• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

f1spec Full bucket racin seats. in frp,cf,ck

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the gap between the bottom of the seat and floorboard? There is almost zero with the stock seat so when I remove the cushion I gain 2-3 inches. These may have less padding and so not lose any headroom overall but it's not like I can gain more by removing what padding there is. So I want to know about that gap if anyone can tell me.

What's the gap between the bottom of the seat and floorboard? There is almost zero with the stock seat so when I remove the cushion I gain 2-3 inches. These may have less padding and so not lose any headroom overall but it's not like I can gain more by removing what padding there is. So I want to know about that gap if anyone can tell me.

I got the F1 Spec Type 5 (I think, hard to tell from the website - http://f1spec.com/enlarge.html?http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-76493336636070_2141_901827) and the Buddy Club rails /and/ the low riser brackets (not included - costs extra).

Installing the seats is a PITA. I wanted my seat to touch the floor and the low riser brackets allow that. However, the side of the seat slightly presses against the slider mechanism and caused the seat to slide back during full acceleration (which sucks). So, I had to raise the seat one notch in the rear to get it not too touch. Now there is a ~1inch gap. I may be able to add a washer or two under the rear bracket to make it just fit.

On a side note, I can barely use the seats comfortably as my legs can barely fully press the pedals. I have a 30" inseam so I made a ~2" thick pad to go under the current backrest to get it just right.

On the left, the low riser brackets which get the seat a lot closer to the floor, thereby giving you more headroom. On the right is the bracket that comes with the Buddy Club rails.
attachment.php

On the drivers seat I used the normal bracket for the fronts and the low riser bracket in the rear. The rear bracket is set in the middle. If I set it to the bottom, the seat scrapes against the tabs for the slider mechanism.
attachment.php

The passenger seat is set at a different height than the drivers. It has front and rear buddy club brackets. Front is set at the second from the top and the rear is set at the lowest. The passenger seat is slid all the way backward.
attachment.php

The drivers seat is slid all the forward.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_1612.jpg
    DSC_1612.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,202
  • DSC_1607.jpg
    DSC_1607.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_1603.jpg
    DSC_1603.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_1600.jpg
    DSC_1600.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,189
  • DSC_1597.jpg
    DSC_1597.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,190
  • DSC_1596.jpg
    DSC_1596.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,183
  • DSC_1593.jpg
    DSC_1593.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_1580.jpg
    DSC_1580.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I got the F1 Spec Type 5 (I think, hard to tell from the website - http://f1spec.com/enlarge.html?http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-76493336636070_2141_901827) and the Buddy Club rails /and/ the low riser brackets (not included - costs extra).

Installing the seats is a PITA. I wanted my seat to touch the floor and the low riser brackets allow that. However, the side of the seat slightly presses against the slider mechanism and caused the seat to slide back during full acceleration (which sucks). So, I had to raise the seat one notch in the rear to get it not too touch. Now there is a ~1inch gap. I may be able to add a washer or two under the rear bracket to make it just fit.

On a side note, I can barely use the seats comfortably as my legs can barely fully press the pedals. I have a 30" inseam so I made a ~2" thick pad to go under the current backrest to get it just right.

On the left, the low riser brackets which get the seat a lot closer to the floor, thereby giving you more headroom. On the right is the bracket that comes with the Buddy Club rails.
attachment.php

On the drivers seat I used the normal bracket for the fronts and the low riser bracket in the rear. The rear bracket is set in the middle. If I set it to the bottom, the seat scrapes against the tabs for the slider mechanism.
attachment.php

The passenger seat is set at a different height than the drivers. It has front and rear buddy club brackets. Front is set at the second from the top and the rear is set at the lowest. The passenger seat is slid all the way backward.
attachment.php

The drivers seat is slid all the forward.
attachment.php
nice write up thanks, if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me

Ming from F1Spec

Contact Info:
Phone: 650-877-7788
Fax:650-877-7799
Email:[email protected]
Aim:F1Spec

I concur with CharlesCA, you need to be tall/or have long legs to use these seats with BuddyClub rails. I'm 5'11" and my seat is in the fully forward position.

Also, a side note regarding BuddyClub rails, man these rail suck. After you bolt them down tight, they warp a bit and its really hard to slide your seat. I would recommended 1 piece rails.

Ming,

What would be really, really helpful would be to list on your website the approximate size person that would fit in each seat.

I'm 5'10 & 185 - size 36" waist and I tried to sat in one of your seats (not sure which) and there was no way in hell I would fit. It was like trying to get into a kiddie booster seat. :tongue:

here are my type 3.. black/red with Carbon kevlar backing. Yes install was a PITA.. had to "mod" the seat rail to get me closer (5'4").. seats works fine as intended. some pictures: sorry for the poor cellphone quality..red turn to kinda pink red.. interior are all a parts..
f1spec1.jpg

f1spec2.jpg

f1spec3.jpg

Ming was very helpful throughout the entire time.. was going to send it back but decided to keep it..

what pictures do you need? I can always take bigger pictures for you.

Ming

Well I found a guy local that will recover them in leather for me. But I don't know if Im going to fit in them some have said that they are on the small side. I don't know if they are referring to your cheeper seats or the FIA seat. Could you measure the with on the inside. I don't want to put up my Custom Bride seats up for sale until I can confirm that your seats will fit.

Last edited:
Well I found a guy local that will recover them in leather for me. But I don't know if Im going to fit in them some have said that they are on the small side. I don't know if they are referring to your cheeper seats or the FIA seat. Could you measure the with on the inside. I don't want to put up my Custom Bride seats up for sale until I can confirm that your seats will fit.

The type 3,4,5 run on the small side because they fit up to a 34 wait and lower.
when it comes to the type 6 FIA approved seats, they fit up to a 36 waist.
But I'll measure the inside and keep you posted

Ming

I have a very nice set of F1 Spec Carbon Kevlar adjustable bucket seats out of a 91 NSX. Seats come with both a red and a black cover and one set of black pads and one set of red pads. They already have the side brackets and Bride rails. Ready to bolt in! Can sell as a package or just the seats as a pair. Let me know if your interested and I will provide some pictures.

I may be in the market for new seats been following most of this thread, what is the general consensus, it doesnt have to be all positive to pull the trigger. Just the price has to make sense for what you get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back