Infineon High Performance Driving School

Don, without the T-top, the body flexes more. Just think of it this way, open the doors without the T-top, what supports the entire chassis/frame front to rear together?

I have driven with and without the top on twisties in our dawn patrols in the foothills and the difference is significant. On street driving the differnece is almost not noticeable. YMMV

Hrant said:
Don, without the T-top, the body flexes more. Just think of it this way, open the doors without the T-top, what supports the entire chassis/frame front to rear together?

I have driven with and without the top on twisties in our dawn patrols in the foothills and the difference is significant. On street driving the differnece is almost not noticeable. YMMV

It is mounted in a rubber surround. I think your recent purchase from Dali
may do more than the t-top...

nsxnut said:
It is mounted in a rubber surround. I think your recent purchase from Dali
may do more than the t-top...

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ............... don't spill all the beans :eek: We weekend warriors need to keep a few secrets :biggrin: :tongue:

Hey Guys,

I haven't signed up yet due to problems with my brakes from my last track event at Thill. I had new Powerslot rotors from Dali which came with Axxis Metal Master pads. The pad material melted off/fell apart off the brake pad backing plates and caused some major problems. I put new pads on this week and it still shakes like crazy so I am having it checked out. Dno't think I am gong to make this event. Have fun guys.

tk said:
Novice
1) smooth (Tariq)
2) LitoG (check sent+joined Track master)
3) 02#154 (check sent+joined Track master)
4) Norcalwhite
5) EK
6) Binh (check sent+joined Track master)
7) NSX-Tuner (check sent+joined Track master)
8) bnesse (waiting TM membership ack)
9) RonNRaiders - Novice (Paypal accepted+got TM membership)

Intermediate
1) Allen Shim
2) RichA
3) Racer NSX
4) DonD - (money sent)

Advanced
1) SFNSXguy
2) LIKE007
3) Kip Olson
4) 2slow2speed
5) Mark/Trevor A

Spectating (chickens):mad:
1.) tk - wife said 'no money' :frown:
2.) Ashik

Hoping to Instruct
1.) KenjiMR
2.) titaniumdave

And no pressure right ......... :confused: :wink:

2.) yaynsx- Novice
3.) L5-S1NSX
4.) Dan H. - Novice

9.) RavnNSX - Novice

12) Daves_X

17) DonH (from lists) - Novice
18) Butts - Advanced - schedule conflict looming

20) NSFRBLX - Novice

22) spartan2-3: Novice (work pending)

24) juejaimon - Novice

27) NChhotu - Novice
28) KIngels - Advanced
29) MRamsey -1 - Novice
30) MRasmey -2 - Novice

33) randomharmony - Novice
34) white93nsx - Advanced
35) fredc - novice
36) BarryL -1 - Intermediate
37) BarryL -2 - Novice
38) Litespeeds - Intermediate
39) 03 raw nsx - Novice (issues with start time)

41) NSXGOD (pending SC kit) - Advanced
42) Alex Vizcarra (interested) - Advanced
43) Greg Hardee (pending mechanical) - Advanced

45) David B - Novice?

47) Tony A

Figured I'd update the list :biggrin:
Really looking forward to this...

Romeo, Steve, Ariel, Nalesh, Shane, Rey, Sidney, Carlos... Where you guys at? :wink:

This should be a blast!!! First time my 100% stock NSX will be on a track for something other than a parade lap!!! :biggrin:

Mike, sorry to hear that. Perhaps turning the rotors might help; I know they are new but might be worth it. Locally, Midas turns them for $10!

By the way, in case there are unexpected last minute needs, I have a set of 97+ front and rear rotors, and another pair of rears, all turned and true with plenty of spec (ie, mm thickness); they haven't been used after turning - they are my spares/emergency rotors just in case; I have been running on the same Dali 2 piece floating RB rotors for two years now. I also have a set of new front/rear Panther Plus brake pads. I will have them at the track just in case ......... years ago Jim Grinstead had his rotor on a 91 (or was it 92) NSX break-up at turn 12 at THill ............. so it can happen especially if you have an old rotor. YMMV.

