• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

f1spec Full bucket racin seats. in frp,cf,ck

Status
Not open for further replies.
True True
i would like to just answer that we are a company that stands behind our product.
We are not a hit and run online shop that sells a priduct and just shuts down after a few months,.
we have been around for 2 years now and a certifed BBB Member.
Just like how mugen and spoon seat they cost so much but they are not FIA certifed , do they have any ducumentation on the safety of their seats?

but i cannot disclose our manufacuture because of the seats they make for other companies.

sorry for that but we can get fia approved seats for you.

as a custome i know where you are coming from, i would have that kind of concern too.

Here's a picture of BluryNSX's seat to prove that a Recaro Young Start booster fits perfectly. :wink:
IMG_8092.JPG

Otto

Thank otto...

otoro Why would anyone (especially NSX owners) cheap out on their safety harnesses? Believe me, none of these seats has been impact tested for safety. Knock-off fiberglass bodykits are one thing, but one's personal health and safety should not merely reside on "eye-candy" alone.

Unless F1 can provide stagnant documentation on the safety of their products, IMO, I would stay far away from these fly by night shops.

These knock-offs reminded me of fake Bride Ergos from awhile back.

where as I see your point of safety, I have sat in the "real deal" brides that these resemble and can say with your eyes closed they feel pretty damn close... also mine are made out of kevlar which I personally believe unless I am doing real racing "should" provide what is nec. for my safety, maybe I am wrong but I have seen both side by side and almost everything brakets, hardware, design, and fiti and finish are pretty damn on.

so maybe if I was tracking as much as some on here I may step up, but for what I need these are working fine for me at a little under half the cost... after all we aren't talking about 100's difference but 1000's difference...

JMO:rolleyes:

True True

but i cannot disclose our manufacuture because of the seats they make for other companies

I don't get this. What does making seats for other companies have to do with not being able to disclose the manufacturer? We're not asking what the other companies are, just who the manufacturer is.... I wonder... is it Mugen?

Essentially what we need is some data on the expectations we should have on the level of safety on your seat. I imagine there has to be something, or if there isn't, that's really scary - but it shouldn't be be extremely difficult and expensive to find out.

How about a test where a dumy is used in a seat and a 'rod' (for the lack of being able to come up with a better word right now..) smashes into the seat to simulate how many lbs of force it can withstand, and what the result is.

If this is such a large manufacturer, I imagine someone has called in with some report of an accident? EG "I was in your seat, I had a bad accident but the seat held up really well! I'm buying a replacement one from you guys!!"

I guarantee that if you did this, you might find where to make improvements that could save lives (potentialy) and your revenue will most definetly increase.
Yes, you put yourself liable in legal situations, but if I am to trust my life in a seat manufacturer, I'm only going to do it in a company that is willing to back up SOME claim, even if it's moderate. I'm not going to purchase a product that if it shatters where a Mugen seat might not and results in me breaking my neck, get the response "Sorry, no guarantees were provided. Use at your own risk"

And although Mugen might not have an FIA approved seat, they are a reputable MANUFACTURER (I'm assuming..) and it is easier to, yes, assume that they take some steps to ensure a certain level of testable safety. In the absence of data on a particular safety concern for two companies, one is inclined to presume that the company with greater positive history is the safer bet. This is even more true if you don't disclose who the manufacturer is...

Last edited:
I don't get this. What does making seats for other companies have to do with not being able to disclose the manufacturer? We're not asking what the other companies are, just who the manufacturer is.... I wonder... is it Mugen?

Essentially what we need is some data on the expectations we should have on the level of safety on your seat. I imagine there has to be something, or if there isn't, that's really scary - but it shouldn't be be extremely difficult and expensive to find out.

How about a test where a dumy is used in a seat and a 'rod' (for the lack of being able to come up with a better word right now..) smashes into the seat to simulate how many lbs of force it can withstand, and what the result is.

If this is such a large manufacturer, I imagine someone has called in with some report of an accident? EG "I was in your seat, I had a bad accident but the seat held up really well! I'm buying a replacement one from you guys!!"

