ZO6...In disbelief

The C6 Z06 interior looks nothing like the C5 Z06 first of all and I with a new shifter the C6Z06 beats a pre 02' NSX interior IMO. The huge glove box, steering wheel, radio, no HID or HUD, cheesy looking NSX logos.

My opinion only looking long in the tooth at least the 02+ have stitching that adds a little.

I went to the dealership to look at the new Z06 and thought it was a nice car. I would have considered buying one if the dealership hadn’t marked the price up $25,000 over sticker. The sticker price was $65,000 but they were selling it for $90,000!! I can’t justify spending that much over sticker price on ANY car just because of demand!

If they had proper price to meet proper demand... the car would not have been in the showroom for you to see.

I don't see anything wrong with this interior. Sure it ain't Ferrari F430 quality, but it's pretty darn good to me.

InteriorShot.jpg

I dont see anything wrong with it either. THe NSX is even more plain IMO. Im not a big american car fan but I love to own the C6Z06 3200ilbs same weight as a 03 NSX but 500hp. Some of you NSX are seriously stuck up about their NSX.

The Z06 is a phenomenally engineered automobile. Unfortunately this does not extend to the interior.

Some thing tells me that GM is having a problem designing the interior of their cars. If they think logically by transfering let's say, $1000 to make the interior better, the car will still sell. Sign...

Some thing tells me that GM is having a problem designing the interior of their cars.

GM has problems period. Look at their all "new" truck and then look at the truck Toyota just deigned and built. The Chevy pickup looks like a pile of $hit to me and in order for me to buy the Chevy over anything else the price would have to be 1/4 of what the price currently is. The way things are going for GM I just might get a truck at that discounted price......at the bankruptcy auction.

I don't think the ZO6 interior looks bad. My concern is that after 40,000 miles it would rattle and squeek badly.

I'll wait for one to depreciate to about $25k. I'll pick it up and drive it for a year for laughs.

Then I'll bring it to NSXPO and you guys can all say to your passenger "Ya, but it has a crap interior" as I pass you on the outside during the track event. :)

Then I'd sell it, because I'm certain that the thing would drive me crazy after one season of driving it.

Then I'll bring it to NSXPO and you guys can all say to your passenger "Ya, but it has a crap interior" as I pass you on the outside during the track event.

Good thing the NSX handles well so we can dodge the parts that will be falling off the Z06.

Dropped by the Nuerburgring yesterday for a few minutes, saw 5 of them on and around the Ring. I think they look nice enough.
The cars getting the looks were the Viper, the Corvettes, my NSX and the Ferrari. Nobody even looks at the Porsches. Even the GT3s there.
It’s amazing how many looks my 91 NSX (bone stock) gets, as much as any other car there.
The guy in the Viper spun it with surface damage to the bumper and nose from a brush with the Armco!
And as a bonus, my girlfriend didn’t throw up during the lap! But when I joked to her about it, she said it would be ok to throw up in the Corvettes because of the plastic! Where did THAT come from? She hardly knows what a Corvette is!
What a babe!

Anyway, all nice cars IMO.

You guys can't judge the interior by the excellent studio photo. When I sat in one, it felt very similar to sitting in my Silverado. You can feel the Chevy-ness in the controls and surfaces around you (which I actually liked better than Ford and Dodge for trucks). It may be somewhat better than my truck, but it really isn't as good as the picture may have you believe, unfortunately. I love the engineering in the rest of the car though.

Last edited:
Some thing tells me that GM is having a problem designing the interior of their cars. If they think logically by transfering let's say, $1000 to make the interior better, the car will still sell. Sign...

Something tells me that Honda is having a problem designing the engines of their high-performance cars. If they think logically by transferring let's say, $1000 to make engines with more than 300 HP, cars like the NSX, RL and S2000 wouldn't be selling in the micro-volumes that they are (or did, in the case of the NSX). Sigh...

Besides Honda, are there any car companies that don't have an engine that makes more than 300 HP?

Something tells me that Honda is having a problem designing the engines of their high-performance cars. If they think logically by transferring let's say, $1000 to make engines with more than 300 HP, cars like the NSX, RL and S2000 wouldn't be selling in the micro-volumes that they are (or did, in the case of the NSX). Sigh...

Besides Honda, are there any car companies that don't have an engine that makes more than 300 HP?
Geeeeeeez, lets just put this one to bed already! Yes, the NSX is underpowered. Yes, GMs have crap interiors. No, people don't buy the NSX just for its motor. No, people don't buy the Z06 just for its interior.

i agree about the interior.... but, honestly, a lot of people here strip the insides of their cars anyway.... and a ferrari's interior isn't that impressive either

i am just impressed with chevy's attent to detail..... c'mon.... butterfly valves in the exhaust to control tone? that's pretty sweet.
stock dry sump? sign me up

if you're still not impressed (and still can't get over the interior).... you're hopeless.... like the domestic guys that can't look past the fact the nsx is japanese and a V6

yes, the Z06 is a chevy
and the ford gt is a ford....
but it's ok to like these cars.... they are anomalies

(oh.... and the Z06 is faster than the ford GT....)
0.4s slower to 60, 7mph slower top speed BUT
0.7s faster to 100
0.1s faster on the qm
0.02g better on the skidpad

what do you expect of the salesman? Its a Chevy dealer. They sell Cobalts.

