• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

f1spec Full bucket racin seats. in frp,cf,ck

Status
Not open for further replies.
86977h4.jpg

Are you sure that would be (2.7 kg = 5.9 lbs)
can you please show me pictures that these weight that much ,
without the right structure how would a seat stay in shape.
the resin/epoxy material usually holding onto carbon fiber is FIBERGLASS

I have owned 2 sets of these (but sold them all) Hence the price for these seat! that's why they are the lightest OEM seats out there. And they even lighter than your seats.
Here's the label of the seat... but if you still insist of holding on to it to believe, you have to buy one for yourself. Every seat leaves the production line gets weighed and labeled, so they vary by few miligrams. (comma in europe is equivalent to our decimal point)
See my Avatar? that's my son sitting on a red Recaro Type-R.

Rseat2.JPG

Rseat1.JPG

Rseat.JPG

I have owned 2 sets of these (but sold them all) Hence the price for these seat! that's why they are the lightest OEM seats out there. And they even lighter than your seats.
Here's the label of the seat... but if you still insist of holding on to it to believe, you have to buy one for yourself. Every seat leaves the production line gets weighed and labeled, so they vary by few miligrams. (comma in europe is equivalent to our decimal point)
See my Avatar? that's my son sitting on a red Recaro Type-R.

Rseat2.JPG

Rseat1.JPG

Rseat.JPG

thanks for the info but , i was wondering if you can weigh the seat on a scale. and take pictures please.

Overall you are comparing a seat that cost how much to our pricing for seats.
We are just giving you guys another option for seats at a lower price.

ming

thanks for the info but , i was wondering if you can weigh the seat on a scale. and take pictures please.

Overall you are comparing a seat that cost how much to our pricing for seats.
We are just giving you guys another option for seats at a lower price.

ming

Actually, I wasn't trying to compare your seats and the Recaros Type-R.
You STATED that all seats are made with FRP insert and wrap in CF/CK... therefore I pointed out to you that the Type-R seats are pure CK and therefore lighter than your seat.
There's no need for me to go out and find a scale and weigh it for you to prove my point. I owned several of these seats and I know how light they are. If you don't believe what the label saids oh well.

Actually, I wasn't trying to compare your seats and the Recaros Type-R.
You STATED that all seats are made with FRP insert and wrap in CF/CK... therefore I pointed out to you that the Type-R seats are pure CK and therefore lighter than your seat.
There's no need for me to go out and find a scale and weigh it for you to prove my point. I owned several of these seats and I know how light they are. If you don't believe what the label saids oh well.

i'm human i make mistakes =P
i just wanted to know if you can weigh it on a scale
i'm sorry to say i don't know how to read that language that is on the label right there thats why.

i'm human i make mistakes =P
i just wanted to know if you can weigh it on a scale
i'm sorry to say i don't know how to read that language that is on the label right there thats why.

2.738 Kilograms = 6.03 Lbs.

I would say that is a light seat! :eek:

i've purchased these seats for another car i've owned. i've purchased other things from f1spec suchs a multiple sets of HID's.

these guys are good sellers. good products. and all for a low price.

Are you sure that would be (2.7 kg = 5.9 lbs)
can you please show me pictures that these weight that much ,
without the right structure how would a seat stay in shape.
the resin/epoxy material usually holding onto carbon fiber is FIBERGLASS
I own a pair of the Type R seats, those are probably the lightest crash tested bucket out there.

With an attitude like yours, companies like Recaro and Bride won't exist and you will be relying on the company in China to take care of the design..... Hahahaha. I'm just imagining what the seats would look like if they had to design them themselves.

Competition and fair pricing?????? So one company spends time and money developing and testing a product and as soon as they bring it to market it gets copied and you think that's fair???? How would you feel if that happened to you?

See the "Spoon style", "Mugen style", "Recaro style" crap? You honestly don't have a problem with that at all?

