How 'bout that stock market?

heheh, still sitting on this eur/gbp long stop @ cost @ .7915. Time to goto sleep, my best gains are when I sleep lol

Strange how the EUR/GBP follows th EUR/USD (tonight). I just put in a long position after reading your post and looking at the EUR/GBP chart. Its up 40 points as I type. I owe you lunch Ryan.

Edit: The spread on Oanda is 10 points for a EURO/GBP trade...F that! I am used to EURO/USD .90.

Strange how the EUR/GBP follows th EUR/USD (tonight). I just put in a long position after reading your post and looking at the EUR/GBP chart. Its up 40 points as I type. I owe you lunch Ryan.

Edit: The spread on Oanda is 10 points for a EURO/GBP trade...F that! I am used to EURO/USD .90.

Ya they get ugly after hours, I got stopped @ cost on this but such is life. Still up 10% this month so I have my goal, the rest is just extra :) Also glad I could help.

Look at that FITB plummet! Damn, down $300 already.

I am down $4340.00 on my fitb position. You are no longer allowed to buy any of my recommendations rob. :biggrin:

Don't worry this will pop back. It's a long term hold. Hold it for a year and you will be happy.

I am down $4340.00 on my fitb position. You are no longer allowed to buy any of my recommendations rob. :biggrin:

Don't worry this will pop back. It's a long term hold. Hold it for a year and you will be happy.

I knew I should have bought C instead :)... course had I done that, that would have tanked too.

I knew I should have bought C instead :)... course had I done that, that would have tanked too.

Don't buy C !!!!!! it's up for me right now. LOL. Seriously rob you will be fine with fitb. I don't have a clue why it is down today but it will go back up. I am as sure as the sun will rise it will be back at 18.

Don't buy C !!!!!! it's up for me right now. LOL. Seriously rob you will be fine with fitb. I don't have a clue why it is down today but it will go back up. I am as sure as the sun will rise it will be back at 18.

The Goldman analysts picked out Regions Financial Corp. (RF), Fifth Third
Bancorp (FITB), Comerica Inc. (CMA), Bank of America Corp. (BAC) and SunTrust
Banks Inc. (STI) as banks that "screen poorly on capital strength," based on a
combination of Tier 1 capital ratios and dividend payout ratios.
Shares of all five banks were down shortly after Friday's market open, with
shares of Fifth Third under extra pressure due to a downgrade of the stock to
market perform at BMO Capital Markets, which also said Fifth Third was at risk
of raising capital. Fifth Third shares fell 10.6% to $13.14, and Regions
Financial fell 3.1% to $12.71 each.
Goldman Sachs said Fifth Third and Regions were most at risk of both a
dividend cut and capital raising. Comerica, SunTrust and Bank of America had
offsetting factors that might allow them to just cut their dividend and avoid
capital raising, the firm said.

FYI

Still riding that bounce from long GS @162. Interesting to note we are up 60+ and LEH is popping and AAPL is dropping. Give me a 10$ discount from here and I'll be considering AAPL. MSFT is still having its predictable run from 27.xx after finally cutting ties with goof ball yahoo. Besides a bunch of gibberish that doesn't have anything to do with profits or money, why would you want to aquire a firm like YHOO? Maybe for 15 a share, not 25 and sure as HELL not 35 even if it's not quite that simple with partial ownership etc.

Easy trade on RIMM early in the day.

Look at that FITB plummet! Damn, down $300 already.

rob, welcome to the stock market my friend. You sir own the single worst performing stock on the entire S&P 500 today :biggrin: . That is no easy task. You can blame steveny this time around.

Being able to shake off the losers is a much more profitable skill than drooling over your profits. I have a personal vendetta against that damn bank. A few years back I was doing sales in the midwest needed to open an account locally, ended up being at Fifth Third Bank. Just the name irritated me, I kept trying to picture this line of 'third' banks and how this was the 'fifth' one.

Long story short, I closed the account and returned to Austin a month later and then 3 weeks after that they call me and say a check bounced and I owe them $120 in just fees! I asked them why didn't they call me immediately after this happened given they obviously have my number-their response was complete bull $hit. Should have started shorting them the next day, I'd be up huge.

As I said play *1* share! Or lose 50k like I did when I did not have a clue what I was doing it's upto you. If you cant turn $10 in $20 then you cant turn 100k into 200k. Learn as cheep as you can, if playing 1 share is not exciting to you your in the market for the wrong reason and goto Vagas and save yourself years of being pissed off :biggrin:

rob, welcome to the stock market my friend. You sir own the single worst performing stock on the entire S&P 500 today :biggrin: . That is no easy task. You can blame steveny this time around.

Being able to shake off the losers is a much more profitable skill than drooling over your profits. I have a personal vendetta against that damn bank. A few years back I was doing sales in the midwest needed to open an account locally, ended up being at Fifth Third Bank. Just the name irritated me, I kept trying to picture this line of 'third' banks and how this was the 'fifth' one.

