How 'bout that stock market?

Crudes about to hit lock limit up... its at 9.95 right now. 10$ a day limit, if it trades at limit for 5 minutes all trading will be suspended...

Wowza!

Glad oil is going up, even less people at the lake now hehehe. Once this gets passed down to the pump it will be $4.50 a gal for the good stuff gogo H2's and suvs! Nothing like paying $450 a month for the car and $800 in gas.

Nothing like paying $450 a month for the car and $800 in gas.

And whining about it through chain letters and around the coffee machine.

Oil won't stay here. Too much in one day. I picked up some F at 5.99

True and I closed out my long too, with something like this we may get some kinda news this weekend. People are going to read this and freak out over the weekend. I wish I was still in the office to see what people are saying.

True and I closed out my long too, with something like this we may get some kinda news this weekend. People are going to read this and freak out over the weekend. I wish I was still in the office to see what people are saying.

This will bring in speculator management much sooner

Some good buys out there today. MSFT is getting cheaper by the day but it won't continue much longer. GS is $5 from a very strong buy. CME found good support today.

These 300+ down days used to 'ruffle my feathers' but now I'm indifferent. Caught a move in gold early on but the usual suspects AUY/AEM/GG etc. didn't have much momentum since they need new $ like everyone else. My opinion is everyone has been waiting since 1999 to finally short crude and get some revenge. They saw their chance as it pulled back through a couple technical levels this last time [nothing significant IMO] and the short interest was high with little convinction. The result is $10 up in one day and a lot of pissed guys on the wrong side of the trade. I got out of DUG when we slowed down around 125$.

I made tons today. Good day for me.

Picked up

AXP
C
LEH
DRYS

Sold calls on
DRYS
LEH

Holding uncovered
AXP
C

Traded
FSLR
SOLF
AXP
F
TSL
BRCD calls

Last edited:
As far as I know, there is no limit on Oil.

From the NYMEX site:

Maximum Daily Price Fluctuation

$10.00 per barrel ($10,000 per contract) for all months. If any contract is traded, bid, or offered at the limit for five minutes, trading is halted for five minutes. When trading resumes, the limit is expanded by $10.00 per barrel in either direction. If another halt were triggered, the market would continue to be expanded by $10.00 per barrel in either direction after each successive five-minute trading halt. There will be no maximum price fluctuation limits during any one trading session.

Don't know if we actually hit it yesterday... i quit early and went to a movie. :) And i did mis-state it... it just get suspended for 5 minutes and then reopens with a new lock limit.

Well the lake is still busy as hell, I guess most people that have 100k-800k for a boat don't give a shit on gas prices. I will say the boat type has changed though, not many small boats anymore just huge ones but that is fine for me bigger waves to crash out on lol.

Going shopping today. :biggrin:

Direct TV is target #1. GS. is #2. Maybe LEH if it drops enough. but it is inching back up nicely in the premarket session :tongue:

What do you like about DTV? You plan on holding it for a while?

I've been watching for a while.

What I like-

*Adding customers like crazy.
*Solid balance sheet
*Double digit revenue growth
*Upscale Appeal
*Quality Product

Accordingly, I dont' believe that DTV will suffer the way the cable operators and Echostar are.

After some research, I bought service for myself. Its a no brainer choice for HD Customers. DTV offers the most HD channels and the most attractive incentives and pricing tiers without question. Their customer service leaves something to be desired but that is a moot point in this industry.

Long term...I'll sell in the mid 30's.

I've had DTV for about 10 years and as far as service goes, they are light years beyond everyone else in my experience (though still not close to perfect).

On the other hand, they give away the store when I threaten to cancel which is why I love them as a customer :). They've given me literally hundreds off my bill over that decade, two free TiVos (including reimbursing me for one I purchased from eBay when they could no longer provide the hardware), several free installs, years worth of free HBO and Shotime and recently, a free HR-21 and free HD service when I replaced my TiVo with their HD DVR.

Love that company :).

Back