• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How 'bout that stock market?

Covered +$7400. The funny part is I am going to use some of the money to buy solar panels for my pool. :biggrin:

Will you send me the rest? :biggrin: I don't have enough for that ferrari you recommended.

Will you send me the rest? :biggrin: I don't have enough for that ferrari you recommended.

Sure, but you will have to get just a chair and not a whole 17k couch.

I sold deep in the money calls for april on GOOG, 300 level. If goog has good numbers and the share are swept I am going to lose 7k in real money. If goog reports go bad I will buy the calls back tomorrow make some loot and roll out leaps above my in price and forget about the position for a year.

Sure, but you will have to get just a chair and not a whole 17k couch.

I sold deep in the money calls for april on GOOG, 300 level. If goog has good numbers and the share are swept I am going to lose 7k in real money. If goog reports go bad I will buy the calls back tomorrow make some loot and roll out leaps above my in price and forget about the position for a year.

Ouch Steveny. They blew out their numbers.

Congrats to who ever bought my google 300 call!!!! Can't win them all I guess

Silverstone I hoped you closed that BIDU position.

MAybe MSFT will have to pay a little more for Yhoo now????? I bought 500 shares of Yhoo in AF for 28.49. We shall see.

Ugh.....loss today. I saw google jump 20 bucks and immediately went to change my cover order.

Partial fill @ 321....the rest @ 325. ~5K loss.

Congrats to who ever bought my google 300 call!!!! Can't win them all I guess

At least you're stoic about it. Just so you're right more that 50% of the time. If it's any consolation about it, whisper.com had them missing by .04.

Opps, I actually sold the 350 level calls. I just looked at the thing and I am thinking if I sold the 300 I would have sold 48 bucks worth of the stock right off the bat. LOL so the 350 level.

Trade goes like this

Bought Goog for 482.2099

Sold calls netting

12.10 a share
.90 a share
1.93 a share
101.60 a share

Total profit in calls

Shares swept at 350

netting 466.53 total
minus price of 482.2099

Loss of 15.67 or 1567 per 100

Had I left the trade the way it was, with may 480's in place I would have made
and the mays 18.7

I would have lost 2.2099 per share when they were swept but made 33.63 per share on the calls.

Edit, Knowing this I will monitor the trade tomorrow and look for an out that netts better than a 15.67 loss.

Last edited:
And this is why I don't play news.

Really? Company blows out quarter and ups guidance, sector upgrade and analyst's upgrade on a stock, M&A, take out target, FDA approvals, Stage III trial completions, 52 week highs, FDA warning, etc., etc. This is assuming fundamentals are sound or weak (short) and the news.

I did investor relations for companies for a number of years. I've see stocks look like a rocket or fall out of bed based on news.

Really? Company blows out quarter and ups guidance, sector upgrade and analyst's upgrade on a stock, M&A, take out target, FDA approvals, Stage III trial completions, 52 week highs, FDA warning, etc., etc. This is assuming fundamentals are sound or weak (short) and the news.

I did investor relations for companies for a number of years. I've see stocks look like a rocket or fall out of bed based on news.

Sounds like everything I look for when playing boitech or pharma.

A few years ago I made an absolute killing on ICOS and IMCL playing news on those babies.

I also had a few shares of MLNM in the IRA too bad I sold the ones in the trading account.

I am currently researching MEDX on a prime members recomendation. I have a little more homework to do before I make a move.

Sounds like everything I look for when playing boitech or pharma.

A few years ago I made an absolute killing on ICOS and IMCL playing news on those babies.

I also had a few shares of MLNM in the IRA too bad I sold the ones in the trading account.

I am currently researching MEDX on a prime members recomendation. I have a little more homework to do before I make a move.

Steveny, it's funny you say that. My clients were biotech, pharma, and healthcare.:biggrin: You also mentioned some of my former clients in this message.

Doug

Steveny, it's funny you say that. My clients were biotech, pharma, and healthcare.:biggrin: You also mentioned some of my former clients in this message.

Doug

I currently have MRK option and SGP stock. I think the drug companies have been hammered lately pretty bad.

Ha...I remember VIAC and YMI.

Made a killing on one...lost my ass on the other.

Anyone want to trade GOOG and BIDU AH with me? ;)

I am glad you are out of that BIDU trade. If we get some good earning tomorrow you would be screwed. If it hits 350 I will short it again myself, unless someone slaps my hands off the keyboard.

I am glad you are out of that BIDU trade. If we get some good earning tomorrow you would be screwed. If it hits 350 I will short it again myself, unless someone slaps my hands off the keyboard.

I got greedy. I was up 10K @ the close.

Anyone want to trade GOOG and BIDU AH with me? ;)

I wonder how many of those contracts will get sold and how many executed?

I see some guy over on the Yahoo boards claims to have bought 100 contracts. How is he going to purchase those shares????

If I had any goog calls that were ITM with large profits I would be shorting google right now in AF to lock in profits. I will be shocked if any calls for april above 500 are going to be any good tomorrow.

I got greedy. I was up 10K @ the close.

I did the same friggen thing on the same damn stock. I still have conviction BIDU will pull back to 250. I had made 4-7k several times on paper with one trade but I kept watching the profit evap and never took it waiting for that 50k home run. Bidu made me into a pig and I should have taken the small gains several times. But hey I learned from it and did take my profit on FSLR today. So in the end something good did come out of BIDU.

Learned from it?? Consider your hand slapped! :biggrin:

I did the same friggen thing on the same damn stock. I still have conviction BIDU will pull back to 250. I had made 4-7k several times on paper with one trade but I kept watching the profit evap and never took it waiting for that 50k home run. Bidu made me into a pig and I should have taken the small gains several times. But hey I learned from it and did take my profit on FSLR today. So in the end something good did come out of BIDU.

Back