Where are all the Production deliveries ??

at six per month every car should be built to perfection...plenty of time at the plant:tongue:

did they fix those?

I would hardly say a 200k car with this many rattles and window noise issues is well built... but I would love to know how to fix them with dental floss?

I would hardly say a 200k car with this many rattles and window noise issues is well built... but I would love to know how to fix them with dental floss?

Tie the floss around your finger until your finger turns blue. The rattles and wind noise become less of a problem.

I would be first in line to have the honor of showing Turd the door.

My sense is, Honda management didn't want the new NSX and don't really give a crap.

The US marketing folks probably can't get any budget approved to promote it and with sales near zero, it will be be an adventure to put the money in place to augment the features to make the car a bit more competitive.

After work this afternoon, I stopped into my local Ferrari dealership to see the transformation they did. They dumped Lotus, Aston, McLaren and Maserati to focus on the prancing horse. They kept Koenigsegg but that is only a couple of cars a year.

You really get a sense of lifestyle with the look and feel of the place. They had dozens of cars. One area was just for personalization. At Acura, they have a little cabinet with the paltry color options. The Ferrari dealer has the wheel, seat, steering wheel, caliper and leather options in full scale for you to see and feel.

Consider the range of personalization, regular ordering, atelier, tailor made, and then one off cars.

They have road cars, challenge cars and the FXX program.

Kind of mind boggling.

Six NSX's sold in June?!?!? I believe the market is speaking. People simply aren't interested in the car. Sadly, like the botched beak on the last iterations of Acuras, the company is not listening. Some may say price is a major factor; however, like others have mentioned, the hybrid drivetrain and its inherent complexity without spectacular performance gains is a turn off for many. This is a sad state of affairs for the car itself is aesthetically pleasing.

Issue is price, pure and simple. Honda nerds like me want the car but having seen big discounts last year, are not going to order one for MSRP.

This situation is eerily similar to the RLX Sport Hybrid (which I thankfully had the foresight to lease, not finance/buy, due to depreciation), whose sales are picking up after its refresh.

So sad to see this happen to such an amazing car. I hope the big H makes things better. They may have to do what my precious Cavs are having to do without LeBron: Blow up the team and start over. Oh wait...I’m overcome with grief.... [emoji20]

Last edited:
The RLX can't compete with Hyundai or Kia. I got one as a loaner and I made it clear to my service advisor I never want another one.

The NSX is a great car that lacks a following, too bad but I can't fix it so I enjoy mine and call it a day.

Will you really miss JR Smith?

Six NSX's sold in June?!?!? I believe the market is speaking. People simply aren't interested in the car. Sadly, like the botched beak on the last iterations of Acuras, the company is not listening. Some may say price is a major factor; however, like others have mentioned, the hybrid drivetrain and its inherent complexity without spectacular performance gains is a turn off for many. This is a sad state of affairs for the car itself is aesthetically pleasing.

i'd have to agree 100%. some can use the price as the excuse all day long, but if the performance and allure was there, they'd be selling significantly more than 5 or 6 a month...

Will you really miss JR Smith?

LOL, no. I simply dislike that for small market NBA teams without a superstar, the only way to build is through the luck of the draft, and the Cavs have shown they are as good doing that as OKC or the Spurs......not! ROFLMAO Hoping my season ticket prices go down now that the product will not be good quality...

OTOH, Honda will learn from this experience and do better. Witness the success of the CTR and RDX.

My sense is, Honda management didn't want the new NSX and don't really give a crap.

The US marketing folks probably can't get any budget approved to promote it and with sales near zero, it will be be an adventure to put the money in place to augment the features to make the car a bit more competitive.

After work this afternoon, I stopped into my local Ferrari dealership to see the transformation they did. They dumped Lotus, Aston, McLaren and Maserati to focus on the prancing horse. They kept Koenigsegg but that is only a couple of cars a year.

You really get a sense of lifestyle with the look and feel of the place. They had dozens of cars. One area was just for personalization. At Acura, they have a little cabinet with the paltry color options. The Ferrari dealer has the wheel, seat, steering wheel, caliper and leather options in full scale for you to see and feel.