I guarantee that if you did this, you might find where to make improvements that could save lives (potentialy) and your revenue will most definetly increase.
Yes, you put yourself liable in legal situations, but if I am to trust my life in a seat manufacturer, I'm only going to do it in a company that is willing to back up SOME claim, even if it's moderate. I'm not going to purchase a product that if it shatters where a Mugen seat might not and results in me breaking my neck, get the response "Sorry, no guarantees were provided. Use at your own risk"

And although Mugen might not have an FIA approved seat, they are a reputable MANUFACTURER (I'm assuming..) and it is easier to, yes, assume that they take some steps to ensure a certain level of testable safety. In the absence of data on a particular safety concern for two companies, one is inclined to presume that the company with greater positive history is the safer bet. This is even more true if you don't disclose who the manufacturer is...

I think you are misunderstanding their reason for not naming names... like maybe the other companies this manf. produces seats for wouldn't appreciate them making a similiar seat that competes for their target market kind of conflict of interest. Knowing as much as it sounds like you do about manf. processes you must understand "most" companies do not manf. all of their products sparco,recaro, momo, possibly even bride might but alot of others do not.

Another thing you should understand is that F1 has made no claims to how safe their seats may or may not be partially because les liability but also I am sure they don't want some kid circuit racing thinking what he has is safer than it is. They are simply filling a demand for nice "looking" seats at a reasonable rate I personally don't care to spend 4k on a set of seats right now, maybe in the future they will build enough capitol to begin doing such tests like you are sugesting, Rome wasn't built in a day and most of the big seat companies produced seats for years until a guideline was set at which point they had the $$ to follow them.

K thats it I myself am done. I personally bought a set and have been extremely happy and alot of prime members have sat in my seats and liked em. Guess I am a sucker for local bussinesses that are starting out trying to make a living like the rest of us :p

http://www.mydexin.com/products2.asp

and yes they have a certificate,chinese that is, but it exists and can be viewed on site,seat type = SPR seat...

with regards to copyright etc etc, don't know if you ever visit asia, but the whole continent is dedicated to copiing things.Everything, and I mean literally everything is reproduced, I come over there almost every week for my job and almost everything in my house /garage comes out of that continent.
You pay less, you get a bad copy, willing to pay some more, you get great copy's........and they mostly are the real thing, coming out of the same brandname factory, only sold on the "streets" for way way less....

just my 2 cents, not meaning to dis anybody in this topic......

Yes

everyone must know that alot of stuff has been outsourced for labor work to china or taiwan.
Alot or reputable companies like , hytech, skunk2, buddyclub, vision, etc etc
most people dont' know that alot of theseso called JDM products are actually made in taiwan or china,

And out new product for our seat line
New cushions in stock for all f1spec seats.
these are universal for all seats

6eyen3n.jpg

65z6an5.jpg

65z3ymu.jpg

689kxkw.jpg

Will that head cushion work on stock seats? How does it stay on there?

PM and email sent for pricing.

BTW, what's the widest ass the type 3's will fit? Anyone have any experience beyond the stated 32'' width and max 35'' waist? ...or am I reading this completely wrong.

Last edited:
PM and email sent for pricing.

BTW, what's the widest ass the type 3's will fit? Anyone have any experience beyond the stated 32'' width and max 35'' waist? ...or am I reading this completely wrong.

the type 3 fits up to a 34 waist

and sorry the padding is velcros on so it won't work on the leather seats you guys have

sorry to say this but seats are really not very good looking.we bought pair of them and its 5-6 out of 10.cf goes very bad it these place where seats near your down side of body. from installed corners of those seats you could see that they done from 2 different pieces and it look very bad.
As a man who know CARBON FIBER VERY WELL COULD SAY HONESTLY- THESE SEATS ARE NOT FROM REAL CARBON FIBER NONE KEVLAR - THEY ARE WRAPPED ON THEM ONLY IMITATIONS FROM CF.I DONE SOME PHOTOS SO YOU COULD SEE THE BAD PLACES. ALSO HOW THEY ARE SOME FROM GOOD SIDE ON SIMILAR STICKERS MATERIALS ALLOW ME TO SAY VERY FAST AND CHEAP IMITATION OF CF AND MATERIALS THAT SEATS ARE ONE.
SORRY BUT ITS TRUE. ALSO -- IM SO FAR NOT GOOD VENDOR HAVE PROBLEMS WITH GB BUT ITS NOT GOOD THINGS FOR THIS PRICE MAXIMUM WHAT IS WORTH ONE SEAT IS 200$ AND NOT 400$. ALSO NO ANSWER IN PM ONLY 2 TIMES FROM 5 OR 6.
SORRY BUT I HAD TO WRITE THIS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO INVOLVE OTHERS IN THIS WHEN IM STUCK. NOW IM REMAKING BACK SIDES WERE CF WAS INTO AEROGRAPHY.
Thank you

