSXes we are talking about. R8 is a different bird but also much newer so harder to make an accurate comparo.

Are only low mileage unmolested NSX's seeing an increase in price?

What about clean tastefully modded NSX's with some mileage?

Your membership here brings down the value of all NSX's.

anything with turbo's on a stock engine depreciate based on the following assumptions:

1. engine will need a rebuilt (after people like me post on prime my piston ring lands assuming a role in heaven)
2. it's been hammered on

Back