Last edited:
NSX-Tuner said:
I just got confirmation from TMR that I'm on the official roster. :cool:

This event is now almost sold out. So if you haven't registered yet, do so now... PLEASE!!! :D

Yea, Doug finally sent out a bunch of confirmations this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing your car... I think it was still stock when I saw it at the Stanford Mall.:wink:

Ron, Glad to see you're in as well... I haven't seen you since the mall meet either.:rolleyes:

I saw Rey on the TrackMasters member list, but he's remained quiet about his intentions.

Now... off to get a helmet and numbers... :biggrin:

RonNRaiders said:
Figured I'd update the list :biggrin:
Really looking forward to this...

Romeo, Steve, Ariel, Nalesh, Shane, Rey, Sidney, Carlos... Where you guys at? :wink:

This should be a blast!!! First time my 100% stock NSX will be on a track for something other than a parade lap!!! :biggrin:

Ron, good to see you'll be attending. This is going to be an awsome event. But I thought your car was in an autocross a few months back. I wouldn't exactly call the a parade lap. :D

bnesse said:
Yea, Doug finally sent out a bunch of confirmations this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing your car... I think it was still stock when I saw it at the Stanford Mall.:wink:

Now... off to get a helmet and numbers... :biggrin:

Wow, that Stanford Mall meet was many moons ago and yes it was complete stock then (except for the clearbra :D).

I'm also picking up a helmet, plus shoes and a Dali Racing cushion. I'm stoked!! :cool:

white93nsx said:
Hey Guys,

I haven't signed up yet due to problems with my brakes from my last track event at Thill. I had new Powerslot rotors from Dali which came with Axxis Metal Master pads. The pad material melted off/fell apart off the brake pad backing plates and caused some major problems. I put new pads on this week and it still shakes like crazy so I am having it checked out. Dno't think I am gong to make this event. Have fun guys.

Hey,
That' not a good reason! just put new rotors and pads on and be done with it, you have over a month to fix it. You need a better excuse than that if you track your car you know these things happen. SACK UP
See you there

I’m in :smile:

if you didn't get this email from Doug Dale, yo a Sucka,:tongue: Cuz you will miss one of the best days driving in your NSX you will ever have.

Plus for Novice, be instructed by an NSX owner...........the NEXT CHANCE you may have this opportunity will be at NSXPO in FL Oct....you will have to ship your NSX across the state when you can do it here in your own back yard.

And if your whining about cost……..to ship to FL for the NSXPO you are talking $1500-$3000 :eek: for one way and purchase your airline tickets

Last years NSXPO to AZ cost me about $3000 total, hotel, airline, track, shipping my NA-NSX, beer, a lot of beer, and a few night clubs I cant mention :biggrin: …

and if you think you need MODs to feel more like a MAN on the tracks, there will be plenty of NA/ light mod that can spank your sorry asses......I took my NA NSX to NSXPO track and Dali track......just use the list from trackmaster for what is needed, nice break pads..true rotors...etc...

Greetings Drivers,

You are on the official roster for the TrackMasters Racing event at Infineon/Sears Point on Friday, July 21. This event is now almost sold out, so if you have not made a payment to secure your spot , you need to do so immediately. If you have made a payment, DON'T PANIC! You'll receive a payment confirmation via e-mail very soon.

All payment information can be found on the 'Payments' page of the website. Paypal and Checks are accepted. If you don't get your payments in by Friday, June 23rd, you may lose your space to a waitlisted driver. All payment information can also be found at the following link:

http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/html/aboutevents.html

If your plans have changed and you are no longer planning to attend, PLEASE reply to this message immediately so we can offer your slot to another driver!

Thanks for your interest, and we'll see you in the paddock!