Consider the range of personalization, regular ordering, atelier, tailor made, and then one off cars.

They have road cars, challenge cars and the FXX program.

Kind of mind boggling.
Plus the Clienti program and the Classiche program. Amazing how they have managed 70 years of history into steady cash flow. Their stock is doing great. Wish I bought some at $50.

For the well healed the Clienti program can get you in the drivers seat to pretty much any past race car... and they manage it for you in their global race series. A friend was a guest at a race in South America and it completely blew him away.

Acura and the NSX will never be this. And I didn’t expect it to be anywhere close. It’s a great car and I’m enjoying it. Just hope something is done to get things moving so it remains viable and desirable. As for dealers... My dealer experience for service was ok. Functional and basic in the waiting area yet solid technical work on the car. The showroom part is pretty weak if anyone goes in to order one. I bought mine out of state, sight unseen and had it shipped to me so no real interaction there. I did this with a past Ferrari also.

At least Ford is selling or sold out of the GT, but similar dealer experience. Showrooms tend to be old and I haven’t seen anything dedicated to the GT other than maybe posters. Guess sold out before delivered. Recent service visit for my truck and a GT sat next to a Fiesta or Fusion something. All very different than Ferrari, but a different business model and focus for the past decades.

I would be first in line to have the honor of showing Turd the door.My sense is, Honda management didn't want the new NSX and don't really give a crap. .
I am not certain that I would place full blame on Ted. He was likely under pressure from corporate leaders to push the hybrid agenda and to that end he delivered. Someone here mentioned that at a past NSXPO he was timid and shy about mentioning that the upcoming NSX had a hybrid drivetrain. To me he seems like a respectful gentlemen just doing his job. The issue here is corporate leadership. They "think" they know what the market wants. They don't. Again, I recall completing TWO customer surveys regarding the new NSX well before its release and from the questions I recall, I only see a handful of elements that made it to production. Either there are a lot of goofy owners completing the survey and wanted weird crap in the car or they missed their target.

Personally, at this point, the one way that Acura can save face is to create a "de-contented" version of NSX with the bulk of the hybrid drivetrain removed and naturally sell it at a different price point (ideally somewhat lower). Thus they would have two flavors of the NSX...hybrid and non-hybrid (or lite hybrid- non AWD). My guess is that it would sell significantly better. Superficially, I don't believe it would be a difficult task to undertake, but I could be wrong. So at this point, those who relished having a rare exotic, it appears you are getting your wish. Though once maintenance items surface, I do wish you all the best cause when something is really rare the costs just jump through the ceiling. Additionally, if sales continue at this rate I cannot see that Honda/Acura will support the car the way they have the Gen1 NSX's.

Finally, I appreciate those who post their experiences with their NSX's. I must say that the numerous comments about creaks, rattles and wind noise are not indicative of a well sorted vehicle. It seems that as the miles add up, the issues ultimately surface. Certainly, none that are listed are catastrophic or could potentially leave you stranded on the side of the road, but they are not what I would expect from a car at this price point from a recognized manufacturer that built its reputation on quality.

Last edited:

So what does Ted Klaus actually have to say in the Acura Executive Committe meetings after another single digit month? When he flies to Japan for Honda Exec meetings, what on earth is he presenting ? My point is, in a normal corporation, somebody (Ted Klaus) needs to answer these questions:

- where is your market data to support the business opportunity for this investment ?

- what performance advantage did we actually gain by spending an additional ~$100M on the hybrid R&D element ?

- it is the opinion of our board that you were not qualified to build a Supercar considering your experience in this area is Zero and instead you contributed to our CL program. What's your position on this, Ted?

- What was your projected internal rate of return on the hundreds of millions we invested? Considering we are materially behind schedule, what is your plan to get this business back on track ?

- Why is Mercedes selling 150 units of AMG GTs per month at higher price points than we are, with no incentives ? Why can Nissan sell 60 units a month of a 10-year-old GT-R design and we only sell six NSXes? Why do none of the other cars in our price range offer battery packs yet all are faster and all manage to sell at a healthy clip? Why does Dodge sell every Hellcat and Demon it builds? Why is the car you built not capturing the imagination and wallets of buyers en masse? What's the answer Ted, hundreds of jobs are on the line here. Speak up.

