ZO6...In disbelief

I don't know why that good friend is surprised. :wink: 330-340rwhp NSX vs 440-450rwhp Z06? :confused:

He knew he was going to be smoked, he just didn't expect to get smoked that fast...

A stock C6 is pretty much as fast as any CTSC NSX in the 1/4. Both run between 112-115 MPH.

Have you seen GM leather interiors before? Yuck. I need to see this one for myself, not the glamour shots internet photoshopped airbrushed version.

The quality is certainly not the best. You are right about that. However, vinyl isnt great either.

But hands down the quality of the NSX leather seats blows away any chevy I have ever been in.

I just drove a lexus ES350 this weekend and it was far better also; however, after sampling the leather in the LS460, it make the 350 feel like junk.

You get what you pay for.... speaking of which.. when you are getting a lambo?

because with "all the goodies" it probably has closer to 400.... regardless, a ctsc nsx is goddamn fast and 6 car lengths is a lot.

No, I was there when "his friend's" :wink: car was dyno'd. 6 car lengths is not all that much, look at this stock Z06's trap 127mph in the 1/4 mile. Comptech NSX's usually trap 112-118 depending on mod level and psi (the psi on the car in question was a low boost 6 psi).

Last edited:
I figured, like you said, that road works is where they would flash.

Yeah, my ticket in Holland was 138 kph in a 100, automatically reduced by law to 132. Cost me €178 for 32 over limit. Of course had to pay cash because I have non-NL plates. But I figure a €178 tax in 10-15 years is not bad.
I don’t know how they are about taking away foreign licences, the vulnerable ones are the residents like your friend of course.
I guess I would have to do something pretty dangerous to piss a cop off enough for them to rip my licence up. At that point they would have to impound the car too, if I were driving alone.
Klayton, can you tell me what kind of cars the cops have there? I have only seen one type, a Mercedes station wagon helping some poor guy to jump start his car in a gas station. Yes, a real cop, not ADAC.
So an NSX travelling at 200 would be a pretty difficult thing to catch at night with one of those. 200 is about as fast as I go constantly, sometimes 220, that’s pretty *ucking fast when passing slower traffic, not really safe, I usually slow down again to 200. Like you said a car pulling out without looking requires real on-the-limit braking and handling power at that speed. Happened two times on the way home last Friday. No listening to the radio or telephone answering when driving at that speed.
I guess as the motorways get more crowded, people get lazier and don’t expect fast traffic as much. Pity.
In Belgium, people don’t get points on their licence (even getting flashed in Belgium. In Belgium people never get stopped, the only cars I have seen getting stopped here are ratty looking French cars filled with teenagers coming back from Holland ,. Coffee shop runs, I guess and the cops know that. They have agreed with the French government’s request to hassle them, poor guys), but we UK licence holders get points (if we get a ticket in the UK, that is). I believe the Dutch have points too (if getting caught in Holland). But in the UK, we don’t get points for being flashed, everybody complained and got Parliament to change the law, I believe.

The key is to drive a British registered car, not in Britain, but everywhere else in Europe. My fast cars (UK registered) seem to be immune to flashing on mainland Europe. When in Britain I try to take it slow, or use a Belgium registered car.
I hope it stays like that for another 10 years. You would be surprised how many LHD British registered fast cars, like Porsches etc, i've seen driving on the mainland! We must be on to a good thing!

You may be right about doom and gloom stories, they come from somewhere. But for me mainland Europe is driving paradise.
Peter

PS. I got pulled over in Belgium another time. I forgot. The cop asked me for a drive in my car, he had a big smile when I blasted around town with him. That was why he stopped me. God I love this place!

um, Z06 interiors rule!

The quality is certainly not the best. You are right about that. However, vinyl isnt great either.

But hands down the quality of the NSX leather seats blows away any chevy I have ever been in.

I just drove a lexus ES350 this weekend and it was far better also; however, after sampling the leather in the LS460, it make the 350 feel like junk.

You get what you pay for.... speaking of which.. when you are getting a lambo?

The BEST leather seats I have seen in a car are in the S60-R. More comfortable than any other car I have been in. It's not a cheap car but it's not the most expensive. I'm not a big fan of the IS350's leather seats, they are too stiff. I've been Lexol'ing the heck out of them and they are getting better.

Lambo (or 360 or R8...) is about 12-18 months out. Lots of things to get done before that! The next 12 months are going to be spent setting up the garage...

C6 ZO6...are we so silly to think our NSX is real competition?

The NSX is a great car of the past that can hold it's own with many performance cars that are newer but it's glory days are gone. I still love it and believe I always will, but have no illusions about what it is, or what it was.
It's place in automotive history is secure.

I for one love this car and doubt I'll ever part with it.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with this interior. Sure it ain't Ferrari F430 quality, but it's pretty darn good to me.

InteriorShot.jpg
Looks good for now but give it 2-3 years :wink:

The C6 Z06 is an awesome performance machine for its price but I'd wait 2-3 years when its value has depreciated into the ~30K range (price of a 91 NSX) then it would be a super bargain :smile:.

