Acura NSX-T vs. Porsche 911 Turbo

Originally posted by G-man:

As to the PCM Nav screen problem, a NAV unit has no place in a Porsche. End of comment.

That is a lame excuse.. give me a break.

As to the speedo error, THAT IS BY DESIGN! you idiots! It is intended to keep Porsche owners out of jail!

Once again, completely rediculous.. If my speedo is off, i want to know it. And IF you know you are only doing 75 when your speedo says 85.. I bet you go 90 to go a "real 80" on the interstate. You are not going to drive slower just because of what your speedo says if you know it is wrong.
rolleyes.gif

Anymore excuses of porsche problems?

Originally posted by NetViper:
Once again, completely rediculous.. If my speedo is off, i want to know it. And IF you know you are only doing 75 when your speedo says 85.. I bet you go 90 to go a "real 80" on the interstate. You are not going to drive slower just because of what your speedo says if you know it is wrong.
rolleyes.gif

Maybe the real reason they make the speedometer read incorrectly is to help the bench racers.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Since this thread has nothing to do with the NSX, shouldn't it be moved to the Off Topic forum?
confused.gif

That is Ok, I will save you the trouble by closing out the topic. This was originally a discussion about the NSX vs. the 911TT and as such was appropriate for this area, so if we stop now, then it will live on in place and Ken won't be so offended... or at the very least won't be able to reply!
smile.gif

Thank you all for your comments. You can always e-mail me directly at [email protected] with your comments or with challenges. Allan and I will take on all of you who dare make the challenge.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by G-man (edited 26 August 2002).]

Since this thread has nothing to do with the NSX, shouldn't it be moved to the Off Topic forum?
confused.gif

It pains me to no end to say this: but I agree with nsxtacy [ugh].

I'm unclear as to why this thread was considered appropriate under the General forum when the Comptech thread was gutted for being Off Topic.

Some of us spent countless hours going through old magazine articles and track times posting and debating stats on various cars in attempting to make an informed comparison with the NSX based on reasonably reliable, objective criteria, only to find most of those statistics removed.

Yet here, the same comparisons are made with even fewer facts supporting the merit of the comparison and the thread continues -- with moderator participation no less.

I also wonder about this:
Originally posted by ALLAN:
boostedpos sent me his picture.

[discussion by email]

-- DavidV
biggrin.gif

www.boostedgroup.com

[This message has been edited by BoostedMR2 (edited 26 August 2002).]

Yes.

Ken, you crack me up dude. You definately need a life.

so if we stop now, then it will live on in place and Ken won't be so offended... or at the very least won't be able to reply!

Gordon, why do you repeatedly take swipes at me? It's not enough for you to spend $130K on a car and then come back here to gloat?

Gordon, why do you repeatedly take swipes at me? It's not enough for you to spend $130K on a car and then come back here to gloat?

Gee Ken, I didn't think I was gloating, I thought I was raising the issue of what I hoped the next generation NSX should be like in order to remain competative based on how incredible the new Porsche 996TT was compared to the current NSX, even when modified. I was not gloating, I don't think any of my posts were like that at all. You on the other had seem to spend all day sifting through all the topics settings us all straight and trying to impress us all with your seemingly boundless knowledge.

As to this thread, Lud, do us all a favor and close it out. I would have already done it except I don't have permission. I am sorry that Ken has to spoil it for the others. I thought we could talk about how the next generation NSX might raise the bar for a $130K supercar given the rival Porsche Turbo specs. Nothing self serving there, just a hope that the NSX faithful get their day in the sun sometime. I think Allan among other were correct that it is difficult to imagine a set of circumstances where all but the most heavily modified NSX could take on the 996 TT, so hopefully the NSX will continue to evolve toward that end.

Goodnight all, and thank you for coming!

I am surprised that some of you have other performance cars, like P-cars as well as your NSX. ]

I think many of us are first and foremost car enthusiasts, who happen to be fans of the NSX. As such, many of us have other performance cars in our stables as well.

I know many on this board have the same goal as me which is to collect and experience as many fine machines as possible in this lifetime...

[This message has been edited by 8000RPM (edited 26 August 2002).]

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
I think many of us are first and foremost car enthusiasts, who happen to be fans of the NSX. As such, many have other performance cars in our stables as well.

I know many on this board have the same goal as me which is to collect and experience as many fine machines as possible in this lifetime...

Very well put. I have owned 20 cars in the last 8 years myself, including the NSX. While I still have things on the "must buy" list like a Viper, a Lambo and a few other odds and ends, I share the groups general enthusiasm for the pursuit of automotive perfection. I look forward to the next generation NSX and may even find myself owning one should Honda deliver on the promise of providing one of the most technologically advanced cars in the world as the NSX once was back in 1991. It is a new world now with Twin Turbos, all-wheel-drive and much more than the JDM limit of 280hp, so I think it is time for Honda to step up and make it happen. I can't wait for the day I get to post that I bought a 2004 NSX and how it puts my now aging 996TT to shame with its raw performance and overall styling and characteristics.
wink.gif

Gee Ken, I didn't think I was gloating, I thought I was raising the issue of what I hoped the next generation NSX should be like in order to remain competative based on how incredible the new Porsche 996TT was compared to the current NSX, even when modified.

I am with Ken on this one... It sounds to me like you posted your message to tell EVERYONE how much better your 911TT is than the NSX. I mean.. can we take this comment "For those of you that think you have what it takes to go up against me, then bring on your NSX and bring your lunch, but I can tell you now, you will not go home a happy camper." any other way?