- now you want us to justify giving you additional funding to create an even more expensive type R model ? And to do a refresh? Based on what business plan ? Based on what forecast ? Based on what deposits from paying customers ? Hello Ted, are you listening ? You just made the automotive equivalent of John Carter. That flop lost $200M for Disney.

I can't see Ted Klaus having a great time in the office these days...

Finally, I appreciate those who post their experiences with their NSX's. I must say that the numerous comments about creaks, rattles and wind noise are not indicative of a well sorted vehicle. It seems that as the miles add up, the issues ultimately surface. Certainly, none that are listed are catastrophic or could potentially leave you stranded on the side of the road, but they are not what I would expect from a car at this price point from a recognized manufacturer that built its reputation on quality.
Hope it continues... So far mine has been fine. Had some creaks by the windows and put on some of the fancy silicone grease and it’s gone.

And lots of miles across SD and WY and minimal wind noise. Cruising at a good pace with strong head or side winds I could hear some at times. Nothing crazy just noticeable. Talking was still fine. And the car was planted even with those winds. At normal speeds it’s quiet. No rattles either. About 2,500 miles.

I get that many folks do not support the hybrid aspect of the car.

For me, it is a great thing.

As has been said so many times, it also links to the hybrid content in other current/future Acuras.

The car took too long to bring to market between decision making and engineering. I like to blame Turd, and I am sure others contributed to this situation.

MB sales level for the AMG-GT reflect my point that there are plenty of folks with the means/desire for fast cars. MB has the luxury marque cache that many of these folks want. I also believe they did a stellar job regarding the contenting of these cars (ex. some of the safety nannies).

The Dodge deathtraps are about maximizing power per dollar.

Why is Mercedes selling 150 units of AMG GTs per month at higher price points than we are, with no incentives ? Why can Nissan sell 60 units a month of a 10-year-old GT-R design and we only sell six NSXes? Why do none of the other cars in our price range offer battery packs yet all are faster and all manage to sell at a healthy clip? Why does Dodge sell every Hellcat and Demon it builds? Why is the car you built not capturing the imagination and wallets of buyers en masse? ...
Very well said. You nailed the very essence of this maligned product. It could have been great but it is hampered by a green agenda that many car aficionados don't care about.

I have spent about 2-3 hours of face time with Ted over the years at xpos....To disparage him for the buffet line habits of american car buyer/renters is short sided at best.They provided a fine looking mid-engine car that exceeded the performance of the two benchmarks the 458 and P-TT ...married with the Earth-Dream philosophy.....He did the best he could do saddled with the myriad of corporate constraints. He is a car guy, and he is a good enough speaker to be a good ambassador for the brand......The key now is to look at the buffet table and see what bowls are empty , and compare to your rather full bowl and respond...

I hate to say it, but I'm just guessing that the sales figures would have been a lot better if Honda (Japan) brought the HSV to market in the low $100k's. Let the NSX name die with the old gen 1's.

Only a few people know how this ultimately benefits or hurts Acura's bottom line. My parents just picked up a hybrid MDX and love it. The wait and options are so limited you basically have to jump on it when one becomes available. The hybrid RLX drives OK but it would sell better too if it wasn't $10k overpriced and ugly.

So what does Ted Klaus actually have to say in the Acura Executive Committe meetings after another single digit month? When he flies to Japan for Honda Exec meetings, what on earth is he presenting ?

You typically don't make it to that level without being cool and collected under pressure, and most of all, able to lay the blame on things supposedly outside of your control. Just kidding. Sort of. :biggrin:

Does anyone know how many 570s mclaren is selling? It's a bit more expensive but ultimately I think it and the r8 are the NSX closest competition.

The Ferrari dealer near work sold off their other marques, including McLaren. The view point I got from them is that McLaren does not have momentum in the space, and they were happy to move the franchise to another owner.

Today on cars.com there are 107 new 570S priced from $193,780 to $268,800 (noting that the spiders are at the top).

There are also 12 new 570 GT priced from $192,900 to $228,240.

There are also 84 used 570S priced from $162,895 to $247,800

Back