My dad just got Z06 C6 two months ago and it is a demon on the road. I felt like i was driving an Accord after getting back in the NSX. Now that I have driven both for a while I must say I enjoy the NSX for its superior cabin view and uniqueness. As far as the interior goes I am considering purchasing my 3rd center console after the previous two have peeled or cracked due to poor quality. My brother's lexus is same year as my NSX and has 190k miles and dash / console still looks great. He doesn't take care of his car at all and the interior holds up better than mine. Honda clearly spent money on the performance of their car and not the interior. If Honda was big on interiors the car would have pushed well over $100k sticker. However, it is still nicer on the inside than the Vette!!!

Had to laugh...I went back to the dealership where I first saw the Z06...and the owner just brought his new pride and joy to the dealership...lol...a Lamborghini Galardo...go figure...lol...go figure...

Dam:cool:

Had to laugh...I went back to the dealership where I first saw the Z06...and the owner just brought his new pride and joy to the dealership...lol...a Lamborghini Galardo...go figure...lol...go figure...

Dam:cool:

:biggrin: Ha!!!

Hmm, then again...is it possible he has a ZO6 as a second car:confused:

The interior picture on the C5 Z06 reminds me of two interiors I've seen before - one on my 1996 Chevy Cavalier and the other on my freind's 1998 Chevy Silverado. It's made of recycled lego parts!

The interior on the C6 looks much better but still has some ways to go. I will say that to me, the 16-year-old NSX interior design is still better than even that of the new Vette but Chevy makes up for it in the engine dept.

Speaking of which, this whole comparison between a C5/C6 and NSX makes no sense. NSX is a well built but unfortunate car because Honda didn't let it evolve as fast as it's competitors did. Yes, in the beggining it was a sweet ride, it was VERY competitive and it changed a lot of things in the exotic car world. Anyone dare to compare the 1991 NSX to a 1991 Vette??? Of course not, a 91 Vette can be bought for less than 10K these days and you better have your 2nd mortgage ready to cover the repair bills.

During the lifespan of the NSX there have been three different generations of the Vette. The Vette has just now finally become a world class car while the NSX was winning GT championships over a decade ago!!

This comparison makes about as much sense as if you were to go to the Vette forum and ask if you should get a F430 or 1991 C4. C'mon!

I'm compelled to finally chime in on this topic. I've owned many sweet cars over the years, most of them were American cars. The NSX is my first Jap car. I've also owned many Honda bikes, lawn mowers, ATV's. Everything from Honda has been trouble free which is a high compliment about the Japanese engineering capabilities. I've also had very good luck with a variety of my American cars and some not so pleasant experiences. I had heard so much hype about how superior the Japanese cars were in build quality to the American products. Having now owned my NSX for 4 years, I just don't see how superior it is. Sure it is a very well built car, but it sure isn't light years ahead of some of my other rides. But I still love the car and don't see the need to bash everything else.

I have a very good friend who has a new C-6 Z06 and this is by far the most fun car I have ever driven. After driving the Chevy for a day and then going home in my NSX, it was so anemic feeling that it took a couple of days to re-evaluate why I even have the NSX.

My point is that while I am a car guy, a lot of fun is taken away from this hobby by listening to a bunch of "self appointed experts" bash anything that doesn't have their "flavor". I too have my opinions about a lot of collectable cars, but I also have a appreciation for each and don't feel like I need to tell everyone I run into about topics of each car that I don't necessarily take a liking too. I don't care for the "if it isn't a (insert your car here) it sucks because of the plastic whatever. Every car has it's uniqueness, some good, some very good, and some not so good. In a ideal world, I guess everybody would appreciate and respect others preferences. I can understand that some folks spend a lot of cash to maintain their hobby and therefore feel obligated to cherish that marque. Perhaps it's their only play toy. I'm lucky in that I've been able to have multiple cars at the same time so I've learned to appreciate the special attributes of each. I also know the limitations of cars that have such a special mystique about them like the NSX.

I don't want to offend anyone here, I just felt like I wanted to release a bit of stored frustration. The new Z06 is just simply a outstanding car for the money. No one from this list should be bashing the car. I've seen so much crap written about junk corvettes, and I would bet that a lot of it is from those who have no experience with Vettes. My 90 ZR-1 is a C-4 and while it isn't the best car of all time, it surely will have a special place among collectable cars for what it was capable of when introduced, just like the NSX. Would I compare the two cars with each other? No, completely different animals. I still love the ZR-1 though as much as my NSX. As a true automotive enthusiast, I try to appreciate a little from every car I see at the various shows.

Very well said!
HERE HERE``````` to the above. I was the guy that ran my buddies Z06 that Netviper and Autovation are talking about. It wasn't 6 cars but it was every bit of 4. As Netviper said I knew I was going to get to smoked....who cared...I wanted to see that car run and it did!! We were to start our roll on in third gear say 80KMH :). I know there was no way he was in third.
My car:CTSC headers exhaust JGTC intake. 6-speed conversion. lightened flywheel. 150lb+ weight reduction. His car: STOCK.
My third to fourth shift are fast. OUTCOME? 3-4 cars by the time I shifted to forth. He was gone! I still don't believe he was in third from what our other friends are saying.
TO BE CONT>

Some thing tells me that GM is having a problem designing the interior of their cars. If they think logically by transfering let's say, $1000 to make the interior better, the car will still sell. Sign...

