Acura NSX-T vs. Porsche 911 Turbo

Originally posted by Deqle:
Gordon,
Let me give you a piece of advice buddy, turn off your email instant notification, and jump over gthe P forum, then you won't have to be bother at all.

Hey, someone what to tell me how to stop the flood of e-mail notifications, then you guys can take this topic to the moon for all I care! I just need the e-mail flood to stop NOW!

Originally posted by bill92nsx:

G-man I fully agree with you that Honda has to step up in its next gen. of the NSX or just let it die out as what was once the best all around car in the world.

Bill, I fully agree. Heck, I would not have plunked down MSRP for my 2000 NSX and kept and drove it for 14 months if I didn't think it was a really good car... just not the really GREAT car that it could be. At this point, the techno/performance bar is much higher than it was in 1991 and Honda has their work cut out for them.

Originally posted by G-man:
someone what to tell me how to stop the flood of e-mail notifications, then you guys can take this topic to the moon for all I care! I just need the e-mail flood to stop NOW!

Perhaps you can change the e-mail address in your profile, to another one you have that isn't hooked up to your pager?

For those of you that are interested in the ride of your life... drop by Blacksburg, VA and I will be glad to make good on my offer.

Hello G-Man,

I am a lurker on NSX Prime as well as a VT Hokie. I have been an NSX
enthusiast since they began production, but hope to own one by next year. I
am a Hokie (1993) and would love to take you up on a ride in the 911 TT. I
will be at Homecoming in early October. (I may try to contact Lud as well. He and I share some friends).
Let me know if you are serious about a ride!!

------------------
KGB Agent

Gordon,
Your last post was good, it is an honest opinion, and I agree. Just don't put another car down and bring another one up cause we all know that with money then we can make all car go fast

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Perhaps you can change the e-mail address in your profile, to another one you have that isn't hooked up to your pager?

That should work. I can understand the notification driving your nuts!

Originally posted by kgb_agent:
Hello G-Man,

I am a lurker on NSX Prime as well as a VT Hokie. I have been an NSX
enthusiast since they began production, but hope to own one by next year. I
am a Hokie (1993) and would love to take you up on a ride in the 911 TT. I
will be at Homecoming in early October. (I may try to contact Lud as well. He and I share some friends).
Let me know if you are serious about a ride!!

Hey bring it on. Invite Lud along and we will settle this issue of what car is better once and for all and have you as a witness or a hostage depending on how it goes.
smile.gif

Originally posted by NetViper:
That should work. I can understand the notification driving your nuts!

Thanks, your compassion is touching. Too bad it wasn't 100 messages earlier.
wink.gif

I have it forwarded to my MSN account now, so while it notifies me, I can ignore when off-line. So, light it up boys, run this thread into the ground!

The NSX sucks and so you all of you!
smile.gif
hehehehe. (joking)

Originally posted by Deqle:
Gordon,
Let me give you a piece of advice buddy, turn off your email instant notification, and jump over gthe P forum, then you won't have to be bother at all.

Hey, someone tell me where the 996TT forum is and I will go pester them and trash the NSX in peace.
smile.gif

I think the Topic is already a foregone conclusion... no one is really arguing that (stock for stock) a 996TT will not under-perform at NSX-T
biggrin.gif

I think the REAL comparisons are:

NSX-T vs Porsche 996 normally aspirated
(pick any variant -- the Carrera 4S seems to be the best one)

This IMO SHOULD be the "fair" comparison

NSX might be close in dry weather... not even close in less-than-perfect conditions (the 11-year-old computers DO give a considerable bit up to the modern P996 PSM/TCS, etc)

P996TT vs NSX ?? (stock)
no contest in performance (speed, acceleration and braking); NSX may be "close" in dry-weather handling

360 Modena is somewhere in between the two, and trumps them both from a badge and "paddock appeal" perspective

P996TT vs modified NSX ??
NSX might win some bench-racing wars at the high end, but I don't think (short of a 3.8L + bore/stroke job) that it can possibly match the torque curve

P996 GT2 vs any NSX ??
in totally different leagues... GT2 would be gunning for ALLAN
biggrin.gif

Most GT2 talk is just that, given its $$$ structure puts it beyond most folks' reach...

##################

Gordon, Allan, Lud, Degle -- your cars are ALL faster than my 3.0L NSX 5-speed coupe.
smile.gif

##################

As far as the sniping at characters, needing to get a life, boosted-excreta, etc... I suggest we open up another thread.

All in good humor of course
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 26 August 2002).]

G-man your topic is going to break the server. I luv the 911TT and hope to get one with the triptronic some day. I would drive it year round in the snow. Would it need snow tires for that?

Deqle you can take any piece of crap car and invest money into it and beat the hell out almost any car. I saw a Kcar pull into the 10's on the 1/4 mile for a third of what the NSX without mods cost. What does value of the car have to do with anything? If anything it sounds as if you are bothered in some way that others are privelaged (my spelling sucks) in owning expensive cars. We already went through this before. At the end of the day what it all boils down to is if you are happy with what YOU have and not anyone else.B]

Bill, I totally agree with you.

Deqle, this cost vs performance thing is really a subject that can go on forever. sometimes you have to realize one thing, is that there are alot of people that would get an exotic for the prestige and prestige only. They could care less about performance. Sometimes its all about brand equity. Not meant to offend, just my 2 cents.

