How 'bout that stock market?

Long DTV 27.75
Long V 82.65

Looks like we are all on the same page today for better or worse.

Only equities I'm interested in are GS and MSFT right now besides what I already have. For newbies you'd set a stop around 160 [pull up the 1 yr chart] if you want to be cautious and otherwise once you see the two handle get rid of it. Not a difficult trade. I've done this same trade twice now although I got rid of it at 192 last time.

Even though I like MSFT I have a feeling it make take a while before you get that 3-4 dollar move we are all looking for once it gets out of the 27 range.

These are the markets that make fortunes, get in there and buy something.

bought more C, LEH, And some HD, just 1k shares of HD.

Money in the bank, shorty what you think.

For the new people that are reading this I started with this book years ago and I still do like it. Yes trading is a lot of work but I can not think of any better job in the world.

http://www.amazon.com/Technical-Ana...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213109364&sr=1-1

Thanks.. Already purchased it 12pm pst and well through chapter 1 1pm pst. I was about to purchase a technical analysis book thanks for the recommendation.

I'm hoping the $100 spent on this book will have greater returns than a type R-shift boot.. :tongue:

I hear ya on that...FITB, C.....wow.

Great thread; I've been reading it since it's inception.

I'm an active day and position trader, and have been for over a decade. I generally bottom feed value companies; specifically, tech and financials.

In regards to the financials, C, WM and LEH have been great traders.

My biggest financial play this year, however, has been ETFC. Took a five figure, two day loser on it last NOV, but since then have made that back, plus an additional six figure profit. Just went long again today - 50k shares at $3.52. If it drops to below $3.00 I'll go another 50k, and if not I'll ride it back up for a sell.

Also currently in eight other stocks.

I'm buying GS or C in the next few minutes, still debating which one. All my stocks except MRO and TTEK are actually up right now which is interesting and a bit ironic.

Long GS with a fairly tight stop. If it falls back to the 151 level again I'll buy there without the ride down.

Great thread; I've been reading it since it's inception.

I'm an active day and position trader, and have been for over a decade. I generally bottom feed value companies; specifically, tech and financials.

In regards to the financials, C, WM and LEH have been great traders.

My biggest financial play this year, however, has been ETFC. Took a five figure, two day loser on it last NOV, but since then have made that back, plus an additional six figure profit. Just went long again today - 50k shares at $3.52. If it drops to below $3.00 I'll go another 50k, and if not I'll ride it back up for a sell.

Also currently in eight other stocks.

Wow that thing has sold off hard!!!! Wheres your exit point.

I can't believe the deals out there today. I just doubled up a few positions myself

Current positions
aapl
amr
axp
c
drys
exm
fitb
hd
leh
mee
mtl
stld
swn
tma
wlt
and my wife wanted to buy xeno:rolleyes: :biggrin: She thinks it's a great company.

This does not include options and leaps

Wow that thing has sold off hard!!!! Wheres your exit point.

Ya know, ETFC is something I've been kind of playing as the wind blows.

If you pull up the three month chart, it's been trading in what I refer to as a "safe range"; low: $3.50 to high: $4.25. Sometimes it breaks through one or the other, but not by much, and not for long.

So when it looks good I buy, and once bought when it looks good I sell.

That said, I truly believe ETFC is a buy-out candidate, and whenever I sell it I'm usually nervous; regardless of my profit.

So as odd as this may sound, I'd rather be in ETFC and down than not hold any shares, because outside of last NOV's painful trade I have *always* made money off ETFC.

Edit: and a ton of shares being traded today from $3.50-$3.52...

WLT: very nice! TMA: I watched this stock for months, and never pulled the trigger. And I think I'll forever be glad I never did... :-)

Ya know, ETFC is something I've been kind of playing as the wind blows.

If you pull up the three month chart, it's been trading in what I refer to as a "safe range"; low: $3.50 to high: $4.25. Sometimes it breaks through one or the other, but not by much, and not for long.

So when it looks good I buy, and once bought when it looks good I sell.

That said, I truly believe ETFC is a buy-out candidate, and whenever I sell it I'm usually nervous; regardless of my profit.

So as odd as this may sound, I'd rather be in ETFC and down than not hold any shares, because outside of last NOV's painful trade I have *always* made money off ETFC.

Edit: and a ton of shares being traded today from $3.50-$3.52...

WLT: very nice! TMA: I watched this stock for months, and never pulled the trigger. And I think I'll forever be glad I never did... :-)

yeah, TMa is a loser I am pretty sure at this point. It's not even worth selling. I bought it at 1.86. I only have 500 shares and I bought it like a lotto ticket.

I picked up 1700 shares of etrade today. 1k in my regular account and 700 in my IRA.

Post your trades if you have the time. The more the merrier! Glad to have you on board.

Back