Seems that GM heard you - the 2008 Vette has an optional all-leather interior. Leather dash and door panels with choices for color and stitching. The 08 vette also bumps HP up by 36 ponies.

Some nice pics of the car and new interior at:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-chevrolet-corvette/

Seems that GM heard you - the 2008 Vette has an optional all-leather interior. Leather dash and door panels with choices for color and stitching. The 08 vette also bumps HP up by 36 ponies.

Some nice pics of the car and new interior at:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-chevrolet-corvette/

One thing is for sure... If I'd ever buy a Vette, it woul;dn't be an automatic....

:smile: :smile:

I have to wonder how many Vette owners can safely drive a 505hp beast never mind a 541 hp monster safely whether or not it has an all leather interior or not?

On one of my first HPDE schools my instructor told me to floor my NSX as I rounded a turn. The back came around nicely but didn't slide too much. How many 500 hp Vipers have I seen try that and hit the wall? Four.

I'm not trying to say the NSX is superior for lapping etc. just that the horsepower war is getting rediculous. If you can't have fun in a 400hp machine, you're only going to hurt yourself and your car in a 500+ hp car.

(I wrote this the whole time thinking - man 541 hp would be awesome.)

HERE HERE``````` to the above. I was the guy that ran my buddies Z06 that Netviper and Autovation are talking about. It wasn't 6 cars but it was every bit of 4. As Netviper said I knew I was going to get to smoked....who cared...I wanted to see that car run and it did!! We were to start our roll on in third gear say 80KMH :). I know there was no way he was in third.
My car:CTSC headers exhaust JGTC intake. 6-speed conversion. lightened flywheel. 150lb+ weight reduction. His car: STOCK.
My third to fourth shift are fast. OUTCOME? 3-4 cars by the time I shifted to forth. He was gone! I still don't believe he was in third from what our other friends are saying.
TO BE CONT>

Only 4 car lengths? A "friend" also had a run in with an NA1 6psi CTSC/DC headers/Tubi/standard gearing against what I assume was a stock C6-Z06 from about 110km/h to about 220km/h. Both cars were in the same lane, with the Z06 in front, and by the end the Z06 was a lot further ahead than 6 car lengths...

It's a very humbling experience, even when you know you're going to get crushed!

I'm compelled to finally chime in on this topic. I've owned many sweet cars over the years, most of them were American cars. The NSX is my first Jap car. I've also owned many Honda bikes, lawn mowers, ATV's. Everything from Honda has been trouble free which is a high compliment about the Japanese engineering capabilities. I've also had very good luck with a variety of my American cars and some not so pleasant experiences. I had heard so much hype about how superior the Japanese cars were in build quality to the American products. Having now owned my NSX for 4 years, I just don't see how superior it is. Sure it is a very well built car, but it sure isn't light years ahead of some of my other rides. But I still love the car and don't see the need to bash everything else.

I have a very good friend who has a new C-6 Z06 and this is by far the most fun car I have ever driven. After driving the Chevy for a day and then going home in my NSX, it was so anemic feeling that it took a couple of days to re-evaluate why I even have the NSX.

My point is that while I am a car guy, a lot of fun is taken away from this hobby by listening to a bunch of "self appointed experts" bash anything that doesn't have their "flavor". I too have my opinions about a lot of collectable cars, but I also have a appreciation for each and don't feel like I need to tell everyone I run into about topics of each car that I don't necessarily take a liking too. I don't care for the "if it isn't a (insert your car here) it sucks because of the plastic whatever. Every car has it's uniqueness, some good, some very good, and some not so good. In a ideal world, I guess everybody would appreciate and respect others preferences. I can understand that some folks spend a lot of cash to maintain their hobby and therefore feel obligated to cherish that marque. Perhaps it's their only play toy. I'm lucky in that I've been able to have multiple cars at the same time so I've learned to appreciate the special attributes of each. I also know the limitations of cars that have such a special mystique about them like the NSX.

I don't want to offend anyone here, I just felt like I wanted to release a bit of stored frustration. The new Z06 is just simply a outstanding car for the money. No one from this list should be bashing the car. I've seen so much crap written about junk corvettes, and I would bet that a lot of it is from those who have no experience with Vettes. My 90 ZR-1 is a C-4 and while it isn't the best car of all time, it surely will have a special place among collectable cars for what it was capable of when introduced, just like the NSX. Would I compare the two cars with each other? No, completely different animals. I still love the ZR-1 though as much as my NSX. As a true automotive enthusiast, I try to appreciate a little from every car I see at the various shows.

ZR-1 NSX

Feel free to do a search here on Nsx Wannabe posted by nsx6 to see my ex C5 + NSX headlights = some love/some hate on both side. I love both as you can see:biggrin:

Phuc'

Back