Doug Gale
TrackMasters Racing www.trackmasters-racing.com

litoG said:

if you didn't get this email from Doug Dale, yo a Sucka,:tongue: Cuz you will miss one of the best days driving in your NSX you will ever have.

Plus for Novice, be instructed by an NSX owner...........the NEXT CHANCE you may have this opportunity will be at NSXPO in FL Oct....you will have to ship your NSX across the state when you can do it here in your own back yard.

[/COLOR]

Oh yea... Couldn't have said it better myself.. Great opportunity. Great track and TrackMasters is a great organization.

I realize there were a few critical components that were not part of this event to get NSX owners to show up!

1) Free. You have to pay.

2) Free food and drink. Although you would get a lunch ticket and Doug offers coffee, muffins and beagles in the morning. But you have to PAY to sign up. It really isn't free.

3) Free handouts or some kind or raffle for free stuff. Again free shit.

Since I have been part of NSXCA over the last 6 years. The two most subscribed events I have been at were:

1) NSXPO at sears point 2003. Awesome. But you had to pay. This attracted people from all over... I'm sure if this was limited to bay area it would have been a bust! It takes all of NSXCA to find enough.

2) The free barbecue put on by Stockton Acura. Free food free stuff. All you had to do was commit to going, and show up. I know this was tough for some... Committing so they could get a head count for the food. They even washed your car for "FREE". This event was well subscribed... Why not... It was FREE. Thanks Steve and Stockton Acura.

What a bunch of losers. You know who you are.

And for those who had the balls to sign up and pay. I respect you..
I have a saying. "Do as you say" If you commit than show up.
In my book there's is no such thing as a good excuse.

If you are at the event, come buy, I'll give you a ride and show you the track. I believe there were some that said they wanted to show up but were not going to drive... Ok I respect that. If you do show up. Again come buy and I'll give you a ride.

Later,
Don

litoG said:

And if your whining about cost……..to ship to FL for the NSXPO you are talking $1500-$3000 :eek: for one way and purchase your airline tickets

Last years NSXPO to AZ cost me about $3000 total, hotel, airline, track, shipping my NA-NSX, beer, a lot of beer, and a few night clubs I cant mention :biggrin: …

and if you think you need MODs to feel more like a MAN on the tracks, there will be plenty of NA/ light mod that can spank your sorry asses......I took my NA NSX to NSXPO track and Dali track......just use the list from trackmaster for what is needed, nice break pads..true rotors...etc...

Greetings Drivers,

You are on the official roster for the TrackMasters Racing event at Infineon/Sears Point on Friday, July 21. This event is now almost sold out, so if you have not made a payment to secure your spot , you need to do so immediately. If you have made a payment, DON'T PANIC! You'll receive a payment confirmation via e-mail very soon.

All payment information can be found on the 'Payments' page of the website. Paypal and Checks are accepted. If you don't get your payments in by Friday, June 23rd, you may lose your space to a waitlisted driver. All payment information can also be found at the following link:

http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/html/aboutevents.html

If your plans have changed and you are no longer planning to attend, PLEASE reply to this message immediately so we can offer your slot to another driver!

Thanks for your interest, and we'll see you in the paddock!

Doug Gale
TrackMasters Racing www.trackmasters-racing.com

Thats the shit Lito you tell um!!!!! only the loosers and Future YOGO owners won't be there!!

If you singed up on the prime list to attened and don't YOU SUCK and should not be allowed in any more NSX activities EVER!!!!!!! (my opinion) as you people know who you are! have created a bad name for all who love the NSX on the west coast.

Now no one will take us seriously because of you FLAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Am Out

Steve

Last edited:
Re: Don for President

92 white 0650 said:
Wow, Don, you kick ass. I think you just inadvertently became the Sacto Chapter President. :eek:

Oh Joy...

One problem... I'm not signing back up with NSXCA. I like the nsx club but in the bay area they don't do anything... Some day I'll move up your way and well the Sacro group is active. I just cant make it to to many of your events.