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Hey bring it on. Invite Lud along and we will settle this issue of what car is better once and for all and have you as a witness or a hostage depending on how it goes.
smile.gif

OK...you let me know how you prefer to be contacted. Maybe we can exchange cell #'s and meet up to tailgate. I like to hang out in LOT 1 by Cassell. Homecoming is October 19. My cousin is getting married on 10/18 in Roanoke so I will be in the area early. I'm anxious already!!

------------------
KGB Agent

It is a shame we even have to have this NSX vs XXX car battle... and more often than not, the NSX is at a disadvantage...

If honda had taken steps to gradually improve the car like Porsche did with the 911.. right now we would be comparing the porsche to an NSX with a 3.8L V6 with 345+HP, some version of PSM, maybe AWD and a bunch of other refinements. It's kind of sad.

I have never been a huge Porsche fan, but I must say I respect their goals of always improving their cars. I wish Honda had taken this approach with the NSX.
frown.gif

Not changing the power since 97 is a big loss IMO.

Oh well..

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 26 August 2002).]

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 26 August 2002).]

Originally posted by cojones:
I think the Topic is already a foregone conclusion... no one is really arguing that (stock for stock) a 996TT will not under-perform at NSX-T
biggrin.gif

I think the REAL comparisons are:

NSX-T vs Porsche 996 normally aspirated
(pick any variant -- the Carrera 4S seems to be the best one)

This IMO SHOULD be the "fair" comparison

NSX might be close in dry weather... not even close in less-than-perfect conditions (the 11-year-old computers DO give a considerable bit up to the modern P996 PSM/TCS, etc)

P996TT vs NSX ?? (stock)
no contest in performance (speed, acceleration and braking); NSX may be "close" in dry-weather handling

360 Modena is somewhere in between the two, and trumps them both from a badge and "paddock appeal" perspective

P996TT vs modified NSX ??
NSX might win some bench-racing wars at the high end, but I don't think (short of a 3.8L + bore/stroke job) that it can possibly match the torque curve

P996 GT2 vs any NSX ??
in totally different leagues... GT2 would be gunning for ALLAN

Most GT2 talk is just that, given its $$$ structure puts it beyond most folks' reach...

##################

Gordon, Allan, Lud, Degle -- your cars are ALL faster than my 3.0L NSX 5-speed coupe.
smile.gif

##################

As far as the sniping at characters, needing to get a life, boosted-excreta, etc... I suggest we open up another thread.

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 26 August 2002).]

What about a Supra.I think a Supra could take them all.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T BBSC Spa Yellow
93 Supra TT T-61
97 Viper GTS w/Corsa,K/N

Where is Allan, haven't heard from him, this isn't normal for him to miss out on this thread. Hope he didn't get banned but I can't see any reason why.

Where is Allan, haven't heard from him, this isn't normal for him to miss out on this thread. Hope he didn't get banned but I can't see any reason why.

Speaking of banned, maybe we need to let ravetek back on... He is doing well on NSXSC.. seems to be a little more mature.. and I think we should let him back.

Speaking of banned, maybe we need to let ravetek back on... He is doing well on NSXSC.. seems to be a little more mature.. and I think we should let him back.

What, it's too dull around here lately?
smile.gif

We recently filled up twelve pages with 600+ posts in one thread. ravetek could fill up twelve pages with twelve posts.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, it's up to Lud whether or not to let him back. If ravetek is interested, I would let him take it up with Lud himself; I don't think we should be lobbying for it, one way or the other. Besides, for all we know, maybe ravetek doesn't even want to come back.

I've watched from afar on this one and the Super Car showdown horsecrap that was published. Take all the hot s#i+ cars from these last 2 two threads and any other forum for that matter and do a showdown of our own. Rent any track you like in the Mid-West so its within range of east/west coast, Heartland Park in Topeka KS, Mid-America in Neb. or Hallett in OK and put them on the track. Hell, do the next NSXPO there as well. These published comparisons are BS, yet everyone quote stats like its the 11th commandment. The track is where the cars are made, not some magazine article. To my knowledge, no one has ever done this. No pro drivers or hired guns, just street legal cars.

Allan sent me e-mail and says he seems to be banned! He doesn't want to miss out, but can't post?!
frown.gif

Originally posted by Tony Montoya:
G-man your topic is going to break the server. I luv the 911TT and hope to get one with the triptronic some day. I would drive it year round in the snow. Would it need snow tires for that?

You would be VERY surprise how good these cars are in the snow. I got caught twice out late in the snow with the 1996 C4S and it was GREAT! And that was with Pirelli P-Zeros on there. I can't imagine what would happen with snow tires.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
These published comparisons are BS, yet everyone quote stats like its the 11th commandment. The track is where the cars are made, not some magazine article. To my knowledge, no one has ever done this. No pro drivers or hired guns, just street legal cars.

Well, you just don't get out much do you? I would simply refer to you the "Best MOTORing" video series VOL 03 titled "Porsche 996 Turbo, The King?!". They conduct 4 seperate tests, 1) Subjective Public Roads Test, 2) Autocross Course, 3) Race Track and 4) Drag Strip. They choose some JDM cars, the NSX Type S, Ferrari 360 Modena and the Porsche 996 Turbo. They even swap drivers and run different heats with different drivers so you can't claim the better driver got the better car. They even make the Porsche start DEAD LAST in the 3 lap road race test. RESULT: in EVERY test, the Porsche 996 comes out on top. The NSX Type S isn't even in the same zipcode when the 911 crosses the finish line.

You need to grow and do your research before you start spouting off. And if Allan could still post here, he would back me up on this.
smile.gif

Back