The only dealership I have been to where I was impressed with the knowledge of the salesperson was at the Ferrari dealer, and the salesperson was a woman named Natalia... her father managed, her brother was a mechanic in the shop, and she was rev-matching with her high heel shoes. I am not joking.

Wow!! Go back and take a picture of her :biggrin: I think I'm in love:tongue:

I do not know.....but if someone was talking to me about a product I represented and they said it, or a part of it, looked like shit, I might get a little defensive and perhaps the encounter would go down hill from there.

And, how impressed do you think he was with an NSX, really. Just because someone owns one, does not mean they are rich or qualified to buy anything else. Class transends whatever one drives or owns. Rather than expressing your opinon about the quality, or lack thereof, in the interior, maybe just appreciating the other aspects of this car would have been appropriate.

Trust me, I do not work for Chevrolet, nor do I aspire to own a Z06, but it is still one hell of a car for the dollar.

Oh hear we go again :rolleyes:

Well, my .02,

The NSX is a glorious car. The ZO6 is an extraordinary car. Many of us love the NSX because it's an intoxicating car. The ZO6, and I speak on assumption here as I have not had the pleasure of driving one, is a performance monster that gives you the most performance bang for the buck.

It all comes down to taste in the end. I have driven other American muscle or performance cars. Their interior design and feel is.....well......different. I've never had the pleasure of really running a Ferrari hard either. I can only assume it is refined and powerful.

If money wasn't an issue, I would buy a brand new NSX and modify it just for me first. Then I would buy a Ferrari F430. Lastly, I would get the C6 ZO6. Why? Just a matter of taste.

As far as the salesmen goes...screw him!! I went with my sister in the NSX to a local Honda dealership so she can test drive the new pilot. After standing around and watching salesmen ignore us and move on to other customers that walked in after us, I approached someone and demanded we be helped. My sister wanted to test-drive the Pilot. The salesmen approached us, looked at us up and down and said that he had NO pilots for us to test drive. He was a Liar. We saw someone leave in a pilot with another salemen to for a test drive as well as a dozen pilots on the lot. We even went home and called the dealership saying we wanted to trade in our '05 BMW 5 series for a pilot and they said they had some we could test drive. I could use some better metaphors for the salesmen and the dealership in general (I've had several calls of fraud committed by the dealership's employees on customers) but that would give Cairo94507 another righteous cause to exploit.

Also, don’t forget, you can’t compare the new cars like the Z06 with the NSX. Our NSXes are old timers now.
Compare our NSXes with a 91 Corvette, then you have a real comparison. The NSX was vastly superior. Then again the NSX was 2-3 times more expensive.

If Honda had continued progression with the NSX and made a 2007 (or even a 2003 NSX) new model NSX, THEN we could compare them.

I love my NSX, but I give credit to Chevy for making the Z06.

Here in Europe, Corvettes are not common and they are striking when you see one.

Also here in Europe we can actually drive these types of cars on the street everyday even in built up areas like they were made to be driven, so most owners here use them hard.
As mentioned above, I saw a few at the Ring so the owners are not using them to polish or cruise or to gain some sort of respect.
The ones I saw were being driven very fast and very hard. One even pasted me! (Haha.:wink:)

And as for the price, well the dollar (euro) isn’t worth much anyway, 100,000 now seems like 30,000 then.

Also here in Europe we can actually drive these types of cars on the street everyday even in built up areas like they were made to be driven, so most owners here use them hard.

Go ahead....Rub it in. :tongue:

What is the speed limit, if there is one?

Also, don’t forget, you can’t compare the new cars like the Z06 with the NSX. Our NSXes are old timers now.
Compare our NSXes with a 91 Corvette, then you have a real comparison. The NSX was vastly superior. Then again the NSX was 2-3 times more expensive.

If Honda had continued progression with the NSX and made a 2007 (or even a 2003 NSX) new model NSX, THEN we could compare them.

i duno man, that would mean honda would have to surpass ferrari too :wink:
of course, they did it in 91.... but that was before every car on the road was fast as hell....

FWIW, the comparable Corvette at the time was the ZR-1 model which was the closest competitor performance wise. And it was 30k option to the 30-40k base Corvette.

lol Some one is offended.

I still remember the good old days... Road and Track...
Rated by Mario Andretti:
First place: 996 Turbo
Second Place: NSX Zanardi.
Third Place: F355
Fourth Place.....

Fifth Place...

And guess what, NSX had 290HP and was running against the C5 Z06 and very much beat it in every catagory...

I guess the term "package" is not in GM's dictionary, even today...lol

BTW, does the C6 roof still flying off the car after passing 100mph? Yeah, that 400/500hp is nice, but I would like to think the roof will stay intact when when a proud C6 owner excercise those awesome OHV powers with leaf spring suspension!!!:biggrin:

What about the NSX's snap ring or the 1000 miles of tire life? lol every car has it's probs.

Snap ring was a issue from out sourcing, which was not made to factory specs; as for 1000 tire life, never heard of it. Even the NSX-R's RE070 will give you minimum of 4000 miles.

BUT... C6 Roof flew off because GM designed it that way, by glue it in... THAT my friend, if funny.

Back