I'll join NSXCA one there is something that needs membership. Hopefully soon!

Later,
Don

Re: Don for President

nsxnut said:
Oh Joy...

One problem... I'm not signing back up with NSXCA. I like the nsx club but in the bay area they don't do anything... Some day I'll move up your way and well the Sacro group is active. I just cant make it to to many of your events.

I'll join NSXCA one there is something that needs membership. Hopefully soon!

Later,
Don

Wow Don,

Some of the people are great and the Sacto are great but the club as a hole "Bites" there is very little to do and things never seem to come togather and get done.
WE do NEED a good president to get things done and make things happen!! Maybe you are the guy or Maybe Ted as well, but someone needs to get things done

Steve

Last edited:
I think some of you are getting a little carried away with your trash talk. Trying to embarass, pressure or manipulate people to follow through is not the way to do it. Haven't you heard of encouragement instead of scare tactics?

The more I read some of these posting, the more I don't want to associate with some of you. I think that is the wrong approach. Kidding or not, you have to expect that alot of people signed up because the thread initially stated who would be "INTERESTED" not whomever signs up has to go. If you don't believe me, just click on page 1 and read the initial post.

I think the NSX community as a whole likes get togethers but many feel intimidated by taking their cars to a controlled environment and exploring their driving abilities. An NSX may not be an expensive car for some of you but to others, it is their pride and joy and if they do track the car and something happens, they will really be in a world of hurt (emotionally).

I am surprised that many of you are not chiming in to at least give a valid excuse or just even to say that you changed your mind. Hate to say this but this whole fiasco is going to tear apart the NSX community. It's a shame that some of us didn't know how to address this in a better manner.

You might as well cross me off your list because I am offended by some of the comments on this thread. I hope for those who go will have a fun and safe event. Don't feel pressured out on the track like you feel on this thread.

Litespeeds said:
I think some of you are getting a little carried away with your trash talk. Trying to embarass, pressure or manipulate people to follow through is not the way to do it. Haven't you heard of encouragement instead of scare tactics?

The more I read some of these posting, the more I don't want to associate with some of you. I think that is the wrong approach. Kidding or not, you have to expect that alot of people signed up because the thread initially stated who would be "INTERESTED" not whomever signs up has to go. If you don't believe me, just click on page 1 and read the initial post.

I think the NSX community as a whole likes get togethers but many feel intimidated by taking their cars to a controlled environment and exploring their driving abilities. An NSX may not be an expensive car for some of you but to others, it is their pride and joy and if they do track the car and something happens, they will really be in a world of hurt (emotionally).

I am surprised that many of you are not chiming in to at least give a valid excuse or just even to say that you changed your mind. Hate to say this but this whole fiasco is going to tear apart the NSX community. It's a shame that some of us didn't know how to address this in a better manner.

You might as well cross me off your list because I am offended by some of the comments on this thread. I hope for those who go will have a fun and safe event. Don't feel pressured out on the track like you feel on this thread.

BTW: I agree that this thread has gotten out of hand in some ways. I also agree that it should be common courtesy to let the organizers know if people who signed up don't intend to attend the event, given that the organizers went through a lot of trouble reserving spots for the NSX owners.

That being said, here at NSXPrime we sometimes get to read and hear about incidents and situations that NSX owners have encountered while driving their cars *on the street*, some of the incidents might have been preventable if the drivers would not have tested the handling limits of the cars on the streets or if the drivers had the necessary skills to compensate for emergency situations.

Learning to drive the NSX at the track or at autocrosses provides the driver with a safe environment to learn the skills that they might be able to use on the street for emergency/unexpected as such it's a good experience to have.

The likelyhood of crashing your NSX at the track is probably a lot lower than crashing the NSX on some of the spirited drives that have been organized or that people have participated in the past.