If F1 spec had come up with a unique design / new manufacturing technique or some other slightly original idea and then had the product made in China, I'd be impressed.

the other companys arent going to go out of buisness, well unless my bank account sais otherwise:tongue: some people just take comfort in the fact that thier steering wheel costs as much as a set of kevlar knockoff seats, or that thier seats cost like three times as much but pack more than that much quality behind them

shame on you guys, shame on your all, f1spec seats in your nsx? goodness, the bride/vision reclineable seats in fiberglass cost like 100 bucks more than those silly ricer sweat shop built by the lowest bidder knockoff's, not to mention the quality is going to be apprx 18 million times better, and well you wont be ghetto.

f1spec dont think for a second about comparing your product to sparco, recaro, bride, etc etc, surely your rails are proof enough, all the people on other forums who have bought them complain about how flimsy they are and the fit, now if you guys cant even rip off a decent sidebracket mount how are you going to make a quality knock off seat?

sparco/bride/mugen/recaro/omp all make seats to make seats! they make very high quality parts for the racer and the racers safety in mind, you make cheap seats to make money, please dont look me in the face and try to compare your quality to that of other seat manufacturers, when i get done laughing i will point you to the door

anyways, i hope i dont get banned for bagging on a vendors thread, but if i do, it was worth it:biggrin: i need a new screen name anyways.

to answer to this posting ,
"To each their own "
I'm just offering a cost conscience product to you guys rather than paying high prices for higher brand name Seats

It is the same concept as of would you buy a TOYOTA Camry vs a LEXUS es300.
there would be the same motor but the interior trims are different, and minor differences in the ext.
WHICH ONE WOULD YOU PURCHASE?

I can tell you that our seat manufacturer does make seats for major companies that have FIA approval for their seats.
But I can not disclose the name of the companies

As of right now we are waiting for the next testing date for having them approved.

We have our seats in drag cars, D1 drift cars, autocross, and road racing cars.

i know its hard to take my word as of the safety for these seats.
so thats why we are having our seats tested for FIA approval.

I'm comparing it to other styles because its comparable to it.
Because sometimes i get questions like ," which one would look more like the recaro spg, sparco speed, and etc...

you are open to your opinion and i do not take it as a bashing.
if I couldn't respond to this comment of your i wouldn't survive in this industry.

To end my note, I am just offering a cost efficient seat to those who would like a full bucket racing seat without having to spend a fortune.
If you can afford the higher name brand seats, I'm all for it.
I'm not deterring you from purchasing a higher name brand seat.

I stand behind my product and if a customer is not happy with their purchase, i will always refund their purchase.
i always want a customer to know what they're getting into and are informed of our seats.
I'm not here for a quick sale.

if you have any more comments or questions feel free to contact me.
via pm or email : [email protected]

MING

I don't think it is cool to bash a vendor on his/her own thread. It is ok, however, to ask questions:

Ming, I see you're trying to get your seats FIA approved. My question is, if your vendor in Asia gets their seats FIA certified, is it umbrella'd, or grandfathered, such that resellers who buy these seats can also claim these seats to be FIA certified under their own brand? In other words, 1) did your vendor in Asia get its seats FIA certified, and 2) if so, even if they get their seats certified, does f1spec have to certify it again since it is OEM'ing it with a different brand name?

I don't think it is cool to bash a vendor on his/her own thread. It is ok, however, to ask questions:

I second that. There is always a small group of people trying to show off their R parts, or trying to compare their R parts with the products that the vendors are trying to sell. I would suggest those people to back off, enjoy their R parts, and leave this vendors alone. Most of the people here on Prime is well educated enough to make their own judgement.

Ming, I see you're trying to get your seats FIA approved. My question is, if your vendor in Asia gets their seats FIA certified, is it umbrella'd, or grandfathered, such that resellers who buy these seats can also claim these seats to be FIA certified under their own brand? In other words, 1) did your vendor in Asia get its seats FIA certified, and 2) if so, even if they get their seats certified, does f1spec have to certify it again since it is OEM'ing it with a different brand name?

My manufacture in Asia has the ability to make FIA approved seats.
And makes FIA approved seats for a different high end company.

The seats i offerer right now are not FIA approved.
if that explains what i'm trying to say.

ming

I second that. There is always a small group of people trying to show off their R parts, or trying to compare their R parts with the products that the vendors are trying to sell. I would suggest those people to back off, enjoy their R parts, and leave this vendors alone. Most of the people here on Prime is well educated enough to make their own judgement.

thank you .
and if anyone has opinions on our seats, please feel free to tell me.
We Are all human , we will make mistakes.
we are always improving on every little aspect of our products.
and without the opinions and feedback from customers who use our products,
we can not do so.

ming

only complaint from me are more velcro on the bottom of the cushions so they dont slide as much(easy fix) 2nd other options of wrapped material :tongue:

will do , from now on there will be an additional velcro for the type r1 seats. included in the r1's now .

we can offer a different material but i need at least a 10 set buy in of the same seat, with the same material.
what would you like for seat cover material ?

ming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back