sorry to say this but seats are really not very good looking.we bought pair of them and its 5-6 out of 10.cf goes very bad it these place where seats near your down side of body. from installed corners of those seats you could see that they done from 2 different pieces and it look very bad.
As a man who know CARBON FIBER VERY WELL COULD SAY HONESTLY- THESE SEATS ARE NOT FROM REAL CARBON FIBER NONE KEVLAR - THEY ARE WRAPPED ON THEM ONLY IMITATIONS FROM CF.I DONE SOME PHOTOS SO YOU COULD SEE THE BAD PLACES. ALSO HOW THEY ARE SOME FROM GOOD SIDE ON SIMILAR STICKERS MATERIALS ALLOW ME TO SAY VERY FAST AND CHEAP IMITATION OF CF AND MATERIALS THAT SEATS ARE ONE.
SORRY BUT ITS TRUE. ALSO -- IM SO FAR NOT GOOD VENDOR HAVE PROBLEMS WITH GB BUT ITS NOT GOOD THINGS FOR THIS PRICE MAXIMUM WHAT IS WORTH ONE SEAT IS 200$ AND NOT 400$. ALSO NO ANSWER IN PM ONLY 2 TIMES FROM 5 OR 6.
SORRY BUT I HAD TO WRITE THIS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO INVOLVE OTHERS IN THIS WHEN IM STUCK. NOW IM REMAKING BACK SIDES WERE CF WAS INTO AEROGRAPHY.
Thank you

Tamoske
i have always replied to your pm's
but most of the time you were asking for the recaro one in the pictures that i do not offer.
i stand behind my product that i sell,
please email me the pictures of the seats that you have purchased.
at [email protected]

you have to know that all Carbon fiber seats in the industry are all wrapped.
the structure of all Carbon fiber seats are always overlayed over Fiberglass.
you can check any Recaro, MOMO, sparco and Bride seat.

if you have any questions please email me or pm me.

ming

yes ming i know that cf is not that lenght to wrap all all the seat from one piece of cf. but you could connect it in that place that did not have view from corner.
these bad things you could see on your own photos on the bottom place of the seat it look very good that bad connection.:frown:
i was talking about type 3 seats that we bought

yes ming i know that cf is not that lenght to wrap all all the seat from one piece of cf. but you could connect it in that place that did not have view from corner.
these bad things you could see on your own photos on the bottom place of the seat it look very good that bad connection.:frown:
i was talking about type 3 seats that we bought

which photos are you speaking of ?

alll that back sides of the seats are done or from right or left corner you could see these connected cf lines :frown:

alll that back sides of the seats are done or from right or left corner you could see these connected cf lines :frown:

which picsture are you speaking of . please link the pirture and please explain what you are speaking of, please

As An Example! The Same Problem On Bouth Seats

In regards to your statement that these seats are not real carbon fiber or carbon kevlar, I stand by my products 100% and assure that they are indeed carbon fiber and carbon kevlar, which are wrapped around the fiber glass frame (as stated before, just like all other manufacturers).

please send me pics of the seat that you are speaking of and what you have purchased from me please.
to email [email protected]

In regards to your statement that these seats are not real carbon fiber or carbon kevlar, I stand by my products 100% and assure that they are indeed carbon fiber and carbon kevlar, which are wrapped around the fiber glass frame (as stated before, just like all other manufacturers).

please send me pics of the seat that you are speaking of and what you have purchased from me please.
to email [email protected]

NSX-R seats do not wrap in fiber glass...(hence the ligth weight) 2.7 Kg.
Correct me if I am wrong.

NSX-R seats do not wrap in fiber glass...(hence the ligth weight) 2.7 Kg.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Are you sure that would be (2.7 kg = 5.9 lbs)
can you please show me pictures that these weight that much ,
without the right structure how would a seat stay in shape.
the resin/epoxy material usually holding onto carbon fiber is FIBERGLASS

I think the seats look great and I'm always very particular. I would buy a set if i didn't like my OEM seats. cant speak for the F1 seats for comfort but as far as looks the are HOT, and inexpensive when comparing them to OEM R seats.

I would have a black carbon bucket covered in black leather at my local upholstery shop if i chose to go this route. never cared for the mesh cloth material of the R seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back