On a sidenote:

Some folks will always talk trash but that's how people are, if people wan't to be 100% politically correct all the time then they are being too uptight or neurotic about things so they are better off not interacting with people at all, no one is forcing them to interact with everyone who will be there at the event.

And to further clarify I doubt that any of the folks who have talked trash want to see novices/intermediates/advanced drivers driving beyond their limits.

Ken

While Steve and Don have taken the more paternal loud smack talk approach, in their true heart they are diehard NSX fans who love their cars and want you all to experience the joy of ownership the way it was meant to be driven. And they are more than happy to give you rides, pointers, even hold your hand if that helps :biggrin: And yes, there is some justifiable apprehension in taking a car to the track. But as Ken also noted, so is a group drive, a dawn patrol, etc.

But more than anything, the two quotes below pretty much sum the issue for me. For almost seven years we have been organizing events for the NorCal NSX community, at least two events per year if not more, and I have never come across such a situation where we get only 50% response, but more importantly, people fail to give courtesy response on an event with major commitments based on repeated requests and assurances.

Litespeeds said:

2slow2speed said:
BTW: I agree that this thread has gotten out of hand in some ways. I also agree that it should be common courtesy to let the organizers know if people who signed up don't intend to attend the event, given that the organizers went through a lot of trouble reserving spots for the NSX owners.

Hrant said:
While Steve and Don have taken the more paternal loud smack talk approach, in their true heart they are diehard NSX fans who love their cars and want you all to experience the joy of ownership the way it was meant to be driven. And they are more than happy to give you rides, pointers, even hold your hand if that helps :biggrin: And yes, there is some justifiable apprehension in taking a car to the track. But as Ken also noted, so is a group drive, a dawn patrol, etc.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

Events such as this require planing. It is tough to plan accordingly
if people don't commit or at least respond.

If you look at the initial interest list there were 22 novice drivers.
Do the math... That’s 22 instructors. Ideally 22 nsx instructors.
That is more than typical event, about double. Only 8 novice drivers actually signed up.
This changed the scope of the event.. Had the planers knew the true count than
things would have been much easier. It’s OK that there are only 8.
The initial planning was around 22.

My input or anyone else on this thread is Not to scare anyone from this event, or turn anyone away…..….but We are only very excited, animated, full of energy on this event, because WE that HAVE done this before..........

….REALY want anyone that hasn't YET, to know.....this is HUGE for your respect for YOUR NSX............I will say this.....once you do this.....your level of love, passion for one of your dream car (NSX)...your level of respect will STEP UP the next level.

Or if you have and its been some time……..its time to re-energize your passion to your NSX and live.

ether way.......the EVENT will be GREAT and the ones that can make it, see you there....ones that can't coooooooooollllllllllllll...................then maybe next time.

Last edited:
Ok,
If I offended anyone you must be guilty. People who own NSX usually have a passion to drive there cars. I understand not everyone tracks there car and I am fine with that.

People don't understand that in life and in business we make commitments everyday and people count on us by our actions.

I do not dislike anyone I am just upset that some people did not takes responsibility for there actions.

Hrant went out of his way to promote this event to the 2 Acura dealers for sponsorship and they were told there would be 50 NSX's there for there advertisement $$. Would you spend good money for 15 to 20 cars if you were in there shoes.

Litespeeds, Have fun tomorrow at Sears Point there will be 3 NSX there that I know of. You, Don T. & Al T. and try to make our event and maybe you can leave your buddys at home if they don't go.

So If anyone is offended that was not my goal. My goal was to make aware the problems that was caused by there actions and how things get out of hand.

So I will end this now and be done with it and consider it over with. I will offer a ride to anyone who asks if I have the time and help anyone as well. The bottom line is we all want to have a blast and see all the Nice NSX's on the track.

It will be very hot there so start drinking a lot of water not beer the day before. My trailer has A/C and it will be going for anyone who needs it and plenty of water as well.

Don, Ken, Lito, Hrant and every one else see you there.

