How bout them Lakers?

The Lakers are DONE. They (actually everyone but Denver) thought they were gonna roll over Denver. Probably not gonna happen. They should be down 0 - 2 right now. They will not get past the Nuggets.

This stated the 22nd day of may 2009. If the Lakers win this series, I will buy every local member a beer at the local watering hole (the yard house, downtown, june 2nd between the hours of three and six pm):biggrin:

We'll see...Lakers are the best road team in the league. If they would just get their head out of their a*ses esp. Bynum, Sasha, and Fish things will turn around.

Jeff

:cool: cool sailing from here i predict denver wins the next 2 at home.

very fun to watch

Lakers take 1 of the 2...Hopefully..Today...:biggrin:

if that's the case this series will end up going 7 games...

Rocket vs Laker series repeat anyone? :eek:

LAKERS TAKE GAME 3 & 4

AND

The best CLOSER in the NBA!:eek::eek:

*chanting* KOBE...KOBE...KOBE!!!

My doctor had warned me against watching the Lakers, for fear of my hypertension!:biggrin: Anyway, I will take 1 of 2. If we can get 2 out of 2, that would be icing on the cake:eek:

tough to compete 2 on 5. Kobe and Pau came to play but everyone else took the night off :frown:..........so typical of the Lakers this year.

Chado, fair play!:biggrin: However, if memory serves me right, no team had ever come back from a 3-1 deficit. At 2-2, it is still up for grabs.

oh yeah. I think whoever wins tomorrow night will probably take the series. Gonna be another good one!

Chado, fair play!:biggrin: However, if memory serves me right, no team had ever come back from a 3-1 deficit. At 2-2, it is still up for grabs.

Oh yes, it has happened before. I believe it was the Lakers vs. Suns 2006. Lakers were up 3-1. Then lost it all. Very sad day.

Other teams off the top of my head:
1997 Heat over Knicks
1995 Rockets over Suns

Oh yes, it has happened before. I believe it was the Lakers vs. Suns 2006. Lakers were up 3-1. Then lost it all. Very sad day.

Yep, I remember one Prime member screaming that it was all a setup because LA has a larger demographic so Phoenix was cheated. Then Phoenix came back... :rolleyes:

But some of those calls late in the game in favor of Cleveland really make you wonder if they're getting some extra help to make the ultimate finals... If I'm an Orlando fan, I'd be pissed even though they're in control...

I heard from sport news that only 8 teams have come back to win the series after down 1-3.

Here are the ones I found using a quick search:

1968 - Celtics come back vs 76ers

1970 = Lakers come back vs Suns

1979 - Washington Bullets come back vs San Antonio Spurs

1981 - Celtics come back vs. 76ers

1995 - Rockets come back vs Suns

1997 - Heat come back vs Knicks

2006 - Suns come back vs. Lakers

Great defense, great blocks, great game. Keep up the great work fellas. Time for some Jack in the Box tacos!!!

If Bynum in the 1st half and Odom in the 2nd half play like this the rest of the playoffs, WE GOT IT!! Fish had a good game after struggling lately. GO LAKERS!!!

Jeff

Back