Acura NSX-T vs. Porsche 911 Turbo

How do you want me to contact you when I come around. On this forum or privately. If you want, my info is availbe, I just want to do this, and I don't really care what's kind of car you drive cause I don't want to be in the same category like you.

NSXtacy,
Well, that is just beautiful, save myself more money. Not bad, thanks man.

I'm also 02'Porsche TT owner. The only problem I have is the ride is too rough on the old Los Angeles freeway. Interior noise gives me a headache if I drive more than 45 mins on the freeway. If you do a lot of daily driving. I would recommand NSX over PorscheTT.

Btw, I'm able to keep up with my friend's well tuned 500hp 01' Z06. My car is all stock. So I don't think TT will lose to a stock Z06 or even SC NSX.

------------------
porschett.JPG
Super Xenon

And that darn Porsche even has a really cool cup holder too
biggrin.gif

Just to chime in for a second and ask...

Do any of us doubt for a second that if the CEO of Honda said "Make it happen" that they could turn the NSX into a real supercar???

I know Honda has the capability and technology to build something unreal!

Its funny, this whole "NSX" thing we are all feeling kind of relates to what my boss told me last week... "You are too comfortable and not producing the high performance work routine that I am used to seeing"
eek.gif

I just wish that Honda would S**T or get off the pot! I know they can do it!

As for the Porsche, I have always been a great fan of their engineering, except for the 924 Hahaha
biggrin.gif

sigh...if i had all the money for the cars allan has, i think i'd be driving around to talk to you guys in person, instead of playing with this computer.

in fact, id even go visit boosted. i've gotten really curious about his rabid mrII.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
as far as the lambo accelerating a bit quicker than an nsx, haha you are sadly mistaken, as i will leave your nsx,supercharged or not, like it was standing still.

Well, my Dad had a 1968 Lamborghini Miura P400SV and I can tell you that I am not even stupid enough to challenge Allan in the 966TT. That would be a possible close match, but too much technology and raw power in the Diablo to fit my comfort zones. I only run races that I know I can win!
wink.gif

I don't judge cars by 1/4 mile times anyway. I agree that a race track is the place to settle these kinds of disputes, not the drag strip. I can tell you from personal experience that my NSX would trounce the Ferrari 360 Modena in the turns and get blasted away on the straights. It was the most frustrating day of my racing career. The NSX has so much potential, but until they slam a V8 or better yet a V10 into that puppy, add all wheel drive and get a REAL suspension system under there, the NSX has no hope of displacing even mere Ferraris, not to mention Lambos.

As far as the new Lambos, all I can say is "Dag gone Allan, what do YOU do for a living!".
smile.gif

Originally posted by topdaytrader:
I'm also 02'Porsche TT owner. The only problem I have is the ride is too rough on the old Los Angeles freeway. Interior noise gives me a headache if I drive more than 45 mins on the freeway. If you do a lot of daily driving. I would recommand NSX over PorscheTT.

Now that I would have to agree with. I was out in LA a few years ago for SIGGRAPH and rented an NSX while I was out there for Canyon runs and late night interstate havoc. It was great! The car delt with the throws of daily traffic VERY will while I was out there. The 966TT is VERY stiff, but on the highways "back east" and on the mountain roads around here... not to mention the race track where it will no doubt see a lot of use, it is perfect. No luxury GT highway cruiser setup here.
smile.gif

Thanks to all of you for the comments. I am surprised that some of you have other performance cars, like P-cars as well as your NSX. I certainly can understand why. Very different cars for very different moods. Thanks for all the input. I didn't wan this to degrade into an argument over who's daddy can beat up Allan's Daddy.
smile.gif

Originally posted by NetViper:
Deqle.. also remember allan has nitrous in his Lambo..

Hey, maybe Deqle and Allan can take this contest to another thread.
smile.gif
I chose to get a notification each time there is a reply and now am saturated with e-mails. Not a problem over the weekend, but this is the real world and some of us have to work.
smile.gif

If anyone has any more thoughts about the NSX vs. 996TT then we can pick it up there, but if not, then I will close out the topic and Allan can defend his honor (not to mention his manhood) in another thread.
wink.gif

Personally, I have $20 on Allan to win every time. Allan, let me know if I ever have to payup... hahahahaha!