Steve

Novice
1) smooth (Tariq)
2) LitoG
3) 02#154
4) Norcalwhite
5) EK
6) Binh
7) NSX-Tuner
8) bnesse
9) RonNRaiders
10) DonH (from lists)
11) David B
12.) RavnNSX - Novice

Intermediate
1) Allen Shim
2) RichA
3) Racer NSX
4) DonD

Advanced
1) SFNSXguy
2) LIKE007
3) Kip Olson
4) 2slow2speed
5) Mark/Trevor A

Spectating (chickens)
1.) tk - wife said 'no money'
2.) Ashik

Hoping to Instruct
1.) KenjiMR
2.) titaniumdave

Lost Interest
1) Litespeeds - Intermediate - smack talk too offensive
2) spartan2-3: Have to work - Bummer

And no pressure right .........

2.) yaynsx- Novice
3.) L5-S1NSX
4.) Dan H. - Novice

12) Daves_X

20) NSFRBLX - Novice

24) juejaimon - Novice

27) NChhotu - Novice
28) KIngels - Advanced
29) MRamsey -1 - Novice
30) MRasmey -2 - Novice

35) fredc - novice
37) BarryL -2 - Novice

47) Tony A

Last edited:
I guess Im one of the "loosers" whose gonna have to bail out, I need to work that day so I can start saving for a "YOGO" (Yugo). :rolleyes:

Seriously, I may be out of the country for business/pleasure. TK count me out and give my spot to somebody who can attend. Be safe and have fun...

tk said:
Novice
1) smooth (Tariq)
2) LitoG
3) 02#154
4) Norcalwhite
5) EK
6) Binh
7) NSX-Tuner
8) bnesse
9) RonNRaiders
10) DonH (from lists)
11) David B

Intermediate
1) Allen Shim
2) RichA
3) Racer NSX
4) DonD

Advanced
1) SFNSXguy
2) LIKE007
3) Kip Olson
4) 2slow2speed
5) Mark/Trevor A

Spectating (chickens)
2.) Ashik

Hoping to Instruct
1.) KenjiMR
2.) titaniumdave

Lost Interest
1) Litespeeds - Intermediate - smack talk too offensive

2.) yaynsx- Novice
3.) L5-S1NSX
4.) Dan H. - Novice

9.) RavnNSX - Novice****I'm already registred with Doug***pleas make note!!

12) Daves_X

20) NSFRBLX - Novice

22) spartan2-3: Novice (work pending)

24) juejaimon - Novice

27) NChhotu - Novice
28) KIngels - Advanced
29) MRamsey -1 - Novice
30) MRasmey -2 - Novice

35) fredc - novice
37) BarryL -2 - Novice

47) Tony A

i registred with Doug and Trackmasters.PLease update this list.:biggrin: Rey Torres = Ravn NSX

Novice
1) smooth (Tariq)
2) LitoG
3) 02#154
4) Norcalwhite
5) EK
6) Binh
7) NSX-Tuner
8) bnesse
9) RonNRaiders
10) DonH (from lists)
11) David B
12.) RavnNSX - Novice

Intermediate
1) Allen Shim
2) RichA
3) Racer NSX
4) DonD

Advanced
1) SFNSXguy
2) LIKE007
3) Kip Olson
4) 2slow2speed
5) Mark/Trevor A

Spectating (chickens)
2.) Ashik

Hoping to Instruct
1.) KenjiMR
2.) titaniumdave

Lost Interest
1) Litespeeds - smack talk too offensive
2) spartan2-3: Have to work - Bummer

2.) yaynsx- Novice
3.) L5-S1NSX
4.) Dan H. - Novice

12) Daves_X

20) NSFRBLX - Novice

24) juejaimon - Novice

27) NChhotu - Novice
28) KIngels - Advanced
29) MRamsey -1 - Novice
30) MRasmey -2 - Novice

35) fredc - novice
37) BarryL -2 - Novice

47) Tony A

Back