Long story short, I closed the account and returned to Austin a month later and then 3 weeks after that they call me and say a check bounced and I owe them $120 in just fees! I asked them why didn't they call me immediately after this happened given they obviously have my number-their response was complete bull $hit. Should have started shorting them the next day, I'd be up huge.

Thanks sahtt :). This really isn't a game for me.... I simply don't know what I'm doing and am well aware of that. I was hoping to leverage the recommendations I see here from people that do know that they're doing, but I'm well aware that nobody really knows what will happen and that it's still a gamble. I started with $3K in a brokerage account about 6 months ago and I've managed to turn that $3K into $2400. I have two positions, MI and FITB. I think once I sell those off, I'll just get out and recognize that I don't have what it takes to do this myself, I just need to decide when to do that.

Thanks sahtt :). This really isn't a game for me.... I simply don't know what I'm doing and am well aware of that. I was hoping to leverage the recommendations I see here from people that do know that they're doing, but I'm well aware that nobody really knows what will happen and that it's still a gamble. I started with $3K in a brokerage account about 6 months ago and I've managed to turn that $3K into $2400. I have two positions, MI and FITB. I think once I sell those off, I'll just get out and recognize that I don't have what it takes to do this myself, I just need to decide when to do that.

Hold that fitb for a bit. It will turn around.

GS is on a nice tear again. That's what I like to see. Can't wait to see the street when earnings come.....I hope the financials take off.

Hold that FITB....I sold back at 25 by the grace of God. It'll bounce eventually.

GS is on a nice tear again. That's what I like to see. Can't wait to see the street when earnings come.....I hope the financials take off.

Hold that FITB....I sold back at 25 by the grace of God. It'll bounce eventually.

Yeh fitb is a friggen gift at it's current price. Next year it will be 25 again and a bunchs of div's paid out while we wait.

Well, i've been working like crazy testing an idea, a tweak more or less to modify my entries and management. The first results were good, a bit too good to be true, and so i've been trying to find every crappy low VIX day to test this on but i think i might be onto something. Regardless, its put up or shut up time here in Omaha. I either am gonna start trading profitably THIS WEEK or i'm going job hunting next week. That being said, I need some accountability so i'm going to post my trade results at the end of everyday in here.

The idea being that I will execute my plan perfectly and win lose or draw you guys are gonna know how I sit on the day, and the week. Out of all my backtesting in worst case scenarios this should make money 3 out of 4 weeks at worst. The winning weeks are 4x's the size of an average losing week. All thats left is for me to execute this real time. No more backtesting... time for the proving grounds.

Hopefully this week becomes the one i'll remember for the rest of my life. You'll all be witness! ;) Cheers and good trading today folks!

Well, i've been working like crazy testing an idea, a tweak more or less to modify my entries and management. The first results were good, a bit too good to be true, and so i've been trying to find every crappy low VIX day to test this on but i think i might be onto something. Regardless, its put up or shut up time here in Omaha. I either am gonna start trading profitably THIS WEEK or i'm going job hunting next week. That being said, I need some accountability so i'm going to post my trade results at the end of everyday in here.

The idea being that I will execute my plan perfectly and win lose or draw you guys are gonna know how I sit on the day, and the week. Out of all my backtesting in worst case scenarios this should make money 3 out of 4 weeks at worst. The winning weeks are 4x's the size of an average losing week. All thats left is for me to execute this real time. No more backtesting... time for the proving grounds.

Hopefully this week becomes the one i'll remember for the rest of my life. You'll all be witness! ;) Cheers and good trading today folks!

Post it up.

Don't jinx us. I'm up 10% on GS since last week but more importantly if financials spit out decent numbers I think CME will have a 25-30$ day. Fair value is around 475 a share given the legislation lingering but 450 is more realistic.

You are screwing yourself already, Don't look for systems learn how the damn market moves. It's like coming out with a system that can drive a car for you, can't do it thing keep getting different just like the market. But I did the same thing as you when I started and I will say ANY time you spend looking at charts is better then 0 time, so when you look for these systems you are getting better at seeing price action over and over ;) It's funny because the pinbar setup's that I only trade and have made over 20% a month work, you know they work, and you have traded them and made money but you keep looking for something better. I tell you what as I said when you asked before, if making 15-20% a month is not good enough you need to get some cash together because you are setting yourself up to fail. Get 10k+ and trade 2% if 2k a month is not enough get 50k together then make 10k a month. I think you said you where still at home so bills should not be a problem. You may have to give up some things and work hard but anything in life that is worth a shit does require hard work unless you are handed down money and most people just get into drugs with that and become a piece of shit.

LEH is driving me nuts. I have 5k at 26.43 and I would really like to have it stop flirting with my CB. I know it's going to be higher by the end of the week but I would like to see it get into a comfort zone for me ~28ish.

Ryan, how was the weekend at the lake?

Ryan i'm not trading a "system" per se. Same entries i've always traded, i've just stopped using MA's to establish a trend and relaxed my stop management. And that has completly supercharged my results. This has made my entries more responsive than ever to actual price action movements. I can play reversals now and get in on more trades with more confidence. Its all good :) Up 160/contract so far today. We'll see what the next two hours have in store for me.

Back