[This message has been edited by G-man (edited 26 August 2002).]

What about this comment..

"You can visit any auto forum on the web, even lexus, acura,honda,toyota etc...All manufacturers have problems with product reliability, Porsche is different though.

My experience with Porsches, unlike other brands,is that they usually have a variety of problems during the warranty period,dealers usually fix them with right with updated parts and then the problems do not reappear after the warrant expires.

Don't Fret over it. Just consider your self a beta test driver.
"

What a load of crap. I would never buy a NEW car and think of myself as a beta test! Give me a break! Ths guy has obviously never owned an NSX.

You guys are just sad (not everyone). Ohh, just because someone have more money and more cars, all of a sudden, everything they said is right and you have to boosted their ego everytime so he can be your friends. Don't you guys have a mind of your own. If your short coming stop you from getting to the level of comfort you want, then put more effort into it, and maybe you will get to that level, but don't ever just agree with what's everything someone said, differences sometime is a good thing. As far as the race is concern, I am tire of who's car is faster than who, I will let the action speak for itself.

Originally posted by G-man:
I don't know, someone with a hightly modified NSX come on down and we will see for ourselves.
smile.gif

Gordon,

Congratulations on the new car. Certainly more fun than that MDX you've been tooling around in.

As for "the ride of my life," when/where will you have the new p-bug at the track next? Maybe we can compare notes.

P.S. I've been enjoying the same performance as the 911TT (save maybe the 0-60 time due to the AWD) for years with my supercharged NSX... But I guess the P-bug makes a better winter beater with the AWD.
wink.gif

P.P.S. What happened to the Ferrari you were going to get?

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 26 August 2002).]

Originally posted by Deqle:
As far as the race is concern, I am tire of who's car is faster than who, I will let the action speak for itself.

I am thinking Deqle has a pretty quick NSX to be talking that smack
smile.gif

In the process of cooking up a nitrous system. Will be done soon, but got other things to take care first.

Originally posted by nsxrock:
Here is a post on CGI's board from a TT 996 owner and past NSX owner (2 of them) that was not happy with his TT 996 and MUCH preferred the NSX over it.
Is that the first owners usually get all of the aggravation and tears. Its the second owners who get the joy of trouble free Porsche motoring.It has been that way for DECADES! From the 356 on up.

Right now you have a $120K pain in the neck on 4 wheels.But It sounds like they are doing everything they can for it. As for the PCM screen, I would hound PCNA and also Seimens Automotive Telematics Division.

The speedo, your hosed. EU regs proscribe a 7-9% OVERESTIMATION of speed.

Save for the PCM, there doesnt seem to be anything on your car that cannot be fixed. If I owned it, I would be just as ticked off as you are.

Some Porsches are oil swillers and some aren't. It is a flat six. In the 8 that I have owned I have never ever gotten more than 1000 miles without needing a quart of oil, but I drive them really hard. I did have one, a 86 Carrera, that did initially need a quart of oil every 500 miles, but after 12K it tapered down to 1 qrt every 1200 - 1500 miles.

These threads only give 1/2 the picture. I have to try to defend Porsche, but since I have owned 3 now, 1975 911S, 1996 C4S, and 2002 911 Turbo, I feel I have a look at what these issues are really alike across a 30 year gap.

First off, the relibility thing is crap. If you drive the car properly, break it in as instructed and maintain it regularly there is really very little that you have to do to these cars. There are some quality control issues here and there, but in my experience it has been an isolated event and not indicative of overall quality.

As to the PCM Nav screen problem, a NAV unit has no place in a Porsche. End of comment. Want an Nav system, Buy a CL type S, there is nothing better than Acura Nav.

As to the speedo error, THAT IS BY DESIGN! you idiots! It is intended to keep Porsche owners out of jail! We routinely may drive 85 miles per hour and it is nice to know that wer are actually much closer to 75 miles per hour and therefore keep us out of jail in most states where 80mph will buy you jail time.

The other issue that is absurd is that all Porsche cars will swill oil. Most 911s will traditionally burn about 1 QT every 1,000 miles that is true, but if you ask Porsche as I have, they will tell you that traditionally, the 911 used the engine oil for both engine and transmission cooling and had 13 QTs of oil and baffels in the oil reservoir to ensure high speed oil supply. Porsche contends that oil is a "consumable" and a "lubricant" and that a portion of burned off, evaporated due to heat and lost due to friction. This is NO NEED FOR ALARM!