Like I said before, there are numerous NSX's on this board that will wipe your car off the planet. Yes, they have been heavily modified, BUT even with mods, they do not equal 130K!! (note, I am not referring to that POS Comptech NSX C&D tested).

Also, this comment "but when you get right down to it, for me, it was a matter owning one of the finest sports cars in the world." ... are you saying the NSX is not one of them???

PS.. since this is on the Off-Topic Forum.. perhaps this thread can be as fun as my favorite C&D thread
smile.gif

Originally posted by NetViper:
PS.. since this is on the Off-Topic Forum.. perhaps this thread can be as fun as my favorite C&D thread
smile.gif

If you want to argue, do it on your own time and don't blow out my thread.

The thread is not "your thread", Gordon. It belongs to all of us at NSXprime. Anyone can post anything they want (within Lud's rules). If it takes the thread in another direction, well, that's the way conversations sometimes go; one minute you're talking about the MR2, and the next minute you're talking about seats.

You can post whatever you want, but you can't tell other people "you can only talk about such-and-such issue" and you can't close out a topic. If you don't like what someone else posts, you can post why you don't like it, but you can't stop them from posting what they want. Just because you start a topic doesn't give you the right to decide what is discussed within it or when it will end.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 26 August 2002).]

What have I been missing out on?
This thread is great
biggrin.gif
a sequel to the other thread.

First of all--Gman congratulations and good luck in your 996tt. That is one nice ride, although it is not my cup of tea (actually prefer the old 993tt). Being an exowner of the 993tt these cars are bulletproof and will easily pass the 100,00 miles problem free. Mine had 74,000 miles when I got rid of it and during that time, never not once did anything ever go wrong. These cars are bulletproof and won't even breakdown if you beat on them day and night and mine was modded (550hp and 500lbs of torque).

Second of all--Deqle chill out. We already learned from the other thread that the NSX is the all almighty and nothing holds a torch to it.
biggrin.gif

You on the other had seem to spend all day sifting through all the topics settings us all straight and trying to impress us all with your seemingly boundless knowledge.

I am sorry that Ken has to spoil it for the others.

Gordon, you didn't answer my question. Why do you repeatedly take swipes at me? Why do you feel such hostility, and why do you need to display it?

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 26 August 2002).]

Please don't kill this thread, I felt lost when the other one was yanked.
frown.gif

Nsxtasy I was just kidding
smile.gif
or maybe not
biggrin.gif

Where were we now?

yeah right G-man, your P ($130,000) against a Supercharge 2002 NSX ($100,000) with the right mod and driver, will stomp your car all day long (at least one car length. As for the modify ZO6, your car gonna get stomp by a car which's cost half as much, and either cars still look better than the P. And you see they really don't gloat about it; Remember who's started this thread (On the NSX forum, I might add, why don't you go to the P forum and gloat, then we wouldn't even say a thing, but this is our turf.) Alan, you don't know me too well, yeah I think you are trying to show off, and you got a big mouth for a middle aged guy, and I just don't like you. Thanks for the PANTIES comment, I get them quite OFTEN too. We will need to get all the car together so we can end this.

The thread is not "your thread", Gordon. It belongs to all of us at NSXprime. Anyone can post anything they want (within Lud's rules). If it takes the thread in another direction, well, that's the way conversations sometimes go

Ken, that is all fine and good, you and the rest of the group and engage in whatever form of verbal masterbati0n that you want to all friggin day long if you like, but i have e-mail notification turned on for every reply and my e-mail sends to my phone and other devices, so everytime you guys end up chit-chatting at 3AM, then it disturbs me. I have asked Lud to terminate this thread and you guys can torture each other all day long if you like! But not on my nickle.

As to why I take swipes at you it is because you live for it, you ask for it and it is the only thing that continues to give your otherwise meaningless life purpose!

[This message has been edited by G-man (edited 26 August 2002).]

Originally posted by Deqle:
yeah right G-man, your P ($130,000) against a Supercharge 2002 NSX ($100,000) with the right mod and driver, will stomp your car all day long (at least one car length. As for the modify ZO6, your car gonna get stomp by a car which's cost half as much, and either cars still look better than the P. And you see they really don't gloat about it; Remember who's started this thread (On the NSX forum, I might add, why don't you go to the P forum and gloat, then we wouldn't even say a thing, but this is our turf.) Alan, you don't know me too well, yeah I think you are trying to show off, and you got a big mouth for a middle aged guy, and I just don't like you. Thanks for the PANTIES comment, I get them quite OFTEN too. We will need to get all the car together so we can end this.

Deqle you can take any piece of crap car and invest money into it and beat the hell out almost any car. I saw a Kcar pull into the 10's on the 1/4 mile for a third of what the NSX without mods cost. What does value of the car have to do with anything? If anything it sounds as if you are bothered in some way that others are privelaged (my spelling sucks) in owning expensive cars. We already went through this before. At the end of the day what it all boils down to is if you are happy with what YOU have and not anyone else.

G-man I fully agree with you that Honda has to step up in its next gen. of the NSX or just let it die out as what was once the best all around car in the world.

Gordon,
Let me give you a piece of advice buddy, turn off your email instant notification, and jump over gthe P forum, then you won't have to be bother at all.

Originally posted by bill92nsx:
Can't we all just get along?
biggrin.gif

Nsxtasy I was only joking before

For the record, I was joking too.
smile.gif

Back