So far, the current models, at least mine, don't seem to burn any oil. I guess only time will tell. The thread here seems to atypical to what I have experienced, or at least only valid from a perspective that seems a little clouded.

Originally posted by Lud:
As for "the ride of my life," when/where will you have the new p-bug at the track next? Maybe we can compare notes.

P.P.S. What happened to the Ferrari you were going to get?

Lud, for you buddy, we can make it happen. I would be REALLY interested in seeing how your Comptech NSX SC will run against the 911TT! We will have to book some track time for sure. That would be fun no matter who wins!
smile.gif
I might even let you win just so you and the NSXers here could ingnight a thread to end all threads.
smile.gif
hehehehe.

As for the Ferrari, I found that the 360 Modena and the 996TT really were in different leagues performance wise. The 996TT seemed to always come out on top and the Ferrari just seemed to be a waste of time and money. I really admire what Porsche has done with this car given the added size and weight. I don't see that same "evolution" from the Ferrari 348, 355, 360 progress. Also the interior ergonomics in the Ferrari are also abominable. The Porsche ergo is always top notch.

G-man, your dad had a muira? i'm jealous! ive always wanted one, and each time ive considered purchasing one something else has come up. the sound they make is like no other!

Degle, i dont understand what having money has to do with any of this. i was speaking up for a car i dont even own. i think its you that has an inferiority complex. i write about my lambo, lotus and nsx experiences because i can and do compare them to each other and other cars out there. if you think thats showing off, then too bad for you,get over it. i see it as sharing automotive experiences.

as to contacting me for our "big"race, you can email me or contact me via this list. do yourself a favor and choose your battles wisely. race the lotus, you might just beat that one! maybe we can round up a 996 tt for you to run also. and we can video it and post the results here.

chill out my friend and dont get your panties in a bunch!

coming up with 2 people who didnt like their 996 tt is a great way of showing why thousands of people line up to get them. those were people having teething problems in the beginning. how many people do you think were unhappy when they bought their first nsx, raced a 300zx tt, lost and then the tranny blew up due to snap ring failure?

go ahead guys, let it rip, im ready for ya!lol

p.s. im going to go drive my nsx now. it needs tires. cant wait to get into my baby and take it for a spin!

coming up with 2 people who didnt like their 996 tt is a great way of showing why thousands of people line up to get them. those were people having teething problems in the beginning. how many people do you think were unhappy when they bought their first nsx, raced a 300zx tt, lost and then the tranny blew up due to snap ring failure?

Haha! Touche', the NSX wasn't exactly error free either were they?!
wink.gif

As to my 996TT, so far the cup holder sticks, the ask tray door rubs against the console and sticks, my headlights are aimed too low due to my 2,400 ft increase in elevation for the sea level setting at the dealer and oh yeah, the driver door doesn't close just right to snick into place and the car rattles a bit after just 300 miles... etc, etc, etc.

Now, do I give a damn!? NO! These people who want to gripe are just looking for things to gripe about. You don't hear me out there complaining about these little things. This car is UN-F@#$ING-BELIEVABLE! I would never nit-pick a car like this to death for the sake of wanting something to gripe about.

how many people do you think were unhappy when they bought their first nsx, raced a 300zx tt, lost and then the tranny blew up due to snap ring failure?

Zero. I have never heard of the snap ring failing during a race. Also, the snap ring problem was not a "teething problem", since it didn't affect the first third of all NSX production.

Originally posted by G-man:
As to my 996TT, so far the cup holder sticks, the ask tray door rubs against the console and sticks, my headlights are aimed too low due to my 2,400 ft increase in elevation for the sea level setting at the dealer and oh yeah, the driver door doesn't close just right to snick into place and the car rattles a bit after just 300 miles... etc, etc, etc.

That sure sounds like a lot of problems for a brand new car... When I brought home my new '91 NSX (and my new '94 Integra, and my new '01 Integra) the car was absolutely perfect, no problems at all.

Why would the elevation affect the aim of the headlights?

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 